The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

14 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Pretty soon the streaming networks are going to be getting rights to random games too.  Sadly, this is the way it’s going.  In MLB, AppleTV got a few games of the Orioles, and I don’t even think I could watch them on our own TV network, and I still have cable specifically for MASN and college football. 

MASN for the Nats is the only reason I'm paying $230 a month for cable lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Ok. 95% of my posts are from X. I always preface the tweet on who actually wrote it. Thanks Mike. 

But worst case just copy the link and include it with your old way. That way anyone can at least click on the link to go for further follow up. So your 

"Adam Schefter

The Dallas Cowboys are a bunch of punks."

post plus the link. Just adding the two together. 

Or like I said, if you're on a computer, try my way too. On the tweet, click the little three dots on the top right of the tweet to pull up that menu. Go to embed post. Twitter publish opens. Copy the link at the top under "What would you like to embed?". That link works for me. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

But worst case just copy the link and include it with your old way. That way anyone can at least click on the link to go for further follow up. So your 

"Adam Schefter

The Dallas Cowboys are a bunch of punks."

post plus the link. Just adding the two together. 

Or like I said, if you're on a computer, try my way too. On the tweet, click the little three dots on the top right of the tweet to pull up that menu. Go to embed post. Twitter publish opens. Copy the link at the top under "What would you like to embed?". That link works for me. 

Thanks for the help 👍🏻

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Man the Patriots sent the whole crew to see Daniels. I wonder if we can move down one and grab a 3rd from them lol

A second ! It's not the one spot-It's the Playa !

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Man the Patriots sent the whole crew to see Daniels. I wonder if we can move down one and grab a 3rd from them lol

With the amount of value placed on the 2nd pick, it would definitely be more than just a 3rd round pick. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

With the amount of value placed on the 2nd pick, it would definitely be more than just a 3rd round pick. 

I'm trying to give us both what we want here dude lol. 

• Like 1

The problem with getting NE to swap spots with us is that the information exchange (or lack thereof) in the process of making the trade makes it an awfully tough deal to pull off in reality.

If they won’t tell us who they want, I think it’s very difficult (or impossible) to do the deal. What if they take our preferred guy? Hard to justify giving up your guy and taking a lesser player at QB, just for a little sweetener. Too important a position, too few guys succeed at the highest level — you can’t settle for a lesser talent in these situations.

But if they do tell us who they want, either way it probably scuttles the deal. If they want our guy, we’re back to the above and we don’t do the deal. If they don’t want our guy, then of course we’d do the deal — but they’d then know (from our willingness) that we aren’t going to take their guy at 2, and it would no longer make sense for them to swap picks with us. 

I think the only way this could work out is if they believed there was some chance we might trade the pick to another team, one that might take the guy they want. That’s the best leverage we have on NE, in my book.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I'm trying to give us both what we want here dude lol. 

I know. I just want "value" if we trade down. I'm not saying we trade down for the sh**s and giggles. We need to be compensated accordingly or just take the QB they want. There is risk with both routes. 

7 minutes ago, e16bball said:

The problem with getting NE to swap spots with us is that the information exchange (or lack thereof) in the process of making the trade makes it an awfully tough deal to pull off in reality.

If they won’t tell us who they want, I think it’s very difficult (or impossible) to do the deal. What if they take our preferred guy? Hard to justify giving up your guy and taking a lesser player at QB, just for a little sweetener. Too important a position, too few guys succeed at the highest level — you can’t settle for a lesser talent in these situations.

But if they do tell us who they want, either way it probably scuttles the deal. If they want our guy, we’re back to the above and we don’t do the deal. If they don’t want our guy, then of course we’d do the deal — but they’d then know (from our willingness) that we aren’t going to take their guy at 2, and it would no longer make sense for them to swap picks with us. 

I think the only way this could work out is if they believed there was some chance we might trade the pick to another team, one that might take the guy they want. That’s the best leverage we have on NE, in my book.

IMO, you don't make a trade with NE if there is a preferred option. Only if you believe ANY of the options would be a good outcome, do you "play the game". 

Just make the pick for the preferred player if that's how you feel. We don't need to go from Chris Olave to Jahan Dotson again. If they think Maye/Daniels are "that dude" don't F around, just get it done.

21 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

If your taking Daniel’s or Maye you stay at 2 a trade with New England would not be worth the chance of them taking who you want.

So...??? no such thing as a Gentlemen's Agreement. Also, players have been drafted and IMMEDIATELY traded . crazy stuff can happen .

Edited by RSkinGM

21 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I said it more as a joke to be honest. I don't think the Pats would do it. 

I think today was a slight win for Jayden Daniels. The height and hand size measurements were good and the weight is well....acceptable. He looks like a skinnier, faster Jordan Love. 

Now let's see what Drake Maye can do. Will he do anything else besides pass tomorrow?