• 2024 Draft Prospects •

WizardHawk

5 hours ago, Northland said:

Thoughts on Tyler Guyton? He intrigues me. Looks to have prototypical size and athleticism for OT.  

He’s one of a number of very solid OT prospects in this draft. One can make a very reasonable argument that there are 8 OTs who are potentially worthy of first round grades, and Guyton is one of them.  This draft is incredibly deep at both OT and OG. It makes me happy.

Edited by plan9misfit

8 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

He’s one of a number of very solid OT prospects in this draft. One can make a very reasonable argument that there are 8 OTs who are potentially worthy of first round grades, and Guyton is one of them.  This draft is incredibly deep at both OT and OG. It makes me happy.

Even then, I’m sure Jerruh will find a way to screw it up 

13 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

It's a deep draft for OTs for sure.  I brought up Guyton because I think he could still be available when Dallas picks.  He's a little green but there's upside with him.  This is the year to find Tyron's replacement.

1 hour ago, Northland said:

It's a deep draft for OTs for sure.  I brought up Guyton because I think he could still be available when Dallas picks.  He's a little green but there's upside with him.  This is the year to find Tyron's replacement.

There should be a number of quality OTs available at 24. 

On 2/20/2024 at 4:45 PM, D82 said:

Interesting chart 

What also should show up on this is just how many more tackles in college are drafted compared to the other OL positions.  Almost 3-1.  And you almost never have a non tackle in college okay a tackle in NFL

4 hours ago, Northland said:

Hopefully some slide.  Nothing better than when need and best player available are met.

I feel like there have been a few times where need met BPA and we took someone completely random.  Can’t name the draft specifically but my gut seems to recall a couple times in the first where I was just like “wt actual f did we just do?!” 

4 hours ago, MaddHatter said:

I feel like there have been a few times where need met BPA and we took someone completely random.  Can’t name the draft specifically but my gut seems to recall a couple times in the first where I was just like “wt actual f did we just do?!” 

Oh, I can think of a number of clunker decisions. Two of the more painful ones were passing on Randy Moss in 1998 and passing on Steven Jackson in 2004. Those really stung.

11 hours ago, MaddHatter said:

Anything can happen and anyone, including McClay can have a head scratcher now and then.  Player rankings will change post combine but I think the opportunity is there to fill a need, like OT without reaching.  What they end up doing remains to be seen.

11 hours ago, MaddHatter said:

Only one of recent memory that stings real bad is passing on TJ Watt. Can’t think of anyone who thought Taco was the better or ever going to be the better player.  One of those picks where all the voices in the room bit Dallas in the arse.