Jimmy G Apology Thread

NYRaider

3 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Carr is definitely better but neither is a guy i would want to commit to long term.

Excluding the rookies, Jimmy and Carr have both performed like bottom tier QBs this year.

This. The guys who criticized Carr are also criticizing Jimmy. The guys who loved Carr are criticizing Jimmy and acting like we made a mistake letting Carr go. There was no mistake. He was long overdue to go, long overdue. Carr is not good. But he did manage the game well enough to keep you from drafting a real Franchise QB. It was non-stop .500 purgatory. Perhaps this year we are bad enough to land a Franchise QB because Jimmy blows chunks. I would have gambled on QB long before this. 2020 I would have traded up for Tua. This most recent draft I would have traded up for Richardson. But can’t dwell on the past. We need to find our QB of the Future and he’s likely in this upcoming draft. However, I do want to give Aidan O Connell a fair shot. He might actually be…. really good. I would bench Jimmy now to be honest. But he likely gets at least two more games unfortunately. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

This. The guys who criticized Carr are also criticizing Jimmy. The guys who loved Carr are criticizing Jimmy and acting like we made a mistake letting Carr go. There was no mistake. He was long overdue to go, long overdue. Carr is not good. But he did manage the game well enough to keep you from drafting a real Franchise QB. It was non-stop .500 purgatory. Perhaps this year we are bad enough to land a Franchise QB because Jimmy blows chunks. I would have gambled on QB long before this. 2020 I would have traded up for Tua. This most recent draft I would have traded up for Richardson. But can’t dwell on the past. We need to find our QB of the Future and he’s likely in this upcoming draft. However, I do want to give Aidan O Connell a fair shot. He might actually be…. really good. I would bench Jimmy now to be honest. But he likely gets at least two more games unfortunately. 

Yeah. And exactly on the second game he will manage us to a win, and the same goes on and on.

5 minutes ago, Styrian Raider said:

Yeah. And exactly on the second game he will manage us to a win, and the same goes on and on.

No, he won’t. Brother, the Chargers and Packers are going to absolutely curb stomp us. Packers are way better than people think. Solid Defense, Solid QB, speed everywhere, 2nd fastest offense in the NFL behind Miami. I think AOC makes his first start against New England Week 6. You definitely don’t want your first start against Bellichick, but whatever. 

1 hour ago, Tank4Drake said:

No, he won’t. Brother, the Chargers and Packers are going to absolutely curb stomp us. Packers are way better than people think. Solid Defense, Solid QB, speed everywhere, 2nd fastest offense in the NFL behind Miami. I think AOC makes his first start against New England Week 6. You definitely don’t want your first start against Bellichick, but whatever. 

Knowing the Raiders, we win just enough games to not get the one of the top 2 QBs.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

That's the sh** part for O'Connell, too, ain't it? 

I don't think he's a long term savior, but nothing I saw from him says he shouldn't have a Keenum/Moore/Taylor/Minshew etc type of career as a seasoned vet backup. But if we start him now, we very well could derail his long term potential just given who the upcoming opponents are. 

• Like 1

After being “iffy at best” all offseason on this team, after preseason / TC

I really thought Jimmy would be good enough to beat a stacked box. 
I saw the vision JMD had for the O.
I started to believe. 

The broncos game was messy, but jimmy made the big run at the end got the W. - jimmy doing jimmy things. 
Buff knew wed lose, but got embarrassed. 
Just got embarrassed on our home opener. 

Bottom 5 O currently, and have next to nothing to cheer for when watching. 

Why do I let this brutal team play with my heart so much. 
Ill hold out hope we somehow beat chargers, and at 2-2 anything still possible, but we lose, and I’m just going to zone out and prepare for a long season. 

then ill get all excited for the draft only to watch us have the ability to draft Maye or Caleb, and to have us take Sanders instead. 

• Like 1

Man.  The recent posts in this thread really sum up how I feel right now.  All on point.  Rough season.  Rough couple of weeks.  Rough having such a mediocre offense.  

25th ranked offense PPG and 24th ranked defense PPG.  We aren't winning many games this season.  We'll probably end up drafting in the 7-10 range too.  So probably missing out on the QBotF.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Man.  The recent posts in this thread really sum up how I feel right now.  All on point.  Rough season.  Rough couple of weeks.  Rough having such a mediocre offense.  

25th ranked offense PPG and 24th ranked defense PPG.  We aren't winning many games this season.  We'll probably end up drafting in the 7-10 range too.  So probably missing out on the QBotF.

Honestly don’t see how we get more wins than last year. We can’t even get into fg range anymore. 

but won’t have ammo to move up to top 2. It’ll be historic amount, if even traded. 

25 minutes ago, Jerry said:

You just know they end up beating the Chargers and we buy back in. Happens every season.... we throw in the towel and they suck us back in with a win before demoralizing us all over again. This team is aging me lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Honestly don’t see how we get more wins than last year. We can’t even get into fg range anymore. 

but won’t have ammo to move up to top 2. It’ll be historic amount, if even traded. 

Sure we can. Can get to the 8 yard line and kick a FG down 8 instead of tie the game. 

Favorite part of that was Raiders social media team quick with the graphic to show Carlson has scored 600 points as a Raider. Check the temperature of the room guys. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Move mountains to secure one of the top QBs. I think we'll be picking in the 3-7 range personally. I think our only shots at wins are the Bears, Giants, Jets, Vikings, Colts and Broncos. So realistically probably only 5-6 wins. We'll 100% be picking top 8 at the very least.

We have to get uber lucky that the team picking #1 would pass on Williams (Highly doubt that), and even then you're competing against 25+ other teams who would trade their QB in for him.

I'm trading multiple years of 1s, 2s and 3s to land him. Take a pick of any roster player even, sans Crosby. Want a top 8 LT in Kolton Miller? Go for it. 

You do whatever it takes to land a generational QB imho.

Edit: I am including Adams in a trade up.

Edited by RaidersAreOne
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

+1.  It's going to be rough.  Maybe we can get the top defensive player in the draft?  Hopefully that's worst-case scenario.  I'm really hoping we somehow find a way into the top pick.  I know that means losing out but man, best way to turn a franchise around is by getting a QB that can truly lead the team.  Carr and Jimmy aren't it.  We need a QB.  Period.

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

You just know they end up beating the Chargers and we buy back in. Happens every season.... we throw in the towel and they suck us back in with a win before demoralizing us all over again. This team is aging me lol

I don't even know how I'd feel if we beat them.  Commitment to mid I guess?  I'm not buying this fake gold BS.  I know we aren't good even if we do somehow beat the Chargers.  Only way I'm buying back in is if we somehow end up 5-2 after the next 4 weeks.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Move mountains to secure one of the top QBs. I think we'll be picking in the 3-7 range personally. I think our only shots at wins are the Bears, Giants, Jets, Vikings, Colts and Broncos. So realistically probably only 5-6 wins. We'll 100% be picking top 8 at the very least.

We have to get uber lucky that the team picking #1 would pass on Williams (Highly doubt that), and even then you're competing against 25+ other teams who would trade their QB in for him.

I'm trading multiple years of 1s, 2s and 3s to land him. Take a pick of any roster player even, sans Crosby. Want a top 8 LT in Kolton Miller? Go for it. 

You do whatever it takes to land a generational QB imho.

Edit: I am including Adams in a trade up.

Does Adams have a no-trade clause?  Valid question.  We are the type of team to add that to contracts.

9 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Does Adams have a no-trade clause?  Valid question.  We are the type of team to add that to contracts.

I'm not seeing anything:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/las-vegas-raiders/davante-adams-14463/

I mean if any player in the NFL deserves a NTC it's Adams. I wouldn't have minded if we gave him one tbh. But if not, I sit down with him and see what his intentions are. I don't think he's ever going to sulk and not be a pros pro, but his comments last game make me think he's pissed off:

" I don't have time to wait" makes me think he'd be willing to get traded. However if a team is picking #1, they are likely in a worse spot than us. It's a tough situation.

• Like 1