The bad and the ugly Buffalo edition

Totty

2 hours ago, NickButera said:

It would not surprise me if Deion made his way into the staff of where one of his kids go. 

Great point. He’s followed Shaduer since High School to Jackson State to Colorado. No reason not to believe that won’t stop. Deion could break NFL coach record for a contract. He’s said he has no interest in the NFL but never say never

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Brady bought part of the Raiders he was never gonna play.

Even if Brady was a lock until he wasn't as BP claims, what does that say? No vision. No plan. No process. He would've played 1 year on a crap team at best. 

Was Josh also banking on coaxing Gronk and Edelman out of retirement too? Was that the vision, the plan, the process we're supposed to trust? Josh and Dave doing the Vegas Patriots reunion residency at the MGM? 

Sounds like that's the problem a lot of people worried about when he was hired, no?

46 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

He says this now but this can always change. He’s not gonna express interest in an NFL job after starting a new one in Boulder, CO

Sanders is not one to mince words. He's been questioned on the NFL several times:

I don’t have any desire or ambition to coach in the NFL,” Sanders told SI.com. “I have a problem with men getting their checks and not doing their jobs. I would be too tough as a coach in the NFL because I still have those old-school attributes.”

Although Sanders did serve as an assistant coach for the high school team his sons played on, he also said he’ll never be an assistant coach.

“I’m not an assistant coach. That is not me,” Sanders said. “I am a head coach.”

Regardless, he'd never come into the NFL as an assistant coach somewhere. Dudes celebrity is to high and he's mission. driven. 

56 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Sanders is not one to mince words. He's been questioned on the NFL several times:

Regardless, he'd never come into the NFL as an assistant coach somewhere. Dudes celebrity is to high and he's mission. driven. 

I agree with that. If he ever goes to the NFL, he would have to have full control as well as the option to pick his GM. However there’s precedent of college coaches not able to make the transition to NFL so he may never go.

32 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

I agree with that. If he ever goes to the NFL, he would have to have full control as well as the option to pick his GM. However there’s precedent of college coaches not able to make the transition to NFL so he may never go.

And I think he's self aware in knowing his brand of mentorship in coaching would not translate to grown men making a paycheck. He's great for college football. Question now becomes how long before one of the big programs hires him away from Colorado.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

Deion also said he wasn’t leaving Jackson State… it’s all about the money 

Yes I remember watching him announcing to Jackson State team that he was leaving.

He stated that you either elevate or get fired as a coach. He chose to elevate. Whether his next step is to a larger program like Texas AM or NFL remains to be seen. 

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I wasn’t talking about an assistant he’s HC material all the way.

He has the respect of players and coaches in the NFL.

Both college teams that he coached was extremely well organized and had a great system in place