Jimmy G Apology Thread

NYRaider

3 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Yeah but what about the Steelers game that got him benched though

A lot of fans that weren’t around in the mid aughts are about to feel exactly what that experience was like it feels like. Let’s hope Mark smartens up and does what’s needed. 

1 minute ago, FloydFan said:

A lot of fans that weren’t around in the mid aughts are about to feel exactly what that experience was like it feels like. Let’s hope Mark smartens up and does what’s needed. 

The first thing I said when Derek Carr got bench was y'all forgot what it's like when we really had bad quarterback play. People are being reminded about how bad it can get now

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

The first thing I said when Derek Carr got bench was y'all forgot what it's like when we really had bad quarterback play. People are being reminded about how bad it can get now

Yep. A lot of folks are about to either remember or see what starting a Rick Meier means. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I know Carr wasn't great. 

But I fail to see how 'getting rid of Carr" had any "good" effect on this team. 

We aren't picking top 5 and may not if we get 1 more win. 

We may lose MORE of our top talent because they may demand their way out

We may need to wait for another coaching staff and a bran new rebuild process to get us on track, which could be 3 more years before we see a semblance of improvement and mediocrity again....all to get back to the point where Carr had us. Which in hind sight wasn't a bad place to start

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, NickButera said:

We may need to wait for another coaching staff and a bran new rebuild process to get us on track, which could be 3 more years before we see a semblance of improvement and mediocrity again....all to get back to the point where Carr had us. Which in hind sight wasn't a bad place to start

Yup called it. We should've let them all roll with Rich Bissacia and at least find out if it was a fluke with the players that we went to the playoffs with because now we'll never know and we don't have a lot of the guys that made a successful that year

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Just because Jimmy stinks doesn’t mean that cutting Carr was a bad decision. He wasn’t good either and hasn’t been too good this year either . The issue is bringing in Jimmy G who is washed up

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Just because Jimmy stinks doesn’t mean that cutting Carr was a bad decision. He wasn’t good either and hasn’t been too good this year either . The issue is bringing in Jimmy G who is washed up

Yes it does. We cut Carr so we could start hot garbage at QB. That's objectively a bad decision. 

Carr isn't great, he's not hot garbage. When you trade a guy like Mack and start hot garbage over him, that's a bad decision. When you get rid of any mediocre player and start hot garbage over him next year, that's a bad decision too. 

• Like 6

I truly believe our offense last year with the defense this year would have us winning 10 games.  

It's going to be weird if our offense ends up being bottom 10 for more than a couple of years.  I mean our offense always regressed every time we brought in a new HC with DC, but at least they would start to gel after a year or two.  Now we may be stuck in QB purgatory for next 3-10 years again.  We are just so inept at drafting/signing decent QBs.  It sucks.

18 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I truly believe our offense last year with the defense this year would have us winning 10 games.  

It's going to be weird if our offense ends up being bottom 10 for more than a couple of years.  I mean our offense always regressed every time we brought in a new HC with DC, but at least they would start to gel after a year or two.  Now we may be stuck in QB purgatory for next 3-10 years again.  We are just so inept at drafting/signing decent QBs.  It sucks.

We have been in QB purgatory for last 10 years at least. We are worse ran franchise in NFL by far and probably worst ran of all professional sports. Raiders should be in league below the NFL and just above college. JMD is a disaster and Mark is clueless 

2 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Getting rid of Carr was a bad decision because we significantly downgraded at the most important position on the field. We should have at least held on to Carr another year, or move on when we actually had a plan to UPGRADE the position.

It's like playing Madden and you have an 80 OVR QB, and then you cut him to get a veteran QB the same age that's only a 70 OVR. In what world does that make sense? 

Carr hasn't had great red zone efficiency, but at least we came away with FGs... Jimmy G is turning the ball over in the redzone at an alarming rate and we aren't scoring ANY points at all. Our defense is scoring a relatively high % of our points lol.

• Like 2