The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

12 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

It’s off the field for me and it’s the plays and windows that translate for me. And his wheels are sneaky and he’s young and I just see a ton there. It’s what everyone sees with Maye but isn’t seeing because of such little volume. But throw for throw I think he’s got it for what works in the NFL is really all it is for me. The handling the noise and doing his job that’s what it takes in the NFL. We always talk about we never get to scout behind the helmet as fans but that team wasn’t doing jack in the playoffs before. Like to say he’s the product okay that’s fair but this team isn’t better than Burrows. This team wasn’t better then any of Tua’s, Young’s, Hurts, Bama Squads and they all got drafted super high and they had bigger questions about their play style then McCarthy because JJ shows NFL throw capability and he ain’t have any of those guys catching passes for him not even close

I'm not saying that the guy can't be successful, but I just feel that his talent level and what I have seen I wouldn't even consider touching him in round one.

Just my opinion.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, viking said:

11,23 & 2025 1st rounder for pick #2

You guys taking it?

At this point you could offer us 6 first round picks and we probably aren't taking it.

We have backed ourselves into a corner. We have one option, that is to take a either Maye or Daniels (or Williams if he falls).

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I'm not saying that the guy can't be successful, but I just feel that his talent level and what I have seen I wouldn't even consider touching him in round one.

Just my opinion.

No you’re good lol. Trust me I know it’s not a hot take. I’ll be excited reguardless of who we pick I see all the good in each player. It’s the coaches job to put them in a place to succeed and their job to progress their game so we shall see. Good or bad each player has things and I see JJ’s flaws as well. I’m just greatful they played this FA like an actual professional organization and I haven’t seen that really in my fan life so I am just gonna accept that and let that into my soul!!! I guess when your a fan of this team after all this time I can celebrate the smallest victory 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

At this point you could offer us 6 first round picks and we probably aren't taking it.

We have backed ourselves into a corner. We have one option, that is to take an either Maye or Daniels (or Williams if he falls).

💯 would if they added some kind of change a 3 this year I haven’t seen the trade chart but to go back that far I want alittle more if they are willing to offer that you’d get that extra pick

3 hours ago, viking said:

You guys taking it?

Tempting if we hadn't already traded Sam.

3 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

We have backed ourselves into a corner. We have one option, that is to take a either Maye or Daniels (or Williams if he falls).

This ^^^. I seriously doubt they would take this deal and will go with one of Daniels or Maye at #2. 

The only fly in the ointment to our thinking is if they REALLY like a guy like Penix or someone else. They could drop and pick them up and still get the OT at 23 while still having both seconds and all three thirds.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, viking said:

You guys taking it?

No because I don't believe we will be in this position again with this group running things. They will take either Daniels or Maye and be done with it. If they were going to trade down and take McCarthy, Penix or Nix they would've just kept Sam who's of that same ilk. It just makes no sense and those picks just aren't that intriguing.

• Like 2

Zach Gelb

Daniel Jeremiah says Drake Maye is absolutely still in play for the Commanders. 

@MoveTheSticks also believes the Patriots are definitely taking a QB at 3 and thinks Washington is more likely to listen to the Vikings in a draft trade than the Pats. 

@CBSSportsRadio

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

No you’re good lol. Trust me I know it’s not a hot take. I’ll be excited reguardless of who we pick I see all the good in each player. It’s the coaches job to put them in a place to succeed and their job to progress their game so we shall see. Good or bad each player has things and I see JJ’s flaws as well. I’m just greatful they played this FA like an actual professional organization and I haven’t seen that really in my fan life so I am just gonna accept that and let that into my soul!!! I guess when your a fan of this team after all this time I can celebrate the smallest victory 🤣🤣🤣

2 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Zach Gelb

Daniel Jeremiah says Drake Maye is absolutely still in play for the Commanders. 

@MoveTheSticks also believes the Patriots are definitely taking a QB at 3 and thinks Washington is more likely to listen to the Vikings in a draft trade than the Pats. 

@CBSSportsRadio

Keim pretty much thinks there’s no chance they move off of 2. I don’t see how you can trade Howell and then try to sell this fanbase on Penix or Nix in a trade back who are essentially of that same talent level? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Keim pretty much thinks there’s no chance they move off of 2. I don’t see how you can trade Howell and then try to sell this fanbase on Penix or Nix in a trade back who are essentially of that same talent level? 

#2 for Herbert. Then Harbaugh can take JJ and MHJ 😉

6 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I was talking to coworker the other day about Sam Howell (hes a Hawks fan) and then he asked me what I thought we were going to do. I told him that the only thing that makes sense is them taking a QB at #2 overall. Its not that they couldn't do something else, but in terms of controlling your own destiny or having a definitive plan, you cannot trade down and hope a QB is available later on. They have their choice of 3 QBs, if CHI trades their pick or selects a QB at 1, they have a choice of 2 QBs at no additional cost. They will, IMO, take the sure bet to get the guy they believe in at 2 rather than trading down and hoping a guy is available later on.

Edited by Slappy Mc
  • Like 2

Just now, lavar703 said:

I would do that trade in a heartbeat. San Diego however would laugh at us lol

San Diego hasn't been laughing for a while. They could probably use a good laugh. 🤣