Chiefs WR Corps

Chiefer

Just now, kingseanjohn said:

Bears were tough to include because of Moore. But their depth is lacking. I just don't know enough about Mooney.

Ravens have names at WR but I haven't been a fan of any of them really. I liked Duvernay coming out as a developmental guy. As a whole, they have a lot of drops iirc. But Pat would also be a big upgrade from Lamar.

Dallas is not nearly what they were when they had Amari Cooper. Right now it's CeeDee Lamb and, uh, mmm, ahh... Lamb has only 1 TD and the only other WR with even 10 catches is Michael Gallup. 

For that matter, is there another WR group in the division you would take over ours? The Chargers have Allen and Williams but both are getting older and there is no depth. The Raiders have Adams and Myers, which is a fine start but then nothing. Denver has Jeudy and Sutton and a potential future in Mims. I would take them over the other two. 

The Chargers and Raiders both rely on a 31-year-old WR1 and a WR2 who is 27 or 29. Kelce may be 34 now, but everyone acknowledges that normal rules don't apply to him. Not counting MVS and Richie James, Watson is the old man at 27, then 24, 24, 23, 23. We have an extremely young core group so some growing pains are expected.

16 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Dallas is not nearly what they were when they had Amari Cooper. Right now it's CeeDee Lamb and, uh, mmm, ahh... Lamb has only 1 TD and the only other WR with even 10 catches is Michael Gallup. 

For that matter, is there another WR group in the division you would take over ours? The Chargers have Allen and Williams but both are getting older and there is no depth. The Raiders have Adams and Myers, which is a fine start but then nothing. Denver has Jeudy and Sutton and a potential future in Mims. I would take them over the other two. 

The Chargers and Raiders both rely on a 31-year-old WR1 and a WR2 who is 27 or 29. Kelce may be 34 now, but everyone acknowledges that normal rules don't apply to him. Not counting MVS and Richie James, Watson is the old man at 27, then 24, 24, 23, 23. We have an extremely young core group so some growing pains are expected.

Lamb has 27 catches plus Cooks with 9 and Tolbert has 7 on the Cowboys. Chiefs WR catches = 61 with 3 total TD. Cowboys WR catches = 63 with 2 total TD.  Not sure why that matters though since it's play calling and QB dependent.

Based on teams official depth charts...

Cowboys: Lamb>MVS, Gallup>Moore, Cooks>Toney, Brooks<Watson, Tolbert<Rice, Turpin?Ross... Cowboys win.

Chargers: Allen>MVS, WIlliams>Moore, Johnston?Toney, Palmer=Watson, Davis<Rice, Fehoko?Ross... Chargers win.

Broncos: Jeudy>MVS, Sutton>Moore, Mims=Toney, Johnson<Watson, Humphrey<Rice, xxxRoss... I'd call it tied, but Denver wins due to being better on the top end.

Raiders: Adams>MVS, Renfrow>Moore, Meyers>Toney, Wilkerson<Watson, Carder<Rice, Tucker?Ross... Raiders win.

3 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Lamb has 27 catches plus Cooks with 9 and Tolbert has 7 on the Cowboys. Chiefs WR catches = 61 with 3 total TD. Cowboys WR catches = 63 with 2 total TD.  Not sure why that matters though since it's play calling and QB dependent.

Based on teams official depth charts...

Cowboys: Lamb>MVS, Gallup>Moore, Cooks>Toney, Brooks<Watson, Tolbert<Rice, Turpin?Ross... Cowboys win.

Chargers: Allen>MVS, WIlliams>Moore, Johnston?Toney, Palmer=Watson, Davis<Rice, Fehoko?Ross... Chargers win.

Broncos: Jeudy>MVS, Sutton>Moore, Mims=Toney, Johnson<Watson, Humphrey<Rice, xxxRoss... I'd call it tied, but Denver wins due to being better on the top end.

Raiders: Adams>MVS, Renfrow>Moore, Meyers>Toney, Wilkerson<Watson, Carder<Rice, Tucker?Ross... Raiders win.

Meh. I don't think Gallup is better than Watson. Moore is better than Cooks. The Cowboys are better now, but the question is would you swap rosters? Probably not.

The Chiefs are much better than the Chargers. Not close. When Allen was reliable, say three years ago, it would have been different.

The Broncos make a better case. Jeudy is clearly the best of the lot. Watson is comparable to Sutton and Mims is comparable to Moore. The rest is all Chiefs.

The Raiders have Adams, Renfrow, and nothing. We win this one on depth. 

Let's check back on this when the playoffs start.

Not sure how to rank the Chiefs WR right now  ..

MVS has the most snaps, but few targets.
Watson makes the big ones.
Rice is up and coming.
Toney I don't know. Not a big fan. Way too many drops, health and other issues.
Moore looks like a bust. Sorry. Well, not a real bust, but backup level at most. He just seems lost out there way too often.

My current ranking would probably look like this:

Watson - Rice - MVS - Moore - Toney

with Rice taking over the lead in three to four weeks.

21 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Meh. I don't think Gallup is better than Watson. Moore is better than Cooks. The Cowboys are better now, but the question is would you swap rosters? Probably not.

The Chiefs are much better than the Chargers. Not close. When Allen was reliable, say three years ago, it would have been different.

The Broncos make a better case. Jeudy is clearly the best of the lot. Watson is comparable to Sutton and Mims is comparable to Moore. The rest is all Chiefs.

The Raiders have Adams, Renfrow, and nothing. We win this one on depth. 

Let's check back on this when the playoffs start.

Moore is absolutely not better than Cooks.  Even though Cooks really runs one route. I’d consider swapping rosters on Lamb alone, with a competent QB he would challenge fort best in the league.

Chargers have Allen, Williams, Johnston Palmer all of those guys are as good out better than everyone but Rice, though yes, we do have age on our side.

Broncos I pretty much agree with though I think Sutton is pretty far ahead of Watson.

In another post you said the Raiders had Adams, Meyers and nobody else…So that means they have at least 3.  And Tae is so so so good.

7 hours ago, EMAW_KSU said:

Come on man, is the best trio of WRs in the league by a huge margin.

Not this year.  

You have a point that the Bengals should be among the best but they haven't been playing like it. Chase is among the elite but Boyd is looking slow and Higgins isn't catching the ball.

Rashee Rice looks like the next favorite. He’s got a great feel against zone and has great YAC abilities. Looks like he’s shot out of a cannon after he catches the football

Toney continues to be the main gadget guy, but it’s not really clicking for whatever reason. Not fast enough for sweeps, and guys are keying in on him behind the LOS. He’s an amazing blocker, straight up decleats guys out there.

Skyy came through a little near the end, all-22 breakdowns show he’s getting open, but Mahomes really isn’t looking his way at all. He’s getting a lot of snaps with no production what up with that?

MVS just ain’t it. He never was so that’s not really his fault. But he’s another guy getting tons of snaps and is unable to get open. 

Watson is out for several weeks with that nasty elbow dislocation. He’s our biggest playmaker downfield hopefully he gets better soon.

Will Justyn Ross fill the void of Watson? Will MVS step up there? Chargers have a not good defense but they’re a rival so Im sure they’re gonna bring it just like the Enver

3 minutes ago, EMAW_KSU said:

Don’t have the Twitter, but apparently we traded a 2025 6th to the Jets for Hardmann and a 2025 7th according to Schefter.

Gives us a sped option again. At least he’s someone you have to worry about deep, maybe this will help with MVS too