The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

18 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Please don’t tell me you’re suggesting we trade down and take a center? 

I’m not I just want him I have accepted we aren’t getting him I just love him. Like every other star that goes elsewhere why we pick lesser players for need atleast in the past

• Like 1

11 hours ago, e16bball said:

For me, my take is that if they pass on the QBs, they better be right. If they move down, and Maye or Daniels in particular turns into something like what CJ Stroud has been — it’s a fireable offense, in my opinion.

Spot on. And if not fireable, you're cooking in boiling water. 

20 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Please don’t tell me you’re suggesting we trade down and take a center? 

Wellllllll........ to play devil's advocate, your trade down dream at the time was to get a TE, which hasn't seen the highest of ROI for high picks. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, lavar703 said:

No. We spent 20 years with awesome OT play. It meant nothing because we still sucked. We have sucked for 30+ years because we have never found a QB. 

Exactly. What did the era of Samuels, Trent, and Leno get us overall? A revolving door of QBs behind them. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Dude Peyton Wilson is an absolute stud on tape!!! Like absolute stud!!! Medical concerns but my lord could we get a guy like that who stays healthy? He instantly upgrades a level on the defense.

I'll be intrigued to see where LBs go after the combine - Wilson, Cooper, etc. 

My thing with all these quick rebuilds these two year rebuilds how many of those two year turn around sustained the flash success more then abonther season or two? Because the Eagles are on year 5 of Hurts. The 49ers are on like year 8 and have been sustaining since year 4/5. Chiefs had Reid competeing for 5 years before Mahomes and are still getting it. None of those teams drafted a QB year one. I like that I believe they will do the best thing for this organization regardless  of initial grade and acceptance. Absolutely everyone crushed the Lions for their draft last year. Everyone hated and I loved every single one of those top 4 guys and they all made major impact. If you’re chasing someone else’s model you will always be doing just that. Chasing. You have to set your own vision and stick too it!! Personally the QB I love would be a pitchfork and fire reaction at 2 and if we traded back and collected picks to build and picked a pair of stud OL, a WR and LB and Edge all writhn the top 40 your talking about really changing the dynamic of this roster Quickly. Maybe not seeing wins until later in the season but you’ll notice a toughness and the difference in score and that is a result that can sustain along with FA and progression of players in the system over the year

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Exactly. What did the era of Samuels, Trent, and Leno get us overall? A revolving door of QBs behind them. 

Was that the OL fault or was that the revolving door of FO and Snyder fault. The Shanny’s had a plan!!! And as soon as they were ready the Allen Snyder meddling completely derailed it. We could never build because the vision was always meddled with by Snyder. So it’s not to say we didn’t have the right idea to build and sustain it wasn’t ever achievable due to Snyder being a weasel. 

11 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I'll be intrigued to see where LBs go after the combine - Wilson, Cooper, etc. 

I am as well. People say whatever about devalued LB’s but again I say to that look at every great defense ever they all have dominant LB play. Media narrative is nuts. Maybe the position is only devalued because the truth is there are only so many special guys at that position and without one yeah your picking a dime a dozen most the time. It doesn’t lessen the impact of a great player in that spot.

Chad Forbes

“Drake Maye isn’t just the QB1 on Adam Peters’ Board. He’s the QB1 on Kliff Kingsbury’s Board”

Mark Bullock

While it’s entirely possible that the team rates Maye highly, that account is proven to be full of ****. Wouldn’t recommend anyone takes them seriously

Edited by ARTMONK HOF
  • Like 3

Watched some Ben Sinnott highlights and I like what I see. High energy and plays with a lot of swagger. This TE class kind of sucks so his stock might skyrocket and he could sneak into Round 2. I like him better than Ja'Tavion Sanders. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Chad Forbes

“Drake Maye isn’t just the QB1 on Adam Peters’ Board. He’s the QB1 on Kliff Kingsbury’s Board”

I mean there had to be a reason that both Kliff and Peters' came here

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Wellllllll........ to play devil's advocate, your trade down dream at the time was to get a TE, which hasn't seen the highest of ROI for high picks. 

What trade down dream? I never thought you could trade down and get Bowers. My thought when we were picking between 5-10 was he'll either most likely not be there or that you'll have to take him at the pick you have. I'm not the worlds biggest fan of trading down. Never have been. I think you lose out on talent most of the time doing it. 

And honestly, if MHJ wasn't in this draft and Sam had played well I'd be advocating for Bowers at 2. It's stupid and the value of a TE doesn't justify it but I think he's the best overall player in this class. I think he's that good. And the only reason I would take MHJ over him is because the value at receiver is just higher than TE. 

Edited by lavar703
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, taylor made said:

Watched some Ben Sinnott highlights and I like what I see. High energy and plays with a lot of swagger. This TE class kind of sucks so his stock might skyrocket and he could sneak into Round 2. I like him better than Ja'Tavion Sanders. 

He killed yesterday. I think he’s right behind BB. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

What trade down dream? I never thought you could trade down and get Bowers. My thought when we were picking between 5-10 was he'll either most likely not be there or that you'll have to take him at the pick you have. I'm not the worlds biggest fan of trading down. Never have been. I think you lose out on talent most of the time doing it. 

And honestly, if MHJ wasn't in this draft and Sam had played well I'd be advocating for Bowers at 2. It's stupid and the value of a TE doesn't justify it but I think he's the best overall player in this class. I think he's that good. And the only reason I would take MHJ over him is because the value at receiver is just higher than TE. 

I actually think Bowers is incredibly overrated.