KC suspends CB Marcus Peters for 1 game

Broncofan

On 12/6/2017 at 6:54 PM, Chiefs_5627 said:

You're proving this one 110% factual in your case.

I actually like Kelce as a person. He hit the Rich Homie Quan dance to perfection I can't dislike a guy after that.

Just imo he's had some clownish behavior in the past that should've resulted in more discipline, especially if we're scapegoating Peters behavior for the teams downfall. But Kelces the best player on the team so he's afforded more patience. 

15 hours ago, tonyto36 said:

NFL deems it a one game suspension worthy offense.

Patriots are morally obligated to ban him for the season.

When your star player intentionally tries to break another player's neck, yes, the Patriots should step in and dole out more punishment when their guy got off light. The patriots obviously don't care about their image though to the rest of the NFL World, and in two weeks they are playing Pittsburgh for the #1 seed so obviously that won't happen.

But it would be nice if we lived in a world like that.

On 12/6/2017 at 4:42 PM, DingoLadd said:

I get it but you're in a fight for the playoffs, you don't suspend your own guys in the fight for the playoffs.

Eh, it's very possible there are some discipline or buy-in issues going along with their recent slide.  I would guess Reid thought this was a message that needed to be sent and not doing so would be even more damaging to the team's playoff aspirations. 

12 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

When your star player intentionally tries to break another player's neck, yes, the Patriots should step in and dole out more punishment when their guy got off light. The patriots obviously don't care about their image though to the rest of the NFL World, and in two weeks they are playing Pittsburgh for the #1 seed so obviously that won't happen.

I am hesitant to humor this post because it leads off-topic, but w/e...

What Gronk did was wrong.  He was rightfully suspended for it and his appeal was rightfully denied.  To say he intentionally tried to break the player's neck, though, is insane.  He pbviously was not in the act of the play, but I believe he was trying to simply give the guy a hit.  Again, I can't state this enough, it was a cheap shot and he should be penalized, but it's absurd to act like this is the worst thing anyone has ever done.

Well the story has more legs....now it becomes more obvious why KC did what they did, not just a moral stance.  Still absolutely the correct call, but looks like Peters forced their hand...and the Sunday antics were easier to point to PR-wise.   No doubt getting into it with the coaches was the final straw though.

On 12/8/2017 at 7:23 PM, Kip Smithers said:

Wow the one coach with the balls to suspend one of their talented players. 

He may be one of the more talented Chiefs players, but its not like he has played like it this year.  

On 12/8/2017 at 2:49 AM, SilverNBlackFan said:

Ive been vocal about this, especially since Gronk was given the same suspension as Juju for a far more blatant and intentional cheap shot after the play....but intentionally tried to break his neck?    Really?      Gronk shouldve been suspended more games, but thats way over the top.     He clearly lost his temper and threw a cheap shot, but at most, you could argue he was trying to concuss the guy.    

This entire incident looks worse on the NFL than it does on Gronk.    Just continues to prove they dont care one bit about player safety or being consistent and fair with their punishments.   

• 2 weeks later...

This is an example of why I'm glad the Vikings didn't draft Marcus Peters.  He is a good player, but (since Star Wars just came out), it is very apparent "the Knucklehead is strong in him."  As Bud Grant used to say, the most important ability a player can have is availability.  Trae Waynes may not end up having the upside that Peters has, but I wouldn't trade him for Peters. 

Archived