Condemning HC, OC, DC, GM, and Woody.

JetsandI

It was always a mistake to have Wilson as anything other than a 3rd stringer. If you could cut him without cap penalties you would. He's probably better than Boyle so have him be that and have a backup actually backup Rodgers. That's what we should always have had and we still refuse to deal with it.

• Like 2

On 9/29/2023 at 10:19 PM, jetsfan4life51 said:

Who were we signing for a back up? Like why would Minshew back up Rodgers when he can compete with a rookie?

The plan was Zach learns from Rodgers and never touched the field. We were never contenders with a back up QB even if it was Winston or Minshew or Brissett. Those aren’t winning or starting QBs. Those are get you through a few games. This team and coaching staff is not good enough. 

It didn’t have to be Minshew, it could have been literally anyone you didn’t just admit months prior cannot play at an NFL level.

yes, that was their plan, and it sucked. Look where it’s going to get them. And if your mentality is to just wave the white flag because the starting QB went down, then yes the coaches deserve to be fired. It was a terrible plan to try to rebuild Zach Wilson behind Aaron Rodgers. It was done to save face, that’s it.

2 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

It didn’t have to be Minshew, it could have been literally anyone you didn’t just admit months prior cannot play at an NFL level.

yes, that was their plan, and it sucked. Look where it’s going to get them. And if your mentality is to just wave the white flag because the starting QB went down, then yes the coaches deserve to be fired. It was a terrible plan to try to rebuild Zach Wilson behind Aaron Rodgers. It was done to save face, that’s it.

It sucked because Rodgers got hurt. I’ll continue to repeat, most teams would suck without their QB. 

The bigger problem was not doing anything after the fact. 

24 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

It sucked because Rodgers got hurt. I’ll continue to repeat, most teams would suck without their QB. 

The bigger problem was not doing anything after the fact. 

Makes absolutely no sense to have a backup on your roster that can’t backup. None.

The plan should have been anoint Zach as QB2, then once Rodgers got hurt, go out looking for someone that can start? That’s supposed to be your QB2.

Edited by GangGreen420

2 hours ago, Dr.O said:

This week will be a test can Zach string together back to back good weeks. If the OL can play like they did against the chiefs and Hack calls a similar game I think he could do it.

Yeah this week is it. This is a weak defense to let him just play his game against and see how he does without handcuffs. No more trying to turn him into this ultra conservative game manager.

Getting Hall more carries would really help him out. By all indications he’s ready for a larger workload and this needs to be the week. 

• Like 1

He does not need to play as well as the first drive of the second half, or the second quarter against the Chiefs. But if he played with a little bit more consistency, then this team could win games. AND, Wilson could actually be a capable NFL backup. He played like one against KC.

I disagree that this game will be easier for him, though. Denver's defense has been carved up this season, but Mile High is never an easy place to play. Add in the "Hackett Bowl" element to this one, and I expect this to be a very difficult game to win. Arguably harder to win than opening week or last Sunday.

I really wish we had Rodgers for this one, because it got personal for him when Hackett was "attacked" by Payton.

4 hours ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

He does not need to play as well as the first drive of the second half, or the second quarter against the Chiefs. But if he played with a little bit more consistency, then this team could win games. AND, Wilson could actually be a capable NFL backup. He played like one against KC.

I disagree that this game will be easier for him, though. Denver's defense has been carved up this season, but Mile High is never an easy place to play. Add in the "Hackett Bowl" element to this one, and I expect this to be a very difficult game to win. Arguably harder to win than opening week or last Sunday.

I really wish we had Rodgers for this one, because it got personal for him when Hackett was "attacked" by Payton.

LOL if this is harder than week 1 or last week than we have serious issues, starting with the coach. Yes its in Denver, but there is no way we should be losing this game. If we do...I would expect it to be the beginning of the end for Robert Saleh regardless of Rodgers coming back or not. 

On 10/4/2023 at 4:10 PM, Jag68Sid87 said:

We beat them there last year and I think we improved while they got worse. We SHOULD win this one.

On 10/4/2023 at 4:10 PM, Jag68Sid87 said:

Payton already apologized about that.   Rodgers would be a **** if he considered this game personal for him.  Move on.