Condemning HC, OC, DC, GM, and Woody.

JetsandI

29 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

It’ll take more than that for any 3 of those guys 

Maybe but from what I have seen that is probably the going rate. When Hopkins and these other pro bowl guys get moved for 2nd and 3rd round picks makes me think these guys will be less. I think Neal is moved for very little because he is causing problems with fans and the locker room. 

On 10/12/2023 at 8:32 AM, jetfuel34 said:

Lazard has proven he is a WR2. He did it with GB.

Did he?  Lazard was SUPPOSED to be a WR2 but he never really emerged as such.

Agree with the Wilson write up.  No matter who is at WR, they will never be great with Wilson as QB.  So, yes, we can use another quality WR at the X or Z.  Lazard / Hardman should be in the slot.  Cobb should be gone.

On 10/12/2023 at 8:32 AM, jetfuel34 said:

There is no way you can judge these WR with Wilson as the QB. He had 1 good game. GW is a stud and is a top 5 WR but will never reach that with Wilson as QB. Lazard has proven he is a WR2. He did it with GB. I like Gibson a lot but they are finally getting him the ball more. He shoudl be the WR3 and I think he can be a very good WR3. Cobb is fine for WR4 that is that strong vet guy we need in the room. That is at least above average wr group. I put them in the top 15 - 20 WR group. You want to give up high draft picks for a WR that will not help us this year? Even if Wilson was throwing to Jerry Rice and Megatron he would still be playing at his level. Wilson just can't make that turn. He has shown signs but that is it. Showing signs of it in your 3rd year is not good at all. You should be putting a few good games back to back by now. He hits one ever few months now. This is why we don't need a WR and why it would be a waste. Now if Denver moves Juedy or Sutton for late draft picks sure grab them but they are wanting 3rd round picks I think. 

Lazard played 5 seasons with Rodgers and never produced as a WR2 so I don’t know where your bar is for a WR2

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Lazard played 5 seasons with Rodgers and never produced as a WR2 so I don’t know where your bar is for a WR2

I think people have WR2 guys bar way to high. There is only like 10 WR 1 in the league. If your WR 2 is a top 30-35 WR in the league your doing really well. If you WR2 is top 50 then your average or above. Lazard is a top 40 WR in the league. If you have a WR1 top 10 guy which the jets have and a top 35-40 guy which Lazard is your fine. 

• 2 weeks later...

Lets really dig deep into this coaching staff.

Robert Saleh

He's similar to Zach Wilson.  He frustrates you so much but then somehow the Jets win.  Saleh really has his defense undisciplined, it's been that way for 3 years.  Even when they are wrongfully flagged, they still HAVE NOT LEARNED to take themselves out of the position of the ref's discretion. He deserves a ton of heat.  Lack of preparation, slow starts, clock mismanagement.  But his team does play hard and they play until the end.  They overcame the Rodgers injury for a win.  They came back against the Eagles. They should have upset the Chiefs when the entire world was watching and expecting them to crumble.  And they didn't give up today, getting a win.  But the little things add up to huge recurring problems.  We can win with him but we cannot win a SB with him.  Unless Rodgers takes the team on his back.  He's probably safe anyway, but if he doesn't crash hard this season he will after Rodgers retires.

Jeff Ulbrich

Have to give him credit since his unit is ranked high.  But that's about it.  The way the DL is set up is maddening and leads to QBs getting easy 1st downs.  We NEVER blitz.  Sauce was great in college and was successful last season.  He has yet to send him or Reed for an easy sack.  He doesn't have them follow a true #1, but I guess he doesn't need to?  But that wastes Sauce's talent.  Back to the DL.  This is supposed to be a Wide 9 but they line up big, fat JFM and Clemons wide! They are great on the inside, especially passing downs.  Or great up against the Tackle and against the run.  But to have them line up wide, crash the middle, then give the QB space to run is killing us.  JFM isn't fast enough to get after the QB in space.  Luckily Huff is playing more.  But there are too many plays where the DLs crash the middle and get burned on the outside while the LBs run straight up the field in man coverage, leaving the Safeties to have to come up and make a play.  With this talent available he should be running things a little better.

Nate Hackett

He deserves the most heat.  They brought in a WR that he didn't approve of.  Is that more the GMs fault? Well as a coach YOU need to put your players in a position to succeed.  Not make the players fit your system.  Yes a system is necessary, but the best coaches can take anyone and fit their strengths to the system. Anytime Breece gets a first down they take him out.  Our best or 2nd best player on offense (Breece) is never on the field on 3rd down.  We have the worst blocking OL in the world and he doesn't like quick hitters.  We never take deep shots.  Rarely throw a WR screen to let Lazard/TEs block and then Wilson or Gipson use their moves.  We know Zach's weaknesses and need to hide them.  Don't give him 3 WRs on long developing routes knowing he will sit there and take a sack.  Put some people in position to succeed! Zach drove them down the field in a near-impossible situation.  Did it take 59 mins and 30 seconds for the WRs to finally get open? Did it take Zach thinking an INT means nothing here to finally let it loose?  Why is this not happening earlier in the game??  Nate this has to be a you thing.  Zach doesn't seem good enough to magically "turn it on" when the game is on the line.  Besides that awful 3rd down pass to Breece, he was excellent on those late drives.

• 11 months later...

The only way Woody sell is to have fans stop showing up to games. With how much the Jets are worth, he has no reason to sell if fans keep showing up. 

I don't know what Saleh brings to the table. I believe Ulbrich can have the defense ready without him and he has no impact on offense. This isn't about being defensive minded because you have others like Ryans, Shan, and others who are doing well on the sides they never coached. I blame Rodgers a bit more for today's game, but Saleh in general isn't helpful. 

Trade for Adams and figure out how to run the ball on offense. We shouldn't have a 40yr old QB with almost 60 attempts against anyone. The talent is there to do it, but the run designs look easy for defenders. 

33 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

The only way Woody sell is to have fans stop showing up to games. With how much the Jets are worth, he has no reason to sell if fans keep showing up. 

I don't know what Saleh brings to the table. I believe Ulbrich can have the defense ready without him and he has no impact on offense. This isn't about being defensive minded because you have others like Ryans, Shan, and others who are doing well on the sides they never coached. I blame Rodgers a bit more for today's game, but Saleh in general isn't helpful. 

Trade for Adams and figure out how to run the ball on offense. We shouldn't have a 40yr old QB with almost 60 attempts against anyone. The talent is there to do it, but the run designs look easy for defenders. 

Saleh has zero input on Rodgers offense as he is said to be a student for that class.  Still, Saleh made no influence on offense since he become Jet HC.

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

Saleh has zero input on Rodgers offense as he is said to be a student for that class.  Still, Saleh made no influence on offense since he become Jet HC.

This isn't a new concept. Most HC's focus on their strengths and delegate the opposite side of the ball to the coordinator. It's just terrible for us that the person in charge is Hackett because it was the only way for us to court an actual QB to play here.

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

That's what I meant. He decided to wait until now to "become a student." And has had no impact on offense during his time. I feel like the defense can run without him as well. if he was fired tonight, nothing would decline.