The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

13 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I don’t want to spoil the fun, but the Tankathon page is a little misleading — it’s only placing us 4th because we’ve played more games than everyone else and thus have 9 losses (and a lower winning percentage).

Among the teams with only 4 wins, we’d actually be behind CHI, NYG, and NYJ by strength of schedule, so we need each of them to pick up another win to remain ahead of them in the draft order.

Man, the Cardinals still have the 49ers, Seahawks and Eagles to play lol. But they do have the Bears so maybe there's a chance they still a game against the Seahawks and beat the Bears. 

17 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I don’t want to spoil the fun, but the Tankathon page is a little misleading — it’s only placing us 4th because we’ve played more games than everyone else and thus have 9 losses (and a lower winning percentage).

Among the teams with only 4 wins, we’d actually be behind CHI, NYG, and NYJ by strength of schedule, so we need each of them to pick up another win to remain ahead of them in the draft order.

Party pooper. Yes, it updates in real time. So we have to be Bears, Jints, and Jets fans.

EDIT: And Titans fans. They are also 4-8

28 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I fully expect us to finish with the 5th or 6th overall pick and be selecting Bowers or Joe Alt. Everyone knows we're going to beat Dallas in week 18 to ruin our draft position like we always do the last week of the season. 🤦‍♂️

Dallas is gonna have to be in every week I think from here on out.

12 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I fully expect us to finish with the 5th or 6th overall pick and be selecting Bowers or Joe Alt. Everyone knows we're going to beat Dallas in week 18 to ruin our draft position like we always do the last week of the season. 🤦‍♂️

Bro, I don't think we could beat Dallas's cheerleaders at this point. Even if they have nothing to play for, they will play to sweep us. 

The Jets game is the only one I'm worried about. We HAVE to lose that game. 

I also think it's worth noting that, while they have a harder schedule to finish, we have a chance to surpass the Cardinals. No one expected them to win this week, and if they can get some momentum, they can ruin their draft position.

I think we root for the Bears, Giants, Jets and Titans to win one more and hope that the Cardinals beat the Bears when they play each other. That could get us as high as pick #3. 

As I said many times this season, the Falcons game and the Patriots game were hollow wins that this team will regret come the offseason. We should be 2-11 right now, looking at a chance for the top pick. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Not surprised. And I think anyone that has been on this team too long should be a candidate for a trade. The culture is one of losing. 

It's funny to think that some people are surprised by this. Not specifically here, but the comments on that tweet are particularly hilarious.

This is what the losing culture that Dan Snyder built and Ron Rivera furthered. For those that questioned "what good would it do to get rid of Ron Rivera?" This is the thing that we couldn't have.

We all heard recently that Washington might be a desired destination, but without wins, no one will ever want to stay. Who can blame them? Especially in former Alabama alums, who are used to not only winning a lot, but losing very little. Money is all well and good, but quality of life and legacy are important to a lot of these players. 

Also, just because Jon Allen is the one to say this, don't think that others on the team, specifically Terry McLaurin and Daron Payne, aren't feeling the same way. 

#FireRonRivera

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

It's funny to think that some people are surprised by this. Not specifically here, but the comments on that tweet are particularly hilarious.

This is what the losing culture that Dan Snyder built and Ron Rivera furthered. For those that questioned "what good would it do to get rid of Ron Rivera?" This is the thing that we couldn't have.

We all heard recently that Washington might be a desired destination, but without wins, no one will ever want to stay. Who can blame them? Especially in former Alabama alums, who are used to not only winning a lot, but losing very little. Money is all well and good, but quality of life and legacy are important to a lot of these players. 

Also, just because Jon Allen is the one to say this, don't think that others on the team, specifically Terry McLaurin and Daron Payne, aren't feeling the same way. 

#FireRonRivera

He stuck it out here for 7 years. Re-signed when he could've done what Scherff and Cousins did. He wanted to win here. He deserves a chance to go elsewhere and compete for titles. Same with Terry, Payne and Fuller. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Slappy Mc said:

#FireRonRivera

Correct, if you're in a negative culture for too long, it wears on you. Beyond talent, they need to find some guys that are winners/leaders and inject them into this franchise quickly. Overpay if you have to. 

This team could turn around as quickly as next year with better leadership, a different defense scheme, another year of Howell development, and all those picks and cap space used well. There's no reason to dump them. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

This team could turn around as quickly as next year with better leadership, a different defense scheme, another year of Howell development, and all those picks and cap space used well. There's no reason to dump them. 

This.  Blowing it up seems stupid to me.  We've been rebuilding for 4 years already. 

10 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

This.  Blowing it up seems stupid to me.  We've been rebuilding for 4 years already. 

We’ve had the wrong people doing the rebuilding. We’ve regressed or haven’t made any improvements in that time.

Edited by ARTMONK HOF