Jimmy G Apology Thread

NYRaider

54 minutes ago, RaisinBran said:

Getting rid of Carr was a bad decision because we significantly downgraded at the most important position on the field. We should have at least held on to Carr another year, or move on when we actually had a plan to UPGRADE the position.

It's like playing Madden and you have an 80 OVR QB, and then you cut him to get a veteran QB the same age that's only a 70 OVR. In what world does that make sense? 

Carr hasn't had great red zone efficiency, but at least we came away with FGs... Jimmy G is turning the ball over in the redzone at an alarming rate and we aren't scoring ANY points at all. Our defense is scoring a relatively high % of our points lol.

I can’t believe people are urning for Carr again?!! Just because Jimmy stinks doesn’t mean we should have held on to another mediocre QB. Carr has been mediocre at best with the Saints

Carr quit the team. He was playing horrible last season and needed to be benched. He was actually mediocre in 2021 too. Instead of putting on a headset on, he “left” to not be a distraction 

The mistake was letting the superior QB in Stidham go

Edited by bucksavage1

On 10/29/2023 at 1:44 PM, big_palooka said:

You're making things up. Levis hasn't even played a game for one. Bagent has only played in one game and we know he performed well. 

Jimmy G is ranked 20th in QBR, one spot below Carr if you use that metric. So he sucks about as bad as the last guy here. 

Jimmy is probably #30 QB in this league, he’s just f@cking sh@t mate. Metrics be damned, I’ve seen enough of that bum. I never want to see him besmirch the Silver and Black again. 

I know Carr wasn’t everyone’s cup of tea but he’d make at least one of those wide open TD throws against the Lions. 

He’s much worse than Carr and Carr was poor last year for sure, no argument there. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Just because Jimmy stinks doesn’t mean that cutting Carr was a bad decision. He wasn’t good either and hasn’t been too good this year either . The issue is bringing in Jimmy G who is washed up

Well, you’re kinda not wrong but I’d have liked to at least have some draft compensation for Carr. So even that was mismanaged horribly.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Jimmy is probably #30 QB in this league, he’s just f@cking sh@t mate. Metrics be damned, I’ve seen enough of that bum. I never want to see him besmirch the Silver and Black again. 

I know Carr wasn’t everyone’s cup of tea but he’d make at least one of those wide open TD throws against the Lions. 

He’s much worse than Carr and Carr was poor last year for sure, no argument there

Agreed on all this. 

Edited by Dessie

5 hours ago, Styrian Raider said:

I just don't think that the "Carr always struggles year one and improves year two" narrative will work in every HC or system. 

JMD and Carr were never in the same page and I doubt that this would have been changed this season.

Yea that's my point: what made Mcdaniels so valuable to us that we got rid of Carr(and everyone else he got rid of) for him only for him to run the the team to the ground? It's not ever simply about Carr to me it's about choosing McDaniels and all that came with it(like Garapolo Chandler jones etc)

17 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Agreed on all this. 

Bit of a knee jerk reaction from me there to be honest 😁😁

I just sat down this morning having booked a day off with a big stack of pancakes and maple syrup and my Raiders mug of coffee and watched that garbage again……..I actually felt a little bit sorry for Josh McDaniels, I mean first play of the game we had a beautiful playaction schemed up perfectly, with Tre Tucker streaking down the middle of the field open behind the safety and he flaming checks down. Wide open Hunter Renfrow in the redzone and he throws the interception to a double covered Adams. Misses Adams twice on that far sideline wide open with acres in front of him both times, one likely a TD ………it’s a very tough watch at this stage.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Bit of a knee jerk reaction from me there to be honest 😁😁

I just sat down this morning having booked a day off with a big stack of pancakes and maple syrup and my Raiders mug of coffee and watched that garbage again……..I actually felt a little bit sorry for Josh McDaniels, I mean first play of the game we had a beautiful playaction schemed up perfectly, with Tre Tucker streaking down the middle of the field open behind the safety and he flaming checks down. Wide open Hunter Renfrow in the redzone and he throws the interception to a double covered Adams. Misses Adams twice on that far sideline wide open with acres in front of him both times, one likely a TD ………it’s a very tough watch at this stage.

There’s no doubt Jimmy is holding back the offense but it was JMD/DZ decision to bring him in. They made the decision to move on from Carr and try to remain competitive, it’s backfired massively.

My concern is that his contract hinders us next year as well. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dessie said:

There’s no doubt Jimmy is holding back the offense but it was JMD/DZ decision to bring him in. They made the decision to move on from Carr and try to remain competitive, it’s backfired massively.

My concern is that his contract hinders us next year as well. 

They also made the decision to stick with Jimmy at QB. Don't know what to call it, blind? Bad loyalty? Misplaced faith? But it's odd for sure.  

One of the things that made BB special was he would sit anyone who made mistakes. He treated everyone equally. Seems like Mcdaniels has his favorites though and he says who plays based off his opinion of who may play better next week, not off of merits.

9 hours ago, FloydFan said:

Carr is ten times the QB of Jimmy and it’s time to stop pretending. Dude had his warts but never put up a game like this. 

I'd suggest you look at the Rams game or Saints game from a year ago. 

But yes, Jimmy has dropped off majorly. He was never this bad. Carr still sucks. Can we move on from both? 

Just now, NickButera said:

Stidham was the victim of 'being able to make some throws' in a well designed offense'

Exactly and everyone forgets the Raiders lost that game on a poor decision where he tossed a pick. Then did nothing the following week against KC. 

I'm not really into moral victories when it comes to QB play.