Cowboys CB Trevon Diggs tears ACL; Out for season

RaidersAreOne

17 hours ago, tab said:

Comparing Woods to Diggs is a bit nutty

Woods was arguably the Rams' WR1, or at least 1A/B from 2017 to 2020, and only just got passed by Kupp the year he got hurt. And while yes, Kupp had like 900 yards by the time Woods was injured in 2021, Woods still had 566 yards in only half a season's worth of play.

I mean, from 2017 to 2020, Woods had 4,000 yards in 59 games and Kupp had 3,500 in 55.

Even if you take away Kupp's rookie year in 2017 and the year that Kupp was hurt in 2018 (Woods' best season), and JUST factor 2019-20, Woods and Kupp were pretty clearly in a 1A/1B situation on that Rams team. Woods had 221 touches for 2340 yards from scrimmage and 11 TDs. Kupp had 192 touches for 2172 yards from scrimmage and 13 TDs. Add to that Woods' clutch ability as a Ram to generate first downs, his position as the locker room leader among all the skill players, and his run blocking, which is/was best in the NFL at the perimeter.

So yes, the Woods injury, while not AS impactful as an injury to a #1 CB due to the offenses ability to dictate where to go with the football - whereas the defense is having to close options - was still a very big deal that the uninformed downplayed because they thought OBJ would be an upgrade.

3 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Do you think the Vikings should trade Andrew Booth to them?

No. For one, he probably wouldn't fetch more than a 6th.

Second, Booth is our most athletic and aggressive corner. He sucks now, but still has time to turn it around in the long-term. That's not a lot of value, but considering the state of our boundary corners... it's something.

Now if someone want's our 3rd string S Lewis Cine for a 6th, sure.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Duluther said:

No. For one, he probably wouldn't fetch more than a 6th.

Second, Booth is our most athletic and aggressive corner. He sucks now, but still has time to turn it around in the long-term. That's not a lot of value, but considering the state of our boundary corners... it's something.

Now if someone want's our 3rd string S Lewis Cine for a 6th, sure.

I doubt we could even get that much for him.

I think Dallas will be in the market for a CB and be aggressive towards the trade deadline.

9 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I doubt we could even get that much for him.

I think Dallas will be in the market for a CB and be aggressive towards the trade deadline.

They should try to get Marco Wilson! Cardinals have a few capable, inexperienced corners, and Wilson has been their #1 boundary guy the last few years. He's basically a poor man's Marcus Peters. Kinda of a gambler. Sometimes it makes him look terrible, sometimes he looks like an All-Pro. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

Hardly. People were quick to make jokes about Rodgers going down 4 snaps in but now we can't make fun of the Cowboys?

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47844637ty4849pcjovc

I mean, making fun of the Jets/Cowboys due to a terrible Rodgers/Diggs injury can both be dirtbag moves by a number of dirtbag people. Don't associate with the riffraff. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

I don't understand. He didn't make fun of Diggs at all unless I'm missing something. He said, "Just wait, something bad always happens" in reference to the Cowboys being really good and how SAS always correctly anticipates that the they'll have something bad happen.

I’m a Cowboys fan, and that’s the way I took it.

2 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

People always find something to complain about. It wasn't a slight to Trevon but a Dig at something always going wrong for Dallas. 

Yep. I looked it up again to see if I missed something, but I couldn't find anything else. He thought he was throwing Stephen A an alley oop, but he hung him out to dry.

Just now, JohnChimpo said:

Yep. I looked it up again to see if I missed something, but I couldn't find anything else. He thought he was throwing Stephen A an alley oop, but he hung him out to dry.

Luckily SAS wasn't stupid enough to bite. Think it was more his and RC reaction to Scott's comments that got people riled up, rather then Bart actually and intentionally making fun of a injury.  

Which he wasn't.