The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

For those who saw more FSU than I did this year, how do you feel under a scenario where we traded back and picked up multiple picks and either tried to get Penix or Nix or simply drafted Travis from FSU?

I mean, without his injury hampering his draft stock, where would you place Travis amongst the QBs coming out?

Just now, Thaiphoon said:

For those who saw more FSU than I did this year, how do you feel under a scenario where we traded back and picked up multiple picks and either tried to get Penix or Nix or simply drafted Travis from FSU?

I mean, without his injury hampering his draft stock, where would you place Travis amongst the QBs coming out?

Travis would be one of the top QBs if he stayed healthy imo. He looked great this past season. His absence was the reason they were excluded from the college playoffs. I think taking him in the 2nd or 3rd and letting him heal is better than trading up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

Travis would be one of the top QBs if he stayed healthy imo. He looked great this past season. His absence was the reason they were excluded from the college playoffs. I think taking him in the 2nd or 3rd and letting him heal is better than trading up.

You mean trading up for Caleb?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slappy Mc said:

Travis was a mid-rounder before getting hurt. I can’t imagine his stock went up. I’d have to guess he goes in the 5th round or later. He’s undersized, doesn’t have great arm strength and he’s going to be 24. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

All of them will be 24-years old and Penix and Travis have major injuries in their history. Especially Penix. Nix, while I like him, just seems like he’s interchangeable with Sam. To me it doesn’t make much sense to take Bo because it’s kind of redundant. If we’re doing that I’d rather just role with Sam and a vet. 

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

All of them will be 24-years old and Penix and Travis have major injuries in their history. Especially Penix. Nix, while I like him, just seems like he’s interchangeable with Sam. To me it doesn’t make much sense to take Bo because it’s kind of redundant. If we’re doing that I’d rather just role with Sam and a vet. 

That is my preference to roll with Sammy and build the rest of the roster.Love to get Adunze and a good recieving TE.Wonder if the Falcons would trade Pitts.Haha.Must rebuild the Oline fast lol.

8 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Travis was a mid-rounder before getting hurt. I can’t imagine his stock went up. I’d have to guess he goes in the 5th round or later. He’s undersized, doesn’t have great arm strength and he’s going to be 24. 

Agreed. Never saw the appeal. Nice results in the win column, good college QB, but you’re talking about a guy throwing to three dudes that will get drafted by round 4 (Keon Coleman, Johnny Wilson, Jaheim Bell) and handing to another dude who will get drafted that early. 

The preoccupation this draft cycle with these old college QBs who basically just played distributor for a ton of awesome skill position talent is a bit much. If you’re asking whether I would prefer Bo Nix at 36 or Jordan Travis at like 150? I’d say Travis. But I don’t really want either of them.

If we’re passing on the top QBs, just punt on the whole damn position. Take some late-round flyer to develop if you want, but investing valuable picks in QBs nobody else really wanted is hardly ever profitable.

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 1

Incidentally, if we they do decide to pass on the top QBs — which I don’t think they will — they have to trade down. Non-negotiable. 

There is no scenario in which the WR or OT they’d take at #2 is worth passing on the huge trade package they could get for that pick. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Incidentally, if we they do decide to pass on the top QBs — which I don’t think they will — they have to trade down. Non-negotiable. 

There is no scenario in which the WR or OT they’d take at #2 is worth passing on the huge trade package they could get for that pick. 

I completely agree. I'd personally love to trade down to 4 and let AZ take MHJ. Maybe we'll pick up a 4th plus a 2nd next year or something. Then we can take Daniels or Maye. Whoever NE doesn't take. And this is all assuming the Bears trade Fields and draft Williams.

21 minutes ago, BigTimeRedskins said:

I completely agree. I'd personally love to trade down to 4 and let AZ take MHJ. Maybe we'll pick up a 4th plus a 2nd next year or something. Then we can take Daniels or Maye. Whoever NE doesn't take. And this is all assuming the Bears trade Fields and draft Williams.

If I'm moving off of 2 it’s because I don’t want the QBs available. So I'm seeking to the highest bidder. There’s no way I move off the pick for a 4th this year and 2nd next year. I’m getting multiple first round picks in exchange. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, BigTimeRedskins said:

I’d hope we’d get more than that for that move. 

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I’d hope we’d get more than that for that move. 

We probably would. I have no idea what's considered "fair" to move from 4 to 2. I remember the 2012 Draft where we moved from 6 to 2 and it took 2 additional firsts so I imagine it'd take the 2025 first rounder. Maybe 2 for 4, a 3rd (66 or whatever AZ's is?) and a 2025 first?

4 minutes ago, BigTimeRedskins said:

We probably would. I have no idea what's considered "fair" to move from 4 to 2. I remember the 2012 Draft where we moved from 6 to 2 and it took 2 additional firsts so I imagine it'd take the 2025 first rounder. Maybe 2 for 4, a 3rd (66 or whatever AZ's is?) and a 2025 first?

That is probably the premium it would take being that it is a QB trade kind move. They have an extra first already. Take both their firsts and their 4th imo. So 2 for 4, 27, 105