Jimmy G Apology Thread

NYRaider

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Exactly my point. Started based on being the #1 overall pick. Lost the starting job, didn't get a second contract with his team. 

Worth noting Peyton didn't elevate him either.

So you're saying Nix starts, is elevated by Peyton but not elevated enough to keep the job and busts? And when do we see that play out?

Throughout his rookie contract.  Probably won't have his 5th year option picked up.  He'll hit FA and start holding clip boards.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2024 at 3:32 PM, Tank4Drake said:

He wants 50% team ownership before he signs. Kidding… kind of…

Caleb screams bust to me. Not hard to tear up the pac 12. Guy is pretty short to be a premium passer. Attitude is absolutely terrible, he has the WR diva attitude which isn’t gonna work as a QB. 

I've said it time and again, and I'll keep saying it: The Notre Dame defense exposed him.

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

Throughout his rookie contract.  Probably won't have his 5th year option picked up.  He'll hit FA and start holding clip boards.

I actually like Nix, but for the fact he's with the Broncos I'll hope he's not franchise material. I think he will surprise people. He was the most pro ready QB in the class imo.  He's smart, athletic and has a good arm. 

14 minutes ago, RaidersForever said:

I've said it time and again, and I'll keep saying it: The Notre Dame defense exposed him.

Every premier QB prospect has a game or two where they're not at their best. His talent is undeniable. I think he's going to be great.

36 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I mean he was garbage. I was saying this before the season. 

Right, people who are shocked Jimmy G was a worthless bum clearly never understood what they were watching or what it takes to be a good NFL QB. 

Adams wanted Rodgers or Carr

Mark and Josh wanted Brady

A dysfunctional organization didn’t get either. They “settled” on Jimmy, who IMO they KNEW he sucked. They couldn’t go back to Carr after what happened, and we looked like a totally dysfunctional organization. 

Never “settle”, it will always end up in disappointment. We settled. We also settled this year on Minshew/AOC. 4-8 win season incoming. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

A dysfunctional organization didn’t get either. They “settled” on Jimmy, who IMO they KNEW he sucked. They couldn’t go back to Carr after what happened, and we looked like a totally dysfunctional organization. 

Never “settle”, it will always end up in disappointment. We settled. We also settled this year on Minshew/AOC. 4-8 win season incoming. 

I know rodgers got injured but that would have been amazing 

• Like 1

On 7/13/2024 at 8:14 PM, Tank4Drake said:

Pretty sure this is exactly what happened and when everything fell through, they actually asked Carr to stay.  Which is freaking CRAZY.  Like you benched him for the last two weeks of the season thinking you're about to get Brady.  Then he retires.  And now you're asking Carr to stay?  Mind blowing.  Still can't believe that happened.  But here we are.

Insider Says Raiders Circled Back to Derek Carr After Learning Tom Brady Wasn’t Coming to Las Vegas – Raiders Beat

Someday, we will find a great QB.  And I will shed tears of joy.

3 hours ago, Jerry said:

Pretty sure this is exactly what happened and when everything fell through, they actually asked Carr to stay.  Which is freaking CRAZY.  Like you benched him for the last two weeks of the season thinking you're about to get Brady.  Then he retires.  And now you're asking Carr to stay?  Mind blowing.  Still can't believe that happened.  But here we are.

Insider Says Raiders Circled Back to Derek Carr After Learning Tom Brady Wasn’t Coming to Las Vegas – Raiders Beat

Someday, we will find a great QB.  And I will shed tears of joy.

I hadn't seen that article, but hard time make sense of it. He was under contract. Just pay him, force him to play or force one of those teams that he was talking to trade for him. Teams do it all them time with disgruntled players. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I hadn't seen that article, but hard time make sense of it. He was under contract. Just pay him, force him to play or force one of those teams that he was talking to trade for him. Teams do it all them time with disgruntled players. 

Could you imagine if he did the bare minimum, sat out the first 8 weeks, and then McDaniels ended up being fired like he was in week 8?  Then AP comes in and makes him the starter again.  Would have been an even more wild season.  Man, I would have loved watching that all unfold.

• Like 1

On 7/15/2024 at 1:16 PM, Jerry said:

Could you imagine if he did the bare minimum, sat out the first 8 weeks, and then McDaniels ended up being fired like he was in week 8?  Then AP comes in and makes him the starter again.  Would have been an even more wild season.  Man, I would have loved watching that all unfold.

They might have fired JMD sooner to get Carr to come back.

• Like 1

On 7/15/2024 at 12:54 PM, big_palooka said:

I said this at the time. You don't bench him the last 2 games after maybe the worst game in his career. That tanked his trade value. I liked some of Ziegler's draft picks but that was a terrible decision.