The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

6 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Remember that on the outside our new D likes CBs with size too. That could bode well for Juice if this new coaching staff can develop something out of him that Rivera/JDR & co couldn't.

giphy.gif

50 minutes ago, taylor made said:

giphy.gif

😂 but really, I think that's why Fuller wasn't re-signed. The CBs they've signed this offseason have all been over 6’ except for Noah Igbinoghene who is a special teams guy, not a starter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

😂 but really, I think that's why Fuller wasn't re-signed. The CBs they've signed this offseason have all been over 6’ except for Noah Igbinoghene who is a special teams guy, not a starter.

For like the 10th time, Fuller didn't want to be here. He chose to leave. Nothing outside of that is why he wasn't resigned. 

54 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

For like the 10th time, Fuller didn't want to be here. He chose to leave. Nothing outside of that is why he wasn't resigned. 

I hadn't heard that 

8 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I hadn't heard that 

Simply put, he wanted a shot to win a championship and that wasn't going to be here. 

Others have questioned why we didn't try to bring him back, but he probably wouldn't have been back and likely it won't come to light if we had an offer extended to him. 

He never was a CB1 anyway. We did him a disservice by forcing him to be that. He will excel opposite Jalen Ramsey. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

Simply put, he wanted a shot to win a championship and that wasn't going to be here. 

Others have questioned why we didn't try to bring him back, but he probably wouldn't have been back and likely it won't come to light if we had an offer extended to him. 

He never was a CB1 anyway. We did him a disservice by forcing him to be that. He will excel opposite Jalen Ramsey. 

I had seen that before, but that's not Fuller saying he didn't want to return. To me, that reads as Fuller doesn't fit the “recalibrate” timeline so, they didn't even pursue re-signing him. Plus, as I said he's not a tall corner. The Quinn/Whitt D has always had CBs 6’0 or taller on the outside for that cover 3 zone.

49 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I had seen that before, but that's not Fuller saying he didn't want to return. To me, that reads as Fuller doesn't fit the “recalibrate” timeline so, they didn't even pursue re-signing him. Plus, as I said he's not a tall corner. The Quinn/Whitt D has always had CBs 6’0 or taller on the outside for that cover 3 zone.

Again... His timeline doesn't match the recalibration... Not the other way around. He wanted to win now. Kendall Fuller is also 5'11. It wasn't a height issue. Who knows if they made an offer to him, but at the end of the day, he didn't want to be here anymore and signed with Miami, who is MUCH closer to winning a championship than us.

1 hour ago, Slappy Mc said:

Again... His timeline doesn't match the recalibration... Not the other way around. He wanted to win now. Kendall Fuller is also 5'11. It wasn't a height issue. Who knows if they made an offer to him, but at the end of the day, he didn't want to be here anymore and signed with Miami, who is MUCH closer to winning a championship than us.

I see what you're saying now & how Ben reported it. I would still point out that since 2010, the Seahawks didn't drafted a CB under 6’ except for 1 late-round pick. 

• Like 1

I will just point out for the record that technically what Quinn has said he prefers is arm length, not necessarily height. Such as from this older article: “Length: ‘You want him to have 32- or 33-inch arms,’ Quinn says. ‘He doesn’t have to be 6-3 or 6-4 to have length.’”

Obviously, a lot of the time the two things are highly correlated. Just pointing out that if we’re looking for specific physical traits/measurements, I think I’d “sort by” arm length rather than by height.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, e16bball said:

I will just point out for the record that technically what Quinn has said he prefers is arm length, not necessarily height. Such as from this older article: “Length: ‘You want him to have 32- or 33-inch arms,’ Quinn says. ‘He doesn’t have to be 6-3 or 6-4 to have length.’”

Obviously, a lot of the time the two things are highly correlated. Just pointing out that if we’re looking for specific physical traits/measurements, I think I’d “sort by” arm length rather than by height.

Yep! It's why guys like Ennis Rakestraw Jr. & Max Melton are still good. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TOUCAN said:

I did it guys. I didn’t talk about quarterbacks for 24 hours.

what are we talking about

Welp, seems the last thing posted was by Turtle28 about Jayden's inability or unwillingness to protect himself . Still QBs I guess 😊