Justin Fields

JibjeResearch

1 hour ago, G08 said:

Curious if he was talking to/about @beardown3231 🤣

Fields looked like the second coming of Dan Marino in his final bowl game and 3 years later he still can't throw for 200 yards in a professional game. Who cares about bowl games?

There are the same group of Fields' backers online too (you remember FIELDSISHIM right?). Do I like Williams more than Maye? Yes, but I'm not some gigantic Williams fanboy. The pick can be Daniels for all I care. I'm just tired of watching a guy suck at throwing 3 seasons in. If they stick with Fields, I hope I'm wrong

Edited by beardown3231
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

The only apples-to-apples comparison we can really make about that is Williams in college vs. Fields in college, because we haven’t seen Williams against pros yet.

Fields:

IMG-3901.jpg

Williams:

IMG-3902.jpg

I've seen every snap of Fields in the NFL. I've seen almost every snap of Williams for the last 2 years. There's a reason not one analyst questions Williams' accuracy, release, ability to read defenses, etc. As I said, Williams is a far better passer than Fields

Fields is the far superior athlete. He may even be a better leader? Williams is the better passer

Edited by beardown3231
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

The only apples-to-apples comparison we can really make about that is Williams in college vs. Fields in college, because we haven’t seen Williams against pros yet.

Fields:

IMG-3901.jpg

Williams:

IMG-3902.jpg

You really think its fair to directly compare their college stats when Fields had a top 3 offensive line in the country, a good defense, and a wide receiver room better than literally every team in the NFL?

Outside of having Addison last year, Caleb had his entire team strapped onto his back like a Jansport

30 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Yea, let’s just completely ignore that he had the best receiver in the draft last year

He didn't ignore it. He mentioned Addison. Olave and Wilson were much better prospects than Addison. Jameson Williams was there, as was JSN

Also, JSN > Addison as a prospect re: 2023's draft "best receiver"

Edited by beardown3231

20 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Yea, let’s just completely ignore that he had the best receiver in the draft last year

Fields had 4x top 15 pick WR in one receiver room in college.... with a top 3 offensive line. I wasn't kidding when I said it was literally a better WR room than any NFL team, and quite possibly any NFL team in history.

Frankly his college numbers are kind of a disappointment.  You put that much talent around caleb and he's putting up 70 points a game.

18 minutes ago, Epyon said:

Fields had 4x top 15 pick WR in one receiver room in college.... with a top 3 offensive line. I wasn't kidding when I said it was literally a better WR room than any NFL team, and quite possibly any NFL team in history.

Frankly his college numbers are kind of a disappointment.  You put that much talent around caleb and he's putting up 70 points a game.

He did?

In 2019 his top 3 WRs (receptions) were KJ Hill, Chris Olave and Binjimen Victor

In 2020 it was Chris Olave, Garrett Wilson and Jeremy Ruckert

You must be thinking of 2021 (CJ Stroud) who was throwing to JSN, Wilson and Olave

Edited by G08

40 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

He didn't ignore it. He mentioned Addison. Olave and Wilson were much better prospects than Addison. Jameson Williams was there, as was JSN

Also, JSN > Addison as a prospect re: 2023's draft "best receiver"

JSN has a total of 10 receptions for 49 yards and 1 TD from Justin Fields.

What are you talking about 😆

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, G08 said:

JSN has a total of 10 receptions for 49 yards and 1 TD from Justin Fields.

What are you talking about 😆

I said he was there. He literally had 4 first round picks on the roster at WR. Did Epyon or I say anything wrong?

Hell, take JSN and Williams out. Either Olave or Wilson would be the best WR Williams ever threw to

Do you think Williams, JSN, Olave and Wilson is worse than what Williams had? Or Maye? Or Daniels?

Name calling. Cute. You really would go to any extent to defend this guy, wouldn't you?

Edited by beardown3231

11 hours ago, G08 said:

There's a lot behind it:

• This is a young team still learning how to win
  • This offense does not know how to close out games, you can blame Getsy/Fields/offensive talent
  • The defense is still rounding into form, I feel they were too passive against Denver and Detroit and too aggressive against Cleveland. Once we find that happy medium, or add another pass rusher and not rely on blitzing as much, we should be in a good spot

People have to remember, we were the worst team in the NFL last season (record, points allowed, bottom 2 in run defense, etc). In one season we have become the best run defense in the league, second in interceptions, etc.

Any way you want to dice it, that is incredible. 

Exactly...  those are (you listed) the details of leadership😁