Week-To-Week Random Tidbits

D82

Dak is having an incredibly efficient season thus far. He hasn’t had to do much with the D/ST and running game taking over. He’s having a season that resembles his rookie year. Remember there was no great Dak debate in 2016. Everyone(including me) loved him. 

2016 Dak: 23rd in attempts, 19th yards, 3rd ANY/A

2023 Dak: 23rd in attempts, 22nd yards, 7th ANY/A

He doesn’t need throw the ball like Pat Mahomes and Tom Brady. He’s not that guy. You want to win football games you’ll reduce his exposure. He’s a great bus driver. You want him to carry the team throwing 50 times a game then you’ll do a lot of picking in the mid first round. 

On 9/23/2023 at 10:35 AM, DaBoys said:

Dak is having an incredibly efficient season thus far. He hasn’t had to do much with the D/ST and running game taking over. He’s having a season that resembles his rookie year. Remember there was no great Dak debate in 2016. Everyone(including me) loved him. 

He doesn’t need throw the ball like Pat Mahomes and Tom Brady. He’s not that guy. You want to win football games you’ll reduce his exposure. He’s a great bus driver. You want him to carry the team throwing 50 times a game then you’ll do a lot of picking in the mid first round. 

Efficiency is good.  Doesn't have to be flashy just effective.  Let's see what happens today with a MASH unit for an OL.

Only thing I can think of is MM had seen the OLINE struggle with pass protection. Especially the LEFT SIDE. So he decided to run and throw for short yardages. There was one long developing play per Brian Broadous where CD was going for a double move and pass protection broke down leading to a sack. 

On 9/23/2023 at 7:35 AM, DaBoys said:

I agree that Dak's best position is to be in the bus driver role. However, this team is not as talented on the offensive side of the ball now as they were in 2016. Pollard doesn't strike the same fear in defenses as Zeke did in his prime. Frederick's been gone for years, Tyron is on his last legs and Martin is getting old in the tooth. 

So how does the Cowboys continue to get better offensive pieces around Dak, while paying him 50+ million dollars per year? Because that's what the Cowboys are going to have to give him to keep him.

2 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

I agree that Dak's best position is to be in the bus driver role. However, this team is not as talented on the offensive side of the ball now as they were in 2016. Pollard doesn't strike the same fear in defenses as Zeke did in his prime. Frederick's been gone for years, Tyron is on his last legs and Martin is getting old in the tooth. 

That’s what I was doubting in this thread. I like the change on offense I just don’t know that we have the Jimmys and Joes to pull it off. 

5 hours ago, DaBoys said:

That’s what I was doubting in this thread. I like the change on offense I just don’t know that we have the Jimmys and Joes to pull it off. 

We need a fully healthy OL to pull it off.  Gotta dominate TOP and grind.  And, we have to be able to stop the run.  That’s the only way it can really advance deep in the playoffs