New Regime Options

beardown3231

Something I never thought I would be saying but if things get really bad here...i.e not just losing but locker room/disciplinary issues...guys just flat out quitting...

When do we talk about Jim Harbaugh?

You know he would come in and at the very least bring us back to some form of competitiveness and accountability...he has a 44-19 record in the pros which even 10 years ago is still impressive...clearly the dude is a winner and while he might not be here for a long time he could really lay a lot of foundations...his obvious links to Kevin Warren could help as well.

15 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Something I never thought I would be saying but if things get really bad here...i.e not just losing but locker room/disciplinary issues...guys just flat out quitting...

When do we talk about Jim Harbaugh?

You know he would come in and at the very least bring us back to some form of competitiveness and accountability...he has a 44-19 record in the pros which even 10 years ago is still impressive...clearly the dude is a winner and while he might not be here for a long time he could really lay a lot of foundations...his obvious links to Kevin Warren could help as well.

Would you give him GM duties as well?

Just now, CBears019 said:

Would you give him GM duties as well?

I think I would want to hear his plan for the GM role...if he could bring someone in with him who makes sense and has some sort of track record who he feels he can work with then year I would make him the defacto GM with checks and balances in place...

I still like Poles and think he has done a lot of good things (some bad) but I don't think he has done enough to not be replaced if he is a road block to getting us a coach like Harbaugh if that is the road we want to go down.

6 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I'm not so sure...I think he is so devises that he is very rarely at the top of the list.

Eh he’s only divisive to me because of how much $ he’d want. If he wants power, give it to him. 

13 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

I'd be fine with that, honestly just make Piles his Smothers if that's what it takes. 

Actually, thinking about that, it seems like yet another variation on the Bears getting the timing and structure backwards... Just when you thought they'd had every weird scenario covered. 

I would like Harbaugh if they can deal with what he wants.  I would also like an offensive coach who has called plays, and/or developed a QB. 

On 9/25/2023 at 11:31 PM, CBears019 said:

Guys Just look at how much fun we could be having:

6TVIkiU.jpgB5MAQVI.jpgLxS2z5d.jpgWL6hZej.jpgYrCSlZD.jpgpeRbGXu.jpgqEV10cO.jpgQuxZ3Ra.jpgwq1JhC3.jpgy51FtGy.jpgKrdIEZn.jpg4T0FnlG.jpglMUpat1.jpgZ6oaCRV.jpg

Just wanted to let you know I showed this to the wife, and it was the first - and probably last - interaction she has had with AI Image creation.   lol

• Like 1

I'd  trust Harbaugh to have the mentality to be a proper HC where he actually holds people accountable... I'm less high on him overall though.....He wears out his welcome wherever he goes fairly quickly, and I'd need to know who his coordinators are.... He did fine in San Fran, but he had prime Fangio running the defense.... He won't have that here....and I'm less interested in Roman as a potential OC than most. He's more of a running game guy, and while I do enjoy a good ground game, we need a real passsing offense to join the rest of the modern NFL.

My top choice right now is the Lions OC, but that's just knowing he could fire his OC choice and take over playcalling if need be. Would need to know how his personality is as the guy in charge of the whole team, and who his coordinators are.

2 minutes ago, Epyon said:

I'd  trust Harbaugh to have the mentality to be a proper HC where he actually holds people accountable... I'm less high on him overall though.....He wears out his welcome wherever he goes fairly quickly, and I'd need to know who his coordinators are.... He did fine in San Fran, but he had prime Fangio running the defense.... He won't have that here....and I'm less interested in Roman as a potential OC than most. He's more of a running game guy, and while I do enjoy a good ground game, we need a real passsing offense to join the rest of the modern NFL.

My top choice right now is the Lions OC, but that's just knowing he could fire his OC choice and take over playcalling if need be. Would need to know how his personality is as the guy in charge of the whole team, and who his coordinators are.

It's a throwback name, but I want to look closely at the Dolphins staff given what they have been able to do with Tua, who is a good QB prospect but definitely has his warts. Darrell Bevell is on that staff. Maybe he's not the best option from that staff, but for me was the most recognizable name. He had traction as a HC option year ago, and his experience in Miami only makes him more desirable.

Edited by chisoxguy7

3 hours ago, Epyon said:

Johnson is way out in front as my top choice right now especially if we can land Caleb Williams…seems like the perfect guy to develop him…even Drake Maye has a lot of the tools I suspect Johnson would value…

I doubt Johnson would need to take back play calling duties because he wouldn’t give them up in the first place as an HC IMO…I see why Flus done it but it was clearly the wrong move…in terms of personality I have watched a few of his press conferences and when he has been mic’ed up…seems to have a lot of charisma and the Lions players seem to really enjoy learning from him…

Coordinators your guess is as good as mine…you just never know who knows who in the pros when they become first time HCs.

Having a lot of fun looking at coaching staffs around the league right now. Pretty interesting seeing how some guys just bounce from job to job. For example, our former OL coach Aaron Kromer is now coaching OL for a good Buffalo team. 

That 49ers staff has so many names on it too. Anthony Lynn with HC experience, both of the Kubiak sons, plus Brian Griese at QB coach, former NFL WR Leonard Hankerson, etc. 

If we did bring Johnson in as HC I would love to get someone from these Miami or San Francisco staffs to be OC since Johnson would call his own plays and there is a ton of upside to having guys in the room from many different competent offenses.