Week 2 GDT: Raiders at Bills | Raiders MAFIA!

NYRaider

Who wins?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Raiders Mafia
    • Bills Mafia

2 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

What do you mean? I still think it's Carrs fault!

It's Carr's fault because he pushed for a NTC and JM/DZ gave it to him.  They decided to move on, turning an asset into a liability and had no backup plan in place for a QB and bum Jimmy G is what JM/DZ wanted.  They wanted a bum and bumish results is what they get.  
No more excuses, this is their guy and they have to own this embarrassing trouncing....

8 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

It's Carr's fault because he pushed for a NTC and JM/DZ gave it to him.  They decided to move on, turning an asset into a liability and had no backup plan in place for a QB and bum Jimmy G is what JM/DZ wanted.  They wanted a bum and bumish results is what they get.  
No more excuses, this is their guy and they have to own this embarrassing trouncing....

What I always say is that the patriots guys always come in they strip the roster down and then when they get fired only people that are left are patriots guys so whoever comes after them have to start over from scratch. The only way for a patriots guy to be successful outside of New England just have like five years to do it no matter what happens. That's the main reason why I didn't want them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Damn, I was bouncing between the game and redzone.  I had no idea that Jacobs had 9 carries for -2 yards.  The Jimmy G factor in full effect.  They fall behind, abandon the run game, Jimmy G can't move the ball and the box gets stacked.  It's really not rocket science...

I don't even think Jimmy Garoppolo was a bad quarterback he's just a game manager on a team that rarely going to be in position to manage games. The Niners knew that that's why they were trying to replace him any chance they got

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

After two games? 

They may well suck in the fullness of time, that may well happen but it’s ludicrous to say that after two flipping games 😄

Yes. 

Individually, a couple of players may round out. But the draft class- the decisions made by the coaching staff and GM to ignore needs in favor of nifty toys 2-3 years from relevance, sucks. 

2 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I don't even think Jimmy Garoppolo was a bad quarterback he's just a game manager on a team that rarely going to be in position to manage games. The Niners knew that that's why they were trying to replace him any chance they got

I think he's bad. Well, maybe in between game manager and bad,. I've watched the Niners for years (all my fam is niners fans) and IMO Jimmy was the sole reason they couldn't win every game by 30 points. That team was so stacked, and he visibly held them back more often then he helped them.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, NickButera said:

I think he's bad. Well, maybe in between game manager and bad,. I've watched the Niners for years (all my fam is niners fans) and IMO Jimmy was the sole reason they couldn't win every game by 30 points. That team was so stacked, and he visibly held them back more often then he helped them.  

Yeah we're on the same page. Clear downgrade from last year even though the offense is clearly a better fit.

Just now, NickButera said:

Yeah everyone knew the 9ers were good. 

Jimmy would go down and the backups would be Nick Mullens and CJ Beathard, things would go as bad as one could assume with those two field generals, and the narrative would be "If Jimmy played". 

Then Jimmy goes down and the 9ers have a remotely competent backup, it becomes blatantly obvious Jimmy was just passable. Holding off Lance hardly means anything now. And Brock Purdy is fun, but let's be honest, he's physically limited. The 9ers QB situation is a mirage propped up by the rest of the team being just that good. 

The only conclusion is that Jimmy is as you say- somewhere between bad and just a game manager. 

4 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Or something I mentioned last week that I was crucified by the homers for not being happy enough that we beat the Broncos for the seventh time in a row when I mentioned that Jimmy Garoppolo only had 200 yards passing in a game when we won 17-16, because of a missed extra point

Edited by Jeremy408

9 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Yeah, I don't disagree with that. My whole thing was that somehow the solution to being better was not to get better on defense but to replace the starting quarterback for the game manager from a better team, and that was supposed to fix all of our problems and make us more competitive. 

The interesting part about this season is that we get to put that theory to the test

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

What I always say is that the patriots guys always come in they strip the roster down and then when they get fired only people that are left are patriots guys so whoever comes after them have to start over from scratch. The only way for a patriots guy to be successful outside of New England just have like five years to do it no matter what happens. That's the main reason why I didn't want them.

I never wanted JM or DZ, in fact I wanted Mike McDaniel before he was on anyones radar to become a HC.  All I knew is that he was being talked about around the NFL circles to become a HC and he was from the 49ers tree.  

Once JM was hired I was optimistic that the HC/GM combo would be a good thing.  I also was optimistic that JM had learned from his prior mistakes and if he was ever going to cut it as a HC his time was now.  He was young and was an alleged bright mind yet I was worried that his success was because of BB and TB but had figured he had learned something and was humbled by his time in Denver.  That clearly was not the case.  He still has a giant ego and has a victim mentality by throwing his players under the bus and not taking accountability.  The excuses are running out and he has to take a long hard look in the mirror.  

I was reserving judgment until after 1 year and after year 1 I knew JM was not the answer.  This is a 4ish win team and JM should not be the HC going into next offseason...

• Like 1