The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

3 hours ago, IHatesnyder said:

Why not ? We got 90 mil in cap space and burns and Allen are young . We have to use the money somehow .

I guess it doesn't hurt to sign 1 of them & then draft a guy in R2 or 3 but I'd rather sign someone like Aj Epenesa from Buffalo who won't demand one of the top 5 highest paid contracts at the position.

We have to sign a MLB, a LG, either Re-sign Fuller or sign a younger CB as well. 

I got a feeling we will be in position of Harrison jr . 

I don't. I don't think Harrison Jr. gets past the Cardinals or Bears. He's going top 3 IMO. I think the highest we pick is #4 which means we’ll have our choice of Maye or Fashanu or Alt or Bowers at #4 through 6.

Edited by turtle28

I got a feeling we will be in position of Harrison jr . 

For me I still have to take Fashanu. Can’t throw to receivers if you’re not upright. 
Build through the trenches, I truly believe that philosophy. Both trenches always dictate on how the game goes. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

For me I still have to take Fashanu. Can’t throw to receivers if you’re not upright. 
Build through the trenches, I truly believe that philosophy. Both trenches always dictate on how the game goes. 

I think we’re going to end up with Fashanu or Alt bc that's who's going to be BPA when we draft. I think the Qbs will be gone & MHJ so the decision will be made for us.

• Like 1

If MHJ is there you have to pick him, period. Can always trade back into the first to get an OT. 

We have 2 high 2nd rough picks and 2 3rds. Wouldn't be that difficult to move into the 20 range if we can snag Fuaga (run in QBs might make this a reality)...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Troublez said:

If MHJ is there you have to pick him, period. Can always trade back into the first to get an OT. 

We have 2 high 2nd rough picks and 2 3rds. Wouldn't be that difficult to move into the 20 range if we can snag Fuaga (run in QBs might make this a reality)...

I think you could take MHJ and then possibly move back up with one of our second and thirds if Mims is falling. Hell, I think there's a chance Mims will be there in the second round. Ultimately I think they take Fashanu in the first but if they do it with MHJ on the board its gonna hurt. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I think you could take MHJ and then possibly move back up with one of our second and thirds if Mims is falling. Hell, I think there's a chance Mims will be there in the second round. Ultimately I think they take Fashanu in the first but if they do it with MHJ on the board its gonna hurt. 

Would you still want MHJR if they picked up Tee Higgins in Free Agency(who you said you really wanted)?

12 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

The Giants really screwed up beating us. 

As bad as we did by beating the Falcons and the Patriots. We got a real solid chance at a top 4 pick if things fall in our favor. Our schedule is brutal the rest of the way with everyone having something at least competent at QB which means they will throw for 350 yards and 3 TDs. If/When we finish 4-13, we should only have the Patriots, Cardinals and Panthers in front of us. Three picks in the top 38, Five in the top 100. We should be able to get some day 1 starters in those first 3.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

As bad as we did by beating the Falcons and the Patriots. We got a real solid chance at a top 4 pick if things fall in our favor. Our schedule is brutal the rest of the way with everyone having something at least competent at QB which means they will throw for 350 yards and 3 TDs. If/When we finish 4-13, we should only have the Patriots, Cardinals and Panthers in front of us. Three picks in the top 38, Five in the top 100. We should be able to get some day 1 starters in those first 3.

We probably don’t have a shot to get the 2nd or 3rd pick but if we don’t get the 4th which I think we can get Fashanu there, I would like to move down a little because I don’t really want Alt or Bowers(sorry Lavar) that high. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Would you still want MHJR if they picked up Tee Higgins in Free Agency(who you said you really wanted)?

No probably not. At that point I’d look to sell off the pick to the highest bidder. I don’t think they’ll sign Higgins though. My guess is they approach free agency the same way Rivera did in year one.