Random Thoughts - In season 2023

dll2000

27 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

he has. no criminal was found and civil was dropped

Iirc they determined that Araiza wasn’t even at that party during the alleged assault.  Hopefully he gets signed this offseason by someone.

15 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Iirc they determined that Araiza wasn’t even at that party during the alleged assault.  Hopefully he gets signed this offseason by someone.

Wouldn't surprise me if NFL teams stay away despite that. It's an extremely charged issue that invites negative attention.

1 minute ago, refundmytickets said:

Wouldn't surprise me if NFL teams stay away despite that. It's an extremely charged issue that invites negative attention.

Normally I’d agree, since in many cases theres no criminal charges but a civil case still exists.  So that leaves a possibility in people’s minds that this player may still have done what was alleged.  But since the victim dropped the civil case here and the DA office publicly stated why they weren’t filing criminal charges i see a chance for him to come back to the nfl.  Being a punter doesn’t help him though.  

58 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

he was there but left before the alleged victim even got to the party. whole thing is a mess, but it's been shown that he has done no wrongdoing in the court of law, the league literally can't punish him for anything. he deserves a shot (and I would like it to be with chicago)

11 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I’m not sure how involved he is with Santos, but whatever’s happening there is something we shouldn’t mess with. I don’t fault the coordinator for our return game limitations - our PR’s most redeeming quality in 2023 was that he usually caught the ball, and KR is basically a useless position since they moved the kickoff back to the 35. We only had 21 actual returns in 17 games (23 total, but 2 were onside kick recoveries). Do we blame Hightower for Gill having the worst net yards per punt in the entire league, or is Gill just not very good? 

Santos is a STUD 

He'd be kicking this well for any STC 

same w Gill ha ha  he suck for anyone 

Hightower  is not awful, nothing special either, meh

1 hour ago, HuskieBear said:

he was there but left before the alleged victim even got to the party. whole thing is a mess, but it's been shown that he has done no wrongdoing in the court of law, the league literally can't punish him for anything. he deserves a shot (and I would like it to be with chicago)

We def need someone !! CANNOT stick w Gill 

Edited by SLCbear

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone ever thought about doing a real time franchise simulation? Saw an expansion mock for the "St Louis Stallions" starting in 2021 and looked at my last real time drafts ans FAs, I have a TON of positional overlap (since OL was much more a priority for me than Pace for example). And even with how I drafted a TON of OL this year if I had been able to sign McGary and Pocic as I would have (I did outbid them so I would assume they came to CHI, though they clearly could have chosen not to) then there wouldnt have been the need to. I was thinking of doing it but idk how much actual time I'd have to put in on it.

18 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Has anyone ever thought about doing a real time franchise simulation? Saw an expansion mock for the "St Louis Stallions" starting in 2021 and looked at my last real time drafts ans FAs, I have a TON of positional overlap (since OL was much more a priority for me than Pace for example). And even with how I drafted a TON of OL this year if I had been able to sign McGary and Pocic as I would have (I did outbid them so I would assume they came to CHI, though they clearly could have chosen not to) then there wouldnt have been the need to. I was thinking of doing it but idk how much actual time I'd have to put in on it.

It's not pro football so there's no free agency obviously, but check out my post in TABT about a $15 game you might like.

1 hour ago, chisoxguy7 said:

It's not pro football so there's no free agency obviously, but check out my post in TABT about a $15 game you might like.

I read on it and it sounds fun. I loved the Xbox game Head Coach that was made 10-15 years ago, so this sounds right up my alley.

I meant more like a mock draft, free agent, in-season, full GM duties deal that someone would run for longterm on here though. A lot of pros and cons, a lot of fluctuations (like if I drafted a player that would get a LOT of reps for me but they get less in a RBC elsewhere for example) but it sounds like fun. But looking onto practice squads, waiver wires, etc could bog it down I imagine.

8 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I read on it and it sounds fun. I loved the Xbox game Head Coach that was made 10-15 years ago, so this sounds right up my alley.

I meant more like a mock draft, free agent, in-season, full GM duties deal that someone would run for longterm on here though. A lot of pros and cons, a lot of fluctuations (like if I drafted a player that would get a LOT of reps for me but they get less in a RBC elsewhere for example) but it sounds like fun. But looking onto practice squads, waiver wires, etc could bog it down I imagine.

I remember before the forum transition those types of things seemed to happen a lot more. Not sure if member numbers are down or if we’re all just older with less time now, but I have fond memories.  I also over the Head Coach video game when that was a thing. I used to lose track of time and stay up so late playing that and the NCAA football games. I haven’t touched a Madden game in years, it seemed to me like they put all their effort into ultimate team since that generates more money for them, and the rest of the game is kind of just the same year after year.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

I remember before the forum transition those types of things seemed to happen a lot more. Not sure if member numbers are down or if we’re all just older with less time now, but I have fond memories.  I also over the Head Coach video game when that was a thing. I used to lose track of time and stay up so late playing that and the NCAA football games. I haven’t touched a Madden game in years, it seemed to me like they put all their effort into ultimate team since that generates more money for them, and the rest of the game is kind of just the same year after year.

Same re: Madden and NCAA. I still find time for games nowadays but it’s far less overall and it’s less sports games and more RPG stuff. I’m playing the remake of The Last of Us Part II right now since it just released for PS5 (great game), and I loved Ghost of Tsushima. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

Same re: Madden and NCAA. I still find time for games nowadays but it’s far less overall and it’s less sports games and more RPG stuff. I’m playing the remake of The Last of Us Part II right now since it just released for PS5 (great game), and I loved Ghost of Tsushima. 

Most of my gaming time recently has been spent playing a PvEvP dungeon crawler called Dark and Darker, being produced by a new Korean studio called Ironmace. It’s really fun.

29 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Most of my gaming time recently has been spent playing a PvEvP dungeon crawler called Dark and Darker, being produced by a new Korean studio called Ironmace. It’s really fun.

Shout out to my fellow RPGers!!! I have been doing Baldur's Gate 3 and Marvel's Midnight Suns. Both are great but in different ways.

6 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

PC or consul? 

PC. I haven't gotten into the consoles this generation, although, my brother got me a Switch for Christmas because he wants me to play the Zelda games. He says they are outstanding.

• Like 1