Week 2 GDT: Raiders at Bills | Raiders MAFIA!

NYRaider

Who wins?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Raiders Mafia
    • Bills Mafia

13 hours ago, true2form said:

Win or lose we should learn a lot about ourselves. That is what I’m looking forward to. Did we pull the upset and make me more of a believer? Did we lose a close game and also make me more of a believer? Or do we get handled or hammered and everyone comes back to reality a bit?

This game won’t make or break the season for me, but it will definitely tell me where we are right now way more than the Broncos game. 

I think this is the most sober minded approach

8 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Why? It's a week 2 game against one the top projected teams in the league. Their home opener, with what most consider the 3rd best QB in football. 

This is just 1 game on a 17 game schedule. This all or nothing stuff makes no sense to me.

Unless you want the team to start selling off guys like Maxx, Adams, Jacobs.....then there is no tank happening here. Play the schedule. Talk tanking in November when that sort of thing matters. 

I want to see where we stack up against good teams. For me I'd like us to be a contender with a harmonious offense like SF runs or angling for an elite QB prospect. IMHO those are the only 2 ways to win a super bowl, if it ever happens again for us. If we are in 6-8 win purgatory, this team will continue to just tread water. I think the bills are a great measuring stick for where the team is at. I'm not saying any week is do or die, but this will tell me a ton about where the team is and where they're headed.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I honestly think Jimmy is going to get hurt this game. Look at what the Bills did to Aaron Rodgers. Zach Wilson was getting lit up too, and running for his life. Jimmy already banged up from the first game. Might be AOC time 

You're so disgustingly transparent - just go where you want to be:

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/forum/50-new-orleans-saints/

• Like 2

14 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I want to see where we stack up against good teams. For me I'd like us to be a contender with a harmonious offense like SF runs or angling for an elite QB prospect. IMHO those are the only 2 ways to win a super bowl, if it ever happens again for us. If we are in 6-8 win purgatory, this team will continue to just tread water. I think the bills are a great measuring stick for where the team is at. I'm not saying any week is do or die, but this will tell me a ton about where the team is and where they're headed.

I feel you. And then I remember this is the Raiders we are talking about. They could win this game, get us all excited and then lay eggs 2-3 weeks straight.

My point being, just when I think we think we know where this team is at they tend to show up somewhere else entirely. Always the most jekyll and hyde team the last 5 years.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I honestly think Jimmy is going to get hurt this game. Look at what the Bills did to Aaron Rodgers. Zach Wilson was getting lit up too, and running for his life. Jimmy already banged up from the first game. Might be AOC time 

You actively rooting against Jimbo

Game day! Let’s go! Expecting the worse hoping to be proven wrong.

Found it pretty interesting that they flew out to WV and stayed there during the week. Usually only see that when a team already payed a east coast game the week before and don’t want to travel back then travel back to the East coast. 

Gonna have to play a way better game and much cleaner game today. Also could see this being a big Josh Jacob game as well. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I feel you. And then I remember this is the Raiders we are talking about. They could win this game, get us all excited and then lay eggs 2-3 weeks straight.

My point being, just when I think we think we know where this team is at they tend to show up somewhere else entirely. Always the most jekyll and hyde team the last 5 years.  

I have a bad feeling we get destroyed today. We'll see though. Maybe we feature all the non-adams guys on offense and actually generate turnovers.

16 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

https://x.com/vegastiming/status/1703205061336154415?s=46&t=lTrzLIlQ9z7LzKYS4OvNmQ

didn't anyone learn from Ja'Marr Chase's comments last week not to say stuff like this lol

Isn't a real quote. It's a meme that trends on twitter each week:

https://twitter.com/search?q=To be honest%2C I can’t name a single player on that defense&src=typed_query

• Like 1