Condemning HC, OC, DC, GM, and Woody.

JetsandI

5 hours ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

Before I pick a favorite for next head coach, I want to know who the GM will be. I also want to know who our QB is going to be.

That is more important.

Woody Johnson said this is the most talented Jets team he has had in 25 years. With a statement like that, does it sound like Woody is trying to move on from the GM?

On 10/10/2024 at 4:40 PM, NYJets4716 said:

Woody Johnson said this is the most talented Jets team he has had in 25 years. With a statement like that, does it sound like Woody is trying to move on from the GM?

Do you honestly think he will survive if we miss the playoffs? Finish below .500? 

Ulbrich is Douglas's only hope now.

9 hours ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

Do you honestly think he will survive if we miss the playoffs? Finish below .500? 

Douglas doesn’t coach the team, he’s done his part even though we’re lacking in certain areas(no team is perfect).

Still I’m not sure it’s Woody but ultimately he can’t be confident in this team but also have an issue with Joe Douglas. 

17 hours ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

I have no idea what Woody Johnson will do, but I am just saying he made a statement like that which would mean that the GM did his job. If your GM put together the most talented team in 25 years, why would you move on from him? 

I believe the Jets suffer from the worst coaching on the offensive side of the ball. 

I think the worst thing that will happen to JD is that he will have less say on who the next HC will be. You can't acknowledge how great this roster is and fire the GM. 

If we missed the playoffs, the staff is gone. We just have to look good enough to become appealing to the best coaching options. The next coach will probably be my last coach as a Jets fan, so I need us to finally get the right one. 

The GM is not only responsible for the players on the field. He is also responsible for hiring the right people to coach the team. Sure, certain owners are more meddling than others, and I am sure ours is one of those. But Douglas signed up for this gig knowing full well who the boss is upstairs. 

And OK, so he has accumulated the greatest roster we have ever had. Fantastic. First off, I highly doubt this group is better than the 1969 Jets but whatever. Even I wasn't born yet so that is a pass. But this GM also hired Keith Carter did he not? The guy who is responsible for protecting our franchise QB. How is that working out for us?

Also, everybody and their brother knew Davante Adams was going to become a Jet sooner or later. It was always in the cards. Aaron Rodgers wanted it. Davante Adams wanted it. So why did we waste all this time signing Mike Williams first? And why is our O line still ****? And why is our D line suddenly **** as well? And why has our secondary been ignored, namely the safeties? Why does our kicking suck? 

Ultimately, why is this special GM's won-loss record no better than any of his predecessors?

Sorry, Joe Douglas is not the teflon man in all of this.

2 hours ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

He is also responsible for hiring the right people to coach the team.

Not so sure about that considering Saleh reported to Woody and NOT JD.

But this GM also hired Keith Carter did he not?

The HC typically picks his coaching staff.  The exception to this is Hackett who was hired to lure Woody's boy toy to the team.

And why is our O line still ****? And why is our D line suddenly **** as well? And why has our secondary been ignored, namely the safeties? Why does our kicking suck? 

I blame the coaching for almost all of this.  Did anyone think Tyron was going to play this poorly?  Or think The Leg was going to suddenly forget how to kick a FG?  Our D is hardly the problem here.  Yes, our run D is less than adequate but lets not forget the type of D Saleh wanted and the players needed to pursue that D.  JD gave him what he asked for.

In the end, JD has done his job which was to assemble players that can compete.  It is up to the coaches to devise the game plan and coach the players.  Both have been abject failures on the O side of the ball.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, xrade said:

Not so sure about that considering Saleh reported to Woody and NOT JD.

The HC typically picks his coaching staff.  The exception to this is Hackett who was hired to lure Woody's boy toy to the team.

I blame the coaching for almost all of this.  Did anyone think Tyron was going to play this poorly?  Or think The Leg was going to suddenly forget how to kick a FG?  Our D is hardly the problem here.  Yes, our run D is less than adequate but lets not forget the type of D Saleh wanted and the players needed to pursue that D.  JD gave him what he asked for.

In the end, JD has done his job which was to assemble players that can compete.  It is up to the coaches to devise the game plan and coach the players.  Both have been abject failures on the O side of the ball.

He drafted Zach Wilson. As long as you do that, you cannot be great at your job.

15 hours ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

He drafted Zach Wilson. As long as you do that, you cannot be great at your job.

Agreed.  Somewhat.  Pitt drafted Picket. NE Jones, SF Lance, Chicago Fields, etc.  I could go on but I think my point is made that almost all teams draft QB's in rd. 1 only to see them flame out.  The real question is how does the team respond?  JD realized after 3 seasons that ZW was a bust and moved on.  It would have been far worse to double down like the Giants did with Danny or, to a lesser degree, Jax with Trevor.

You even said after the Denver game that we have the talent and that it was a scheme issue.  Who acquired the talent and who devises the scheme?  This team sucks right now because of the coaching staff.

• Like 2

I wonder what would happen if Woody had not stepped in and made the call for Aaron Rodgers.  Keeping Wilson at QB with a journeyman to mix in?  Drafting another qb that high?  etc etc etc.

JD could get fired after last season without Rodgers in the fold. *shrug*

Right now, JD still has the job and he has yet to create any conflict during the Rodgers stay. He is currently on Woody's good side.

3 hours ago, xrade said:

Agreed.  Somewhat.  Pitt drafted Picket. NE Jones, SF Lance, Chicago Fields, etc.  I could go on but I think my point is made that almost all teams draft QB's in rd. 1 only to see them flame out.  The real question is how does the team respond?  JD realized after 3 seasons that ZW was a bust and moved on.  It would have been far worse to double down like the Giants did with Danny or, to a lesser degree, Jax with Trevor.

You even said after the Denver game that we have the talent and that it was a scheme issue.  Who acquired the talent and who devises the scheme?  This team sucks right now because of the coaching staff.

I mean, there really wasn’t any question here. Zach was so obviously bad there was never any discussion about doubling down on him. After year 2, the organization knew he was a bust. They only kept him behind Rodgers because Woody is cheap. 

If Zach had a season like Trevor or won a playoff game like Jones, we have no idea what Douglas would have done. There was really no decision he had to make, except how to replace him.

I still hold Douglas to the same standard I  did before the season. A paper tiger roster being built is no excuse. Playoffs or out.

• Like 2