The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

This a tough one. I don’t want to pass on Caleb or Maybe but this haul is hard to pass on and we could still take Daniels at 3.

Not a tough one at all, imo.

You absolutely take this deal.

Drop 1 spot & not only still can get a QB at 3,(depending on what Bears do) but also the best WR in the draft in Harrison Jr.

Get 1st pick in 2nd Rd ( giving us 3 total)

And also land a 1st & 3rd in 25'?

Not only would I make this trade, but I would trade down again, to gain more draft picks.

If the offer was awesome like Patriots above.

57 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

CBS, SI, Walter, Tankathon all have 8 OT going 1st round 

Fox has 6 OT going in the 1st rd

These are just a few who don’t feel the same way you do. 

I think Fashanu, Alt, Latham, and Fuaga are all pretty much locks to go R1. Barring a draft process collapse, Mims will almost surely go R1. That leaves Tyler Guyton and Jordan Morgan as guys who I haven’t watched but some people really like as possibilities to go R1.

I’m having a hard time seeing 8 OTs as a plausible scenario — unless they’re counting guys like Fautanu or Barton who won’t actually be OTs — but I do think 6 is a pretty solid bet. We may have to really consider moving up a bit if we like a guy who falls into the mid-20s. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I think Fashanu, Alt, Latham, and Fuaga are all pretty much locks to go R1. Barring a draft process collapse, Mims will almost surely go R1. That leaves Tyler Guyton and Jordan Morgan as guys who I haven’t watched but some people really like as possibilities to go R1.

I’m having a hard time seeing 8 OTs as a plausible scenario — unless they’re counting guys like Fautanu or Barton who won’t actually be OTs — but I do think 6 is a pretty solid bet. We may have to really consider moving up a bit if we like a guy who falls into the mid-20s. 

I was surprised to see 8 going in those Mocks. I believe 5 went in last years draft. I know it’s a premium position but if you go that many the talent gets thinner for such a high pick. Like you said if they like a guy would have to trade back in. 

4 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Not a tough one at all, imo.

You absolutely take this deal.

Drop 1 spot & not only still can get a QB at 3,(depending on what Bears do) but also the best WR in the draft in Harrison Jr.

Get 1st pick in 2nd Rd ( giving us 3 total)

And also land a 1st & 3rd in 25'?

Not only would I make this trade, but I would trade down again, to gain more draft picks.

If the offer was awesome like Patriots above.

It won’t be made, it’s too much for just one spot down but yeah, you take this one & id draft Daniels. We have to get one of the top 3 Qb prospects in the draft IMO.

10 hours ago, turtle28 said:

This a tough one. I don’t want to pass on Caleb or Maybe but this haul is hard to pass on and we could still take Daniels at 3.

Two things:

1. I would rush to accept this trade and never look back.
2. For those willing to "trade up," this is most likely the cost to move up to 1 for us as well.

For those who must end up with a QB, would that haul and Jayden Daniels not suffice?

I still wouldn't go QB in this scenario though. I would take my pick of the two OTs and start building a successful offense.

52 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Two things:

2. For those willing to "trade up," this is most likely the cost to move up to 1 for us as well.

For those who must end up with a QB, would that haul and Jayden Daniels not suffice?

I still wouldn't go QB in this scenario though. I would take my pick of the two OTs and start building a successful offense.

To me, no. I don't think Daniels is in the same class as Maye or Williams. Just my opinion though and I could totally be wrong. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slappy Mc said:

Two things:

I would have no problem with the Sam Howell show 2.0 but most people will be complaining like crazy when he isn’t perfect. Sam Howell is well on his way to dividing this fanbase in the way Kirk did. Some of us see the potential and are willing to wait for it, others can’t get over that he was a 5th round pick and think he needs to be perfect as he’s developing which is preposterous.

Edited by turtle28

26 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

To me, no. I don't think Daniels is in the same class as Maye or Williams. Just my opinion though and I could totally be wrong. 

Daniels is definitely not in their class, but he’s still very talented. Him vs Howell would be a good competition.

55 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I would have no problem with the Sam Howell show 2.0 but most people will be complaining like crazy when he isn’t perfect. Sam Howell is well on his way to dividing this fanbase in the way Kirk did. Some of us see the potential and are willing to wait for it, others can’t get over that he was a 5th round pick and think he needs to be perfect as he’s developing which is preposterous.

If we hadn't ended up with the second pick I would've just ran it back with Howell. My guess is he improves with a better staff but you can't take the chance at 2. Just take Maye or Williams. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, 4209 said:

My hunch about Jayden all along without watching him much was he was RG3 2.0, I know he probably had better games than vs Alabama but, my thoughts were confirmed. He’s very fast, quick and athletic. He relies on that athleticism too often for my liking which sets himself up for hits instead of hitting open WRs. He’s slow at processing at times, he’s late on throws at times, leaves the pocket too soon at times & doesn’t always have the best awareness.

It’s concerning that he’s 23 and still having these issues. If he’s 21 and having these issues then there’s belief that by the time he hits the NFL they could be worked out.

I don’t know, I think he’s worth the top 5 pick based off of his athleticism and just ability/potential but if we traded down and end up with him, I would project that Sam Howell is our week 1 starter and would only lose the job if he played poorly in back to back games like this year.

• Like 1