The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

2 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Maybe we’re moving on up for him and that’s the reason for the inactivity at OT in FA to date. He’s a massive human and he would be amazing beside Cosmi. I’m still super excited for our OC he’s really solid on tape and I was high on him coming out. Honestly I’m just excited too see the youth the decide are the building blocks for the direction of this team moving forward.

How sweet would it be to walk away with a QB and Fuaga in the first 2 picks. 
I think it’s still a possibility to use J.Allen as part of a trade to move up in the draft without sacrificing picks. 
I love the draft and even more pumped about this year for this team’s future. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I don't even want to think about how much we would have to give up to go from 36 to 13ish to do it for a RT. 

Why do we always devalue OL on this forum? Schreff was a OG. He’s been our only all pro outside of a great special teams players story. Leonard Williams has been a hired gun DL but yet we still devalued the guy who played amazing here. Trent is the only one that we liked and yet it was still underappreciated because he was always the best OT in the league as he’s finally getting his due. We gave up I think in the 60’s but whatever the real number we gave up a ton of sacks. The new best OL in the league plays RT in Detroit. Lane Johnson plays RT. Idc if our best OL is a Center Guard or tackle and which side. I’d highly doubt we move back in that high. That said we need atleast 1 more really quality OL to pair with our new OC and Cosmi. We need 3 real quality starters. That’s what a quality OL requires. If it’s Fuaga great. If it’s someone else great. But get a quality pro bowl or plus caliber player. Especially if your investing your number 2 pick on a QB who is going to need to be protected because as we all know rookies hold onto the ball and miss things and tends to end with a really hard lesson dished out by the likes of a 260 pound plus DL or edge. 

the long and short is if that’s their guy then get him. Idc if he’s left or right. Yes I’d love us to get a LT but I want the best player and if he’s a player better suited for RT then take him and continue to spend picks throughout the draft in the trenches for depth youth and development. We did resign Lucas who has played well at both spots. If it’s a year of Lucas then okay. Especially if our right side is made up of Tyler B, Cosmi and Fuaga. We have the assets in this class to come away with real Quality and quanity.

Edited by ripsean21

44 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I don't even want to think about how much we would have to give up to go from 36 to 13ish to do it for a RT. 

On PFN I had to give up 36 & 40 plus 67 and next years third to get 13. That's too rich for me honestly. 4 players for one, especially one that isn't a QB and most likely a RT. Yeah, no thank you. I'd give up 36 and 40 to move up for Bowers though.

• Like 3

Just did a mock on nfl draft buzz (which I think is the most realistic site)

1) Drake May QB UNC

2) Jordan Morgan OT Arizona

2) Xavier Leggette WR South Carolina

2) Jatavion Sanders TE TX

3) Kris Abram’s-Draine CB Missouri

3) Jeremiah Trotter Jr. LB Clemson

5) James Williams S Miami

5) Javion Cohen OG Miami

7) Jase McClellan RB Alabama

i would take this draft ALL DAY assuming we stick with these picks

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

On PFN I had to give up 36 & 40 plus 67 and next years third to get 13. That's too rich for me honestly. 4 players for one, especially one that isn't a QB and most likely a RT. Yeah, no thank you. I'd give up 36 and 40 to move up for Bowers though.

Yeah that’s too many premium assets for one player. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

Why do we always devalue OL on this forum?

I don't. Far from it. I'm a huge Fuaga fan (why I keep saying he goes Top 13)

@lavar703's explanation for what it would take to get Fuaga explains it. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Why do we always devalue OL on this forum? Schreff was a OG. He’s been our only all pro outside of a great special teams players story.

Because as soon as he became expensive he wasn't worth extending. Trading up and using a top end pick on someone that isn't worth extending when their rookie deal is up even if they become an all pro is a waste of a high draft pick. 

30 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Because as soon as he became expensive he wasn't worth extending. Trading up and using a top end pick on someone that isn't worth extending when their rookie deal is up even if they become an all pro is a waste of a high draft pick. 

So who in that class really has been worth extending that got drafted anywhere around him? Gurley had a bad knee and Cooper has been good. But the whole class in the top 10 either busted or has moved multiple times. And we did a heck of a job replacing him to date. Cosmi is good and I like him he’s really good as well. But to say we picked the wrong player I just don’t see it because nobody else has been so much better

Just now, ripsean21 said:

So who in that class really has been worth extending that got drafted anywhere around him? Gurley had a bad knee and Cooper has been good. But the whole class in the top 10 either busted or has moved multiple times. And we did a heck of a job replacing him to date. Cosmi is good and I like him he’s really good as well. But to say we picked the wrong player I just don’t see it because nobody else has been so much better

Looking back at a draft with hindsight is a completely different discussion than positional value drafting for the future. 

23 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Looking back at a draft with hindsight is a completely different discussion than positional value drafting for the future. 

Well we have that now and it was discussed then I’ve seen it brought up every year since. It was the right pick for a team with a long term vision that Snyder and Allen like always screwed up

16 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Why do we always devalue OL on this forum? Schreff was a OG. He’s been our only all pro outside of a great special teams players story. Leonard Williams has been a hired gun DL but yet we still devalued the guy who played amazing here. Trent is the only one that we liked and yet it was still underappreciated because he was always the best OT in the league as he’s finally getting his due. We gave up I think in the 60’s but whatever the real number we gave up a ton of sacks. The new best OL in the league plays RT in Detroit. Lane Johnson plays RT. Idc if our best OL is a Center Guard or tackle and which side. I’d highly doubt we move back in that high. That said we need atleast 1 more really quality OL to pair with our new OC and Cosmi. We need 3 real quality starters. That’s what a quality OL requires. If it’s Fuaga great. If it’s someone else great. But get a quality pro bowl or plus caliber player. Especially if your investing your number 2 pick on a QB who is going to need to be protected because as we all know rookies hold onto the ball and miss things and tends to end with a really hard lesson dished out by the likes of a 260 pound plus DL or edge. 

the long and short is if that’s their guy then get him. Idc if he’s left or right. Yes I’d love us to get a LT but I want the best player and if he’s a player better suited for RT then take him and continue to spend picks throughout the draft in the trenches for depth youth and development. We did resign Lucas who has played well at both spots. If it’s a year of Lucas then okay. Especially if our right side is made up of Tyler B, Cosmi and Fuaga. We have the assets in this class to come away with real Quality and quanity.

We’re spoiled from having Chris Samuels/Jon Jansen and Trent Williams/Morgan Moses.  But to get talent like that, you have to invest in it.  Both pairings were 1st and 2nd round picks respectively if I recall Moses correctly.  

36 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

We’re spoiled from having Chris Samuels/Jon Jansen and Trent Williams/Morgan Moses.  But to get talent like that, you have to invest in it.  Both pairings were 1st and 2nd round picks respectively if I recall Moses correctly.  

Moses was a steal in the 3rd I think but you could be right either those are the rounds to find guys like those which is why Jones for Cleveland was the no thought pick being there round 3 last year

46 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Wait... you can draft lineman in the 1st round? I thought those picks were reserved for QBs.