Josh Allen without Brian Daboll

notthatbluestuff

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

If we're looking at this through a different lens, Allen has a pre-determined first read, which appears to be Kincaid (the guy who Mosley is running towards). He hits his hitch, sees that Mosley is closing so he doesn't like the throw, but by that time the pocket is already collapsing so instead of moving to another read and risking a sack he tries to scramble since the middle of the field is wide open. He just doesn't make it.

I really don't think this play by Allen is that bad. We can all sit here and say "throw it to Diggs!" but if Diggs isn't his first read on this play that's completely irrelevant. He didn't have time to make a 2nd read progression so he took off, which is the right call. The only knock you can have here is that maybe he could have thrown to Kincaid's outside shoulder and completed the pass.

That’s fair

• Like 1

5 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Wright might be being a little liberal with the word "fumble" as I'm not sure if he's distinguishing between fumbles and fumbles lost. Regardless, putting the football on the turf is never good.

Exactly. That's why he's careful to state "picks/fumbles" instead of turnovers.

He has 7 fumbles lost since 2022. I'm not saying that's amazing, but the 10 extra account for 27% of his argument. 

Edited by Soggust

42 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The only knock you can have here is that maybe he could have thrown to Kincaid's outside shoulder and completed the pass.

I think in time that throw to Kincaid becomes automatic. Or hopefully does.

Use to hit the same thing to Beasley all the time. I agree Diggs wasn’t his too target - though I’d argue he always should be lol

One of his INTs was a punt. They were playing one of the best defenses in the NFL with arguably the best secondary in week 1. That being said, he looked terrible. Some of his decisions were baffling... But none of them were as baffling as Wilson's INT. Allen will play badly sometimes and will give the ball away. Is what it is.

He was bad last night bro. A lot of good QBs were this week…they’re not in jeopardy of losing their job or anything but it’s ok to point out when they’re bad, we don’t need the discussion of every bad performance to be prefaced with “he’s still a great player”. We know 

7 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

He was bad last night bro. A lot of good QBs were this week…they’re not in jeopardy of losing their job or anything but it’s ok to point out when they’re bad, we don’t need the discussion of every bad performance to be prefaced with “he’s still a great player”. We know 

I think that's the point though. He's kind of borderline. I think he's a great player, but the turnovers kind of point to the fact that he might not be.

• Like 1

Just now, SodeeWater_Cheezburger said:

It was Week One.  A lot of teams had some issues on offense that they need to clean up.  I'm going to hold off on making any proclamations about Josh Allen for a few weeks.  He may have just had a bad game, on the road, against a very good defense, in the first game of the season.  It happens. 

Actually, not all of those prior 19 games were Week One games.

• Like 2