Week 2 GDT: Raiders at Bills | Raiders MAFIA!

NYRaider

Who wins?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Raiders Mafia
    • Bills Mafia

Nice to grab the win last week and any away win in the NFL is great but I just feel we’re not matched up well with the Bills. The Jets defence is elite or pretty close and they know each other well, although the team has talked the talk about getting turnovers and being more predatory on defence I’ll believe it when I see it tbh. 

I don’t think we’ll embarrass ourselves and I think we’re in the game till near the end but our D just can’t keep a lid on their O the way NY did. Our offence is not built to play in a shoot out either. I see it Bills 31 - 23.

Win or lose we should learn a lot about ourselves. That is what I’m looking forward to. Did we pull the upset and make me more of a believer? Did we lose a close game and also make me more of a believer? Or do we get handled or hammered and everyone comes back to reality a bit?

This game won’t make or break the season for me, but it will definitely tell me where we are right now way more than the Broncos game. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I mean we either are capable of beating a deep playoff team or we get embarrassed. Will be very telling about where this team is headed.

That’s a fairly binary opinion. Beating a team who many believe have a chance to win it or get hammered. No in between? And depending on which one of those 2 polar opposite outcomes, it will already have determined your entire outlook on the season….. week 2?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, true2form said:

Win or lose we should learn a lot about ourselves. That is what I’m looking forward to. Did we pull the upset and make me more of a believer? Did we lose a close game and also make me more of a believer? Or do we get handled or hammered and everyone comes back to reality a bit?

This game won’t make or break the season for me, but it will definitely tell me where we are right now way more than the Broncos game. 

Spot on

12 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I mean we either are capable of beating a deep playoff team or we get embarrassed. Will be very telling about where this team is headed.

Why? It's a week 2 game against one the top projected teams in the league. Their home opener, with what most consider the 3rd best QB in football. 

This is just 1 game on a 17 game schedule. This all or nothing stuff makes no sense to me.

Unless you want the team to start selling off guys like Maxx, Adams, Jacobs.....then there is no tank happening here. Play the schedule. Talk tanking in November when that sort of thing matters. 

8 hours ago, true2form said:

This is where I'm at as well.

On 9/14/2023 at 11:34 PM, Humble_Beast said:

if we beat Buffalo and Jimmy balls out, I'm jumping on the bandwagon. If lose, I'm team tank. This is the real test, Broncos suck. 

This post is purely set up so you can piss and moan if they lose in a game they are the underdogs. We see right through you. Try harder.....   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Why? It's a week 2 game against one the top projected teams in the league. Their home opener, with what most consider the 3rd best QB in football. 

This is just 1 game on a 17 game schedule. This all or nothing stuff makes no sense to me.

Unless you want the team to start selling off guys like Maxx, Adams, Jacobs.....then there is no tank happening here. Play the schedule. Talk tanking in November when that sort of thing matters. 

If Josh gets win number 3 on the year here, awesome. 

I said I want 9 wins. Sticking to 9 to consider him worthy of year 3. How those 9 wins come, I don't care enough to change my meteic there. 

That aside, I'd actually be more worried about starting off on a short streak (day, 4-0) against everyone else still trying to see where the new year has them as well only for everything to collapse the rest of the year. Not saying replicate Detroit to a T, but something similar where we might be 3-6  ro whatever and gain a bunch of steam down the home stretch. 

Deteoits first year under Campbell was rough. Then they picked up steam in year 2 (coincidentally finishing with 9 wins) and now look like a legit contender in the division, possibly the conference. 

Yes, having a few extra draft picks helped, them, but Josh is being considered by some here as a great HC to-be, better than Campbell. And more than on-field, it appears Detroit's regime "gets it". They inherited a bigger mess, had less heralded players, and still managed to keep a clear vision and not waste potential trade bait by ***** up on contracts like a bunch of amateurs- essentially the opposite of what McZ have done in the eyes of the skeptics. Thus, my expectation is they prove to be at least that competent at their job. 

That said, again, Detroit didn't really start putting it together until the back half of the 2022 season, and you could trace the improvement from week 1 of 2021 to that point. I'd presume a roughly similar path here, whereby we look better and really start seeing the results improve towards the end of the year. 

If we rack up 9 wins straight but finish on 9 game losing streak, I'll stand by my support for year 3, but I wouldn't be optimistic year 3 gets the job done (unless it was a catastrophic injury or something). This week may be a feel good win, it may be a competitive loss, I'm good with either for the most part. But week 2 of any year is hardly a turning point in my eyes when week 1 is essentially a glorified preseason game these days. 

• Like 2