Week 14 GDT - San Francisco 49ers @ Houston Texans

J-ALL-DAY

So Garoppolo's debut was pretty damn good eh? But this should be a bigger test going up against the Texans. Our OL held up very well last week, and despite the Texans injuries to their front seven, they should be able to generate more pressure than the Bears did.

I think we can agree the Garoppolo to Taylor connection is real, but he seemed to have nice chemistry with Goodwin as well. Because of how Fangio calls his defenses, Garoppolo really didn't attempt any shots down the field. Hopefully that changes this week.

Witherspoon vs Hopkins? Really interested in seeing how the rookie fares against a top 3-5 WR in the game. He hasn't really been tested all that much the last few weeks, but it will certainly change this week.

I think both Thomas and Buckner will come away with sacks this week. Thomas was close a couple of times last game, but Tribusky got out of his reach. Buckner has been close damn near all season, but that changes on Sunday.

Can we get Kittle going? He's been inconsistent all season but I want to see him get some targets, especially in the red zone.

Second consecutive winnable game against the struggling Texans. I think we pull it out.

SF 24 HOU 17

Witherspoon should have a slightly easier time with Hopkins with Savage at QB. Texans D isn't really that impressive especially with their injuries so I think Jimmy G can for sure have a great game. I hope Thomas can break out Sunday, I really want him to prove Lynch and Shanny were right to pick him third. Does anyone else get Wes Welker vibes off of Taylor? I think he can be great if chemistry keeps developing with him and Jimmy G.

I agree with you about being able to go deep this week. I would like to see some play action bootlegs, then a pump fake, double move, and a pretty deep ball with some air under it. I am a firm believer that you should go deep on your first drive (ideally after you already have gotten a first down to avoid a three and out on the first possession if you dont get it) to force defenses to keep their safties deep for the remainder of the game. 

I would like to see some blitzes up the middle. Savage can be gotten to. Im smelling a tipped pass and an interception this week. 

NINERS ROLL 31-17

I agree with a lot of what you guys are saying. I do believe we will win this game. I hope its not as close as last weeks game and like Forge mentioned, we actually get into the end zone instead of Gould scoring all of our points. It reminds me when Dawson broke our record of most points in a season (if memory serves me correctly) because we didn't have anything offensively. 

I'm really interest to see what Jimmy can do with some weapons around him, but he's making due with what we have, and like Jay mentioned, that connection with Goodwin and Taylor is real. You almost want to pick them up in fantasy lol.

Is it just me, or were all of Taylor's catches third down conversions? If the Texans are doing their homework, Taylor should have a tougher time converting next time around. Not that he had an easy time last sunday. His catches were some of the toughest catches I've seen a niner receiver make this year. In traffic, in tight windows, having to reach up to catch a throw only he could catch. He was very impressive. I wouldn't be surprised if he already started getting special attention from the defense because of his performance. We can only hope the Garoppolo-Taylor duo can stay ahead of the curve. 

I rewatched all of Jimmy's throw, and I'm happy to realize that there's still room for improvement, and since it was only his first start, it's pretty obvious he can and will improve. 

On 12/6/2017 at 9:37 PM, rudyZ said:

Is it just me, or were all of Taylor's catches third down conversions? If the Texans are doing their homework, Taylor should have a tougher time converting next time around. Not that he had an easy time last sunday. His catches were some of the toughest catches I've seen a niner receiver make this year. In traffic, in tight windows, having to reach up to catch a throw only he could catch. He was very impressive. I wouldn't be surprised if he already started getting special attention from the defense because of his performance. We can only hope the Garoppolo-Taylor duo can stay ahead of the curve. 

I rewatched all of Jimmy's throw, and I'm happy to realize that there's still room for improvement, and since it was only his first start, it's pretty obvious he can and will improve. 

5 of Taylor's 6 receptions were 3rd down conversions. 

Don't know if we'll win this game. I do think that Hopkins is going to go buckwild though even if Savage is in at QB. We don't have any edge player that scares offenses. Maybe Buckner gets out of his funk and causes mayhem up front as he's struggled the last couple of games. Even though these are two bad teams it could be a high scoring contest through the air. Both pass defenses are awful. I hope Jimmy G has a quality game though. 

Archived