The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

All I ask is if we draft Daniels that we give him time before calling him a bust. 

He could come in and play worse than Sam and people will still clamor to "give him time" (when they wanted to jettison Sam after 12 games). All because he'll be a 1st rounder.

People fall in love with the round a QB is picked and not how that QB is actually doing.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

He could come in and play worse than Sam and people will still clamor to "give him time" (when they wanted to jettison Sam after 12 games). All because he'll be a 1st rounder.

People fall in love with the round a QB is picked and not how that QB is actually doing.

This is genuinely how I feel. I went back and forth with a guy trying to explain how the Eagles kept using picks not reaching on a QB who didn’t fit their identity to a tee who didn’t have a clear upgrade in talent over Jalen while they kept acquiring draft capital in future years and moving all over to infuse that roster while developing Jalen. Then they trade for an All pro like AJ like the Bills did with Diggs and then all the sudden he and Devanta had that offense clicking all while he developed behind a premier OL. 

I had suggested doing the same with Sam unless your system/ play style dream fit player is avalible or close enough to go get. All I got was Jalen is a winner and a super great person off the field. I said well Jalen and the eagles were currently on like a 22-2 streak. I said well if you subtract that streak Jalen was benched multiple times and was still playing with a better defense and OL than Sam. It always falls on deaf ears because people don’t have vision but if Sam puts in the work which he is a pro I believe he has a whole seasons worth of tape and repeat faucets he can legit mimic in practice setting with a QB coach as most QB’s use in the offseason and really refine his weaknesses while applying these things to continue to build his skillset around what he does very well. 

• Like 3

Honestly, even if they draft a QB early, we should still start Sam Howell to give whoever it is a chance to learn the ropes of the NFL. 

The only way my stance on that would change is if it's clear as day, that the drafted player is the better player right away.

I'm not sold on any of the QBs this year. I actually think this is a subpar QB class, but the new staff and F.O. are going to do what they feel is right and I don't begrudge that. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

Honestly, even if they draft a QB early, we should still start Sam Howell to give whoever it is a chance to learn the ropes of the NFL. 

The only way my stance on that would change is if it's clear as day, that the drafted player is the better player right away.

I'm not sold on any of the QBs this year. I actually think this is a subpar QB class, but the new staff and F.O. are going to do what they feel is right and I don't begrudge that. 

The only QB I’m sold on who definitely has more upside & I'd be shocked if he didn't beat out Howell is Caleb Williams. I know he has some questions surrounding him, but he seems to have ’IT!’

Drake Maye is a taller version of Sam Howell. Jayden Daniels just worries me bc if you were this good, why did it take you 5 years to get here? Red flag! He also has a skinny lower body like RG3 which worries me about injuries in the pros again, RED FLAG!

If we draft him I'll support the decision and hope he works out for us but I don't want to draft him at 4 over the OTs or Bowers.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, turtle28 said:

The only QB I’m sold on who definitely has more upside & I'd be shocked if he didn't beat out Howell is Caleb Williams. I know he has some questions surrounding him, but he seems to have ’IT!’

Drake Maye is a taller version of Sam Howell. Jayden Daniels just worries me bc if you were this good, why did it take you 5 years to get here? Red flag! He also has a skinny lower body like RG3 which worries me about injuries in the pros again, RED FLAG!

If we draft him I'll support the decision and hope he works out for us but I don't want to draft him at 4 over the OTs or Bowers.

"IT" ??? What it is that?the hype IT?What big games has he won?I absolutely do not want Caleb.We already had plenty of QBs who couldnt win the big game.We need a winner for a change.I still think Sam is fine with a real Oline in front of him.Just waiting to see who is doing the rebuild.That will determine what kind of QB he wants.