• 2024 Draft Prospects •

WizardHawk

17 hours ago, MaddHatter said:

With all the talk about the depth of this OT class, I'm only seeing 2-3 guys (maybe) that are LT prospects and as good or better than Tyler Smith, who we drafted in 2022 as a LT and slid inside.  So at what point (Which prospects) do we move on from Tyron for Tyler and draft an interior guy and which prospects are you taking to replace Tyron and keeping Tyler inside?

Tyron will probably be year to year. 

14 minutes ago, atran35 said:

Tyron will probably be year to year. 

I agree - I imagine a similar deal as what we did with Zack Martin and let him finish his career here, but if you have a great LT prospect fall to us in the first, are we really not taking him?  There's a dozen guys with 1st-2nd round grades that are RT's only but we just signed Steele to a 5yr deal so don't see any reason to take them.  JPJ is the only interior guy I'd want to spend a 1st on.

On 2/5/2024 at 1:52 PM, MaddHatter said:

With all the talk about the depth of this OT class, I'm only seeing 2-3 guys (maybe) that are LT prospects and as good or better than Tyler Smith, who we drafted in 2022 as a LT and slid inside.  So at what point (Which prospects) do we move on from Tyron for Tyler and draft an interior guy and which prospects are you taking to replace Tyron and keeping Tyler inside?

You’re probably right that Tyler Smith is as good an LT prospect most anyone. But he was an all-pro this year at guard. At this point, I think you want to let him develop into one of the leagues most dominant interior OL, rather than restart that clock by continuing to move him around.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Lot of ground to cover between now and the draft, but the more we see of JPJ, the more it feels like him being there at 24 is a pipe dream. 

Agreed - I see him going mid teens early 20's in most of the post-Sr Bowl mock drafts

On 2/7/2024 at 4:04 PM, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

You’re probably right that Tyler Smith is as good an LT prospect most anyone. But he was an all-pro this year at guard. At this point, I think you want to let him develop into one of the leagues most dominant interior OL, rather than restart that clock by continuing to move him around.

I think Dallas will take Tyron year to year till he retires and just draft or FA swing tackles as insurance. We do need a beast CENTER so we should look at those guys in the draft and/or FA. 

On 2/7/2024 at 12:59 PM, WizardHawk said:

Lot of ground to cover between now and the draft, but the more we see of JPJ, the more it feels like him being there at 24 is a pipe dream. 

Depending on what Miami does with Connor Williams, I think them and Pittsburgh are going to be the two biggest contenders to draft JPJ ahead of Dallas at #24. 

3 minutes ago, MaddHatter said:

Don’t forget Philly who just lost Kelce

Cam Jurgens was handpicked by Kelce to be his replacement (according to Eagle fans) - so I don't think they'd take a center if that's the case. 

3 hours ago, MaddHatter said:

Good to know! Wasn’t aware of that

Yeah, it's something I saw a few mention in the Kelce retirement thread - I wasn't aware of it either.