Week 2 Games

Leader

On 9/13/2023 at 5:35 PM, packfanfb said:

The Patriots do that though. Belichick always comes with a good plan and beating NE in Foxboro is never easy. The Vikings OL is one of the worst units in the league and the Eagles probably have the best DL in football or top 3 at least. I think it gets ugly. 

Yup, Patriots aren't who they used to be, but occasionally the ghosts of their pasts arise there in Gillette to haunt opponents.

And yeah, I think both the Eagles and Vikes will drop from 14-3 and 13-4, but the decline from the Vikings will be a lot worse.

4 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

The whole Dak being an INT machine seems like such a weird narrative to me. Sure he had a bad year last year but it  brought him from top 5 all time in INT% to just barely in the top 10 all time. Even with INT% being clearly lower across the board in this era how do you justify ragging on a guy for something he's top ten all time in?

I don't think he's an int machine, but he can get impatient waiting for guys to get open, or sometimes gets overconfident in guys like Lamb and Gallup beating the DB if he throws them the ball underestimating the DB's prowess.

Having said that, the Jets can't rely on their passing game much and will have to be able to run the football and get some play action going.  If they can, Dallas could have a tougher time than they realize.  But if it becomes a game of attrition where the Jets are going 3 and out and putting their defense back on the field too much, then they have a problem as Lamb and Pollard will eventually take over the game.

And like I said, Mike McCarthy could end up getting in the way with his playcalling

Edited by LLcheesehead12