The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

11 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

We're Titans. Giants, and Bears fans this weekend.

https://tankathon.com/nfl

I agree. Sadly we have to be fans of this ownership group doing something we cant believe they will until its done and thats hiring a GM from one of the powerhouse franchises and letting this person make his coaching hire. Until then were still in a cycle of insanity and that will continue reguardless of owner and coaches and players. Sadly were still on that wagon even with this new group

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

E, @e16bball have you seen this guy much. 

I haven’t, but this is the time of year I love checking out new guys. I watched a lot of Ole Miss when Corral was coming out, and they had some players, but I think he was still at LA Tech at that point. 

Ole Miss always has some dudes though, they’ve got speed on offense every year Lane has been there it seems like.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, e16bball said:

I haven’t, but this is the time of year I love checking out new guys. I watched a lot of Ole Miss when Corral was coming out, and they had some players, but I think he was still at LA Tech at that point. 

Ole Miss always has some dudes though, they’ve got speed on offense every year Lane has been there it seems like.

Their RB is going to be special at the next level hes had a bit of a down year compared to how special his freshman year was but he will be amazing.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Looking forward to watching the Ohio State/Michigan game and see our future o lineman Zak against a good d line in OSU. 

I'd love to get Treyvon Henderson in R2 or Donovan Edwards in R3 to be BRob’s backup/compete with him to be our starting RB too as I’m not sure AG will be back.

Tommy Eichenberg also could be a 2nd round pick for us at MLB.

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

I'd love to get Treyvon Henderson in R2 or Donovan Edwards in R3 to be BRob’s backup/compete with him to be our starting RB too as I’m not sure AG will be back.

I think we have to use the early picks on o-line instead of RB to be a back up. 
My only concern with Eichenberg is will he be able to cover RB or TE. 

6 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I think we have to use the early picks on o-line instead of RB to be a back up. 
My only concern with Eichenberg is will he be able to cover RB or TE. 

It depends on what we do in free agency as well.

I don't think Eichenberg is going to shut down a TE but, we use Kam Curl to cover the TEs most plays & Jamin covers the flats. The MLB takes the middle of the field and I think Eichenberg is better than what we've seen from Barton & Mayo. He may be like a Holcomb in that role.

I think Eichenberg can be similar to Jack Campbell as a MLB and I'll take that.

As much as a I hate it as a Buckeyes fan, our future 2nd-round pick at LG Zak Zinter had the key block that led Corum in on that 4th down TD run.

Edited by turtle28

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t hate the idea of Henderson obviously but I do hate burning a 2nd to get him. Do you think he goes that high? If that’s the case I think there’s a handful of guys that can do everything he can too that we can get in the 3rd or later. 

18 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I don’t hate the idea of Henderson obviously but I do hate burning a 2nd to get him. Do you think he goes that high? If that’s the case I think there’s a handful of guys that can do everything he can too that we can get in the 3rd or later. 

Yes I do, he's a better all around back than Corum as Henderson is a great receiver and I think he's faster than Corum while Corum is a more physical in-between the tackles runner.

Henderson is a 4.39 forty guy & a great receiver.

Forum is a 4.4 forty guy & is fine as a receiver but Henderson is a better receiver.

I could be wrong but that's how I feel. I think Henderson is clearly a 3-down back in the NFL like Swift, Jamyr Gibbs, Zeke Elliot as a young RB, etc.

Edited by turtle28

Damn, Zak Zinter just hurt his knee badly. Not sure the extent of it but he had to be carted odd the field and they wouldn't show a replay. I'd have to imagine this knocks him down from being a late 1st or 2nd round pick to a mid to late round pick who may not be ready to go at the beginning of the 2024 season.