Week 2 GDT: Jets @ Cowboys

WizardHawk

You know what I like a lot about this year's version of our beloved Dallas Cowboys?

Everything they do scheme wise, on offense, is so eerily similar to the Patriots circa 2000 to 2005. The efficiency to kill, with just enough star power to lean on them at times, but enough diversity across the board that they don't have to lean on anyone. The scheme and the ease of how it runs means everyone on the depth chart can play a role. 

Everything they do scheme wise, on defense, is so eerily similar to the Giants circa 2006 to 2011. Depth and rotation allows for a continual set of fresh guys rushing the passer, and all involved so it at least pretty well. The versatility from the safeties - all of them - allow the defense the ability to hide their coverage, which makes life hard for QBs when it's not so easy to make those presnap calls with confidence. 

Those are two very good units in recent memory that I see such similarities to. And both of those units I mentioned, have more than one ring 

Not saying this team will accomplish that. But when you draw comparisons to those units and can just keep every game close with good D and an efficient O, you stand a very, very good chance at doing something very memorable in december, January, and dare I say, February.