Cowboys CB Trevon Diggs tears ACL; Out for season

RaidersAreOne

Just now, Malfatron said:

Targets 82 T-15th

RECEPTIONS ALLOWED
56 T-9th

I don’t care. Seriously, watch football. You clearly don’t watch him play at all. I watch every game and can say it’s bs. How those stats are being attributed is beyond me and to anyone else that actually watches. Of course this was all started by a fan of a rival NFCE fan at PFF

He’s an all pro CB but sure, let’s act like he’s one of the most picked on DBs in the league who’s a liability out there.

2 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Let the record show that Im just responding when being addressed.

I agree with forge that the cowboys will be fine after this injury. It was a compliment to the whole team

You think they’ll be fine while stating that their star player on defense costs them on the football field and they’ll be more sound without him. It’s anti Dallas drivel and I see it from you all the time. Easier to credit a team instead of giving a nod to any one player. 

• Like 1

Just now, NoFlyZone said:

You think they’ll be fine while stating that their star player on defense costs them on the football field and they’ll be more sound without him. It’s anti Dallas drivel and I see it from you all the time. Easier to credit a team instead of giving a nod to any one player. 

Well, if they completely fall apart, i will eat crow and tag you that i was wrong

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Well, if they completely fall apart, i will eat crow and tag you that i was wrong

I mean.. don’t get me wrong, they have depth. I don’t disagree there. It’s just not the same as having a guy who can shadow a Justin Jefferson on the outside and lock him down all game.

Just don’t know why there had to be the inevitable “But he gives up a lot of yards” commentary when I think most of us realize what he has brought to that defense at this point.

Edited by NoFlyZone

55 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

Woods was certainly better than an above average WR. In his prime he was good for 1200 yards and was the best blocking WR in the league. 

I don’t know if I’d call it being “good for” 1200 yards when he only hit that mark once (and ever only got close one other time). 

He had some good years and was a solid receiver, but I’m not sure we’re thinking of Woods as a top 20 receiver outside of some anomaly years. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LeotheLion said:
1 hour ago, The BILLievers said:

Agreed lol. One is an all pro elite CB, the other was at best a slightly above average WR in his prime. 

Woods was certainly better than an above average WR. 

No. I think “barely above average” sums him up quite nicely. He’s better than average, but you’d struggle to put him anywhere above the 15-20 range of WRs through the course of his career.

Diggs? Other way around, you’d struggle to keep him outside the top 10 range of CBs through the course of his career. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

According to no one that actually watches him play football. 
Seriously, no one even talked about yards given up until Trevon started taking the ball away at an impressive rate. It’s just typical anti Cowboys driven nonsense.

I mean, he occasionally gives up some plays like any corner does.. but the need to talk about it as if he is letting up meaningful (key word) plays game to game is lame. The loss is huge for his defense. No one would think this to be a meaningful loss if he was someone on defense to be picked on with the occasional payback interception. 

Who doesn't watch him play? Cowboys get like a dozen primetime games a year. He's a good DB but you're acting like he's Revis in his prime.

Edited by StatKing
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Who doesn't watch him play? Cowboys get like a dozen primetime games a year. He's a good DB but you're acting like he's Revis in his prime.

This is a bit of an exaggeration. But speaking to that specific point.. it’s not like Diggs has been having poor performances in prime time. In no way am I acting like he has been covering like Revis in his prime. It’s just silly to act like he’s an exploitable part of the defense and that they’re actually going to be more sound without him. They do have depth, though.. here’s to hoping that Bland can continue the success he had as a rookie.

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

No. I think “barely above average” sums him up quite nicely. He’s better than average, but you’d struggle to put him anywhere above the 15-20 range of WRs through the course of his career.

Diggs? Other way around, you’d struggle to keep him outside the top 10 range of CBs through the course of his career. 

To me an average WR is top 50. Woods with the Rams pre ACL was always around 20-30 which is a high end WR2, low end WR1. And specifically for the Rams scheme, there aren't many people that can do what he did in the running game. It sounds like it is just semantics though because I agree with the assessment on him not being a top 20 WR. 

1 hour ago, Soko said:

I don’t know if I’d call it being “good for” 1200 yards when he only hit that mark once (and ever only got close one other time). 

He had some good years and was a solid receiver, but I’m not sure we’re thinking of Woods as a top 20 receiver outside of some anomaly years. 

He hit that mark twice and was 100 yards off in another year. I also don't think he was top 20 but his career would certainly be viewed differently if he wasn't wasted in Buffalo early in his career.