Cowboys CB Trevon Diggs tears ACL; Out for season

RaidersAreOne

I'm going to be in the minority here, but I think the Dallas defense is going to be fine. 

Is it going to be as good? No, of course not. You can't lose a player of that caliber and just next man up it. That said, I don't think the secondary is as important when you have a pass rush like the Cowboys have. I think the secondary will hold up just fine the rest of the year. I still think that this will be the best defense in the league. 

• Like 2

Hurts losing a playmaker in the back end. Gilmore having a bit of a resurgence meant you were picking your poison on top of facing a nasty pass rush. Diggs was really able to be himself and play risky football when opposing QBs needed to get it out fast.

Sucks to hear.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

Agreed lol. One is an all pro elite CB, the other was at best a slightly above average WR in his prime. 

Woods was certainly better than an above average WR. In his prime he was good for 1200 yards and was the best blocking WR in the league. 

I'd agree that Diggs is better but it's not like Woods is easy to replace either. Especially in McVays offense. Now, the comparison in itself doesn't make much sense because that year we had just signed OBJ prior to the injury so swapping Woods for OBJ was basically a wash. 

As for Dallas here, it sucks but I don't think it really will cool off the Dallas defense. Though the biggest worry has to be how it impacts the Philly matchups. 

13 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm going to be in the minority here, but I think the Dallas defense is going to be fine. 

Is it going to be as good? No, of course not. You can't lose a player of that caliber and just next man up it. That said, I don't think the secondary is as important when you have a pass rush like the Cowboys have. I think the secondary will hold up just fine the rest of the year. I still think that this will be the best defense in the league. 

They will have fewer turnover and fewer yards allowed

34 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Why? Diggs is a playmaker but he allows big plays too.

I stand by it

According to no one that actually watches him play football. 
Seriously, no one even talked about yards given up until Trevon started taking the ball away at an impressive rate. It’s just typical anti Cowboys driven nonsense.

I mean, he occasionally gives up some plays like any corner does.. but the need to talk about it as if he is letting up meaningful (key word) plays game to game is lame. The loss is huge for his defense. No one would think this to be a meaningful loss if he was someone on defense to be picked on with the occasional payback interception. 

Edited by NoFlyZone
  • Like 1

Just now, NoFlyZone said:

According to no one that actually watches him play football. 
Seriously, no one even talked about yards given up until Trevon started taking the ball away at an impressive rate. It’s just typical anti Cowboys driven nonsense.

I mean, he occasionally gives up some plays like any corner does.. but the need to talk about it as if he is letting up meaningful (key word) plays game to game is lame. The loss is huge for his defense.

Targets 82 T-15th

RECEPTIONS ALLOWED
56 T-9th