The good, the bad, the Jimmy G: Steelers edition!

Totty

9 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

For him to say that last line is pretty telling.

I predicted this months ago.  We get off to a terrible start, the wheels fall off and Adams starts to complain.  

I don't blame him at all and I agree he needs to be traded.  He's still elite but will be 31 at the end of this season.  It's time to move on and acquire draft capital so we can get some above average surrounding talent for whoever our Qb will be next season. FYI JM needs to be canned ASAP.  He is a total fool. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I predicted this months ago.  We get off to a terrible start, the wheels fall off and Adams starts to complain.  

I don't blame him at all and I agree he needs to be traded.  He's still elite but will be 31 at the end of this season.  It's time to move on and acquire draft capital so we can get some above average surrounding talent for whoever our Qb will be next season. FYI JM needs to be canned ASAP.  He is a total fool. 

I don't see them doing that unless McDaniels gets fired first. Unfortunately this regime isn't very good at being efficient with their assets. 

I think we’re in a Catch 22 situation with the whole firing staff, trading players and tanking possibility.

It all starts with Mark Davis, who imo will not fire Dave & Josh mid-season. IF he did, then sure, play O’Connell, trade Adams & anyone else you can get value for, lose some games and take a top QB. But I would guess he wont fire them.

And if he doesn’t fire them, then DZ/JM have no incentive to trade their best players or try and develop a rookie. They know they have to win now and won’t get a chance at a roster rebuild.

And if they’re trying to win, they will keep rolling out the known commodity in Jimmy over the unproven rookie. Again, I am not saying this is the correct route to take; but in needing to win NOW, it’s what they will do.

Tl;dr - unless Mark Davis fires McZieg in the very near future we won’t be going into a rebuild until the end of the season at the earliest.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NickButera said:

I don't see them doing that unless McDaniels gets fired first. Unfortunately this regime isn't very good at being efficient with their assets. 

I agree that Adams most likely won't get traded as long as JM is here because that would be admission that he is waiving the white flag.  If he does then there is no way he survives past this season.  Lloyd Christmas needs to grow a pair and cut bait with Jm in short order. Both JM and DZ need to be fired and we need a full reboot.  The product they have put on the field after two full off seasons is a total embarrassment.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I agree that Adams most likely won't get traded as long as JM is here because that would be admission that he is waiving the white flag.  If he does then there is no way he survives past this season.  Lloyd Christmas needs to grow a pair and cut bait with Jm in short order. Both JM and DZ need to be fired and we need a full reboot.  The product they have put on the field after two full off seasons is a total embarrassment.

One thing to keep saying it. Another to have an opinion on a succession plan. 

Who would you want taking over at GM/HC next season? 

No JMD haters seem to answer that question. Who in your opinion can turn this 20 year sinking ship around?

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

No JMD haters seem to answer that question. Who in your opinion can turn this 20 year sinking ship around?

I haven’t done any research as to who will be available and who the top options will be. If someone is a top candidate coming out of the SF coaching tree I would take a long hard look at them. 

5 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I haven’t done any research as to who will be available and who the top options will be. If someone is a top candidate coming out of the SF coaching tree I would take a long hard look at them. 

My short list I'd pay attention to:

Frank Smith - OC Dolphins - He was the TE coach here when Waller broke out.

Dan Quinn - DC Dallas - This is a pure, let's get some leadership on defense hire. Proven track and showed he can improve his scheme in Dallas

Ben Johnson - OC Lions - Probably going to be the hottest candidate this offseason

If you like hot young coordinators from the McVey/Shanahan tree:

Shane Waldron - OC Seahawks

Bobby Slowik - OC Texans - doing a nice job there already

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I do agree with this, the funny part is this is also what was said by some about QB which no one answered last year and look where that got us. 

need a plan, the problem is Mark goes all in on his hires. Then only talks to them about how to fix the team. He needs a trusted partner to help hire a GM and HC. I think he’s been trying to find help, it’s just not working out. 

But we need someone high up, to help Mark make these hires. 

Having a hard time seeing McDaniels get fired unless it becomes a dumpster fire for the full year. It's only been 3 weeks and a soft schedule coming up so it's possible we are 5-7 (and then 8-9 at the end) and that won't be enough for Mark Davis to fire and then pay McDaniels $10M for two more years in addition to a new coach. And frankly if Peters catches the pick six we might not be having this discussion. But here we are. Better or worse I think McDaniels gets one more year with his contract. I think we are stuck at HC/GM but QB will not be Jimmy G in 2024, that's my guess at this point.

Edited by justwinbaby81
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Penix, Ewers, Nix over sanders 

dude is a statue in the pocket average arm

Imma wait for your QB to put up 20 points before looking at your college qb rankings. 

a lot of talking was done this off-season. 

question for you, why do you think Jimmy all of a sudden can’t score points and is struggling to win? 

🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

For him to say that last line is pretty telling.

Wow myself and other posters been saying the same thing. Time waits for no man. Some of y’all think people have forever. Like you see with Chub your football career can be over in a play. You can’t sell guys on this just wait bs

11 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Another take on Caleb vs Maye, Caleb is 6” while Maye is 6’4”. The list of successful QB’s under 6’2” is no where near as large as QB’s 6’2” and taller. And Maye is smart as hell. And he’s a way better pure passer than Caleb, a true passing QB. You draft Caleb for that insane play extension ability and off-platform throws that just wow you, Mahomes-esque. But Maye is a better QB in every other category: Accuracy on all three levels. Scrambling. IQ. Much faster mental processor. Deep ball arm strength. Maye eclipses Caleb just about everywhere, and has prototypical NFL height. 

Can’t believe we are debating QB’s Week 3. 

Maye ain’t nowhere near CW, stop it