The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

14 hours ago, e16bball said:

Yeah, we definitely need at least one guard — but FA looks better for that, and you can definitely find those later in the draft. Really need to try to hit OT with one of those top 3 picks if there’s any kind of value there, I think.

I know everybody is loving the Bowers idea (which I get, and would be excited about), but if we just miss out on Alt and Fashanu, I kinda like the idea of moving down a bit and taking Amarius Mims or Taliese Fuaga around 12-15. Then we could try to snag one of Zak Zinter or Troy Fautanu with one of the seconds. That would be a huge influx of talent and physicality on the OL — I watched some Fuaga and Zinter today, and they’re both really impressive. 

Loving that E!👍👍👍 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

https://www.tankathon.com/nfl

#8, #37, #40, #72, #100, #108, #144, #185, #227

Not bad for a restock of talent.

I think with the new ownership of the Commanders, this team will become formidable in the future. Only question is do they let Rivera finish the season to improve/keep their draft position or fire him immediately?

An Interim HC replacing RR would probably reinvigorate the the team, leading to more wins (and worsening their draft position).

Edited by Tony7188
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

Yep. According to tankathon we’re sitting at 7 and we’re definitely losing Thursday lol

ya we have two against Dallas, one against the Dolphins, the 49ers, all of those are guaranteed losses. The Jets and Rams games will be a toss up depending on how Howell plays those games. 

• Like 3

Is it conceivable we pick in the top 5? Our SOS is lower than every team ahead of us except the Bears and we have some tough teams coming up. Dallas twice, Miami and San Fran. The only games left that seem winnable are the Rams and Jets and both are on the road. We could very easily lose out. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Is it conceivable we pick in the top 5? Our SOS is lower than every team ahead of us except the Bears and we have some tough teams coming up. Dallas twice, Miami and San Fran. The only games left that seem winnable are the Rams and Jets and both are on the road. We could very easily lose out. 

Last year two teams had 3 wins and two had 4. If we don't win another game we'd only have 4 wins. The only teams ahead of us are Carolina (1-9), Arizona (2-9), New England (2-8), Chicago (3-8), NYG (3-8), Tennessee (3-8). Carolina has no reason to keep losing but they have too much of a head start plus they are just terrible. I think New England is actively tanking at this point. I think all of the others will be actively trying to win games, just depends on if they can pull of those wins or not. 

• Like 2

As we always knew it would, pulling out the win against the Pats cost us significantly — would currently be sitting #5, ahead of NE and NYG, if we’d lost that game. That’s a big difference, as the top 6 of Williams, Maye, Harrison, Fashanu, Alt, Bowers could conceivably all be gone by pick 7.

Two recently posted games worth watching:

Mims (UGA RT #77) and Fuaga (OSU RT #75) remain guys to keep a very close eye on. For me, they’re really right there behind Alt/Fashanu. Mims is a bit of a badass, and Fuaga is just rock solid. Both really powerful, smooth movers. Played against some good players in these games — Bralen Trice (UW DE #8) in particular is a grown *** man on the edge. Both of those teams have good OLs overall to look over, and Damien Martinez (OSU RB #6) is a bonus pick as a kid who looks electric as a true sophomore and could be on our radar down the road.

• Like 1

You guys crack me up. Actually thinking & hoping we lose our.

You can hope all you want, but that isn't happening.

Rivera will do just enough, to screw us there as well.

Would not be surprised at all, if we upset Dallas on Turkey Day. That's just what this team does.

Gives us a little bit of hope, then sucks reality right back.

I'm thinking or projecting we will probably finish anywhere from 6-11 to 8-9. We will probably be picking anywhere from 10-15 if I'm guessing.

I actually would be shocked if we finish 4-13 or 5-12 for the year.

2 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

You guys crack me up. Actually thinking & hoping we lose our.

You can hope all you want, but that isn't happening.

Rivera will do just enough, to screw us there as well.

Would not be surprised at all, if we upset Dallas on Turkey Day. That's just what this team does.

Gives us a little bit of hope, then sucks reality right back.

I'm thinking or projecting we will probably finish anywhere from 6-11 to 8-9. We will probably be picking anywhere from 10-15 if I'm guessing.

I actually would be shocked if we finish 4-13 or 5-12 for the year.

This team is dead. The players have given up. They might win another game but that’s about it. 

• Like 1