La Rams At Bengals MNF

MDY10

Refs missed:

Tutu getting held in the endzone as Stafford was throwing to him. Should’ve been 1st and goal on the one.

Tutu foot wasn’t out of bounds. Should’ve been a TD.

Logan didn’t cleanly catch his first int. Should’ve been 2nd and 10 for the Rams.

Now I can’t say whether or not the Bengals timeout was extremely late but if it was then Higbee scored the TD and that should’ve counted.

These refs need to be held accountable. I know everyone make mistakes but will the line be drawn from making a few mistakes to just it’s not acceptable? If a player or coaches make that many mistakes they are either benched or fired. Can’t keep having those refs back out of the field making all those mistakes especially critical ones.

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

Refs missed:

Tutu getting held in the endzone as Stafford was throwing to him. Should’ve been 1st and goal on the one.

Tutu foot wasn’t out of bounds. Should’ve been a TD.

Logan didn’t cleanly catch his first int. Should’ve been 2nd and 10 for the Rams.

Now I can’t say whether or not the Bengals timeout was extremely late but if it was then Higbee scored the TD and that should’ve counted.

These refs need to be held accountable. I know everyone make mistakes but will the line be drawn from making a few mistakes to just it’s not acceptable? If a player or coaches make that many mistakes they are either benched or fired. Can’t keep having those refs back out of the field making all those mistakes especially critical ones.

Tutu was definitely held in the endzone. Was a bad miss. But I don't know about the rest. 

If you held a gun to my head and made me pick was Tutu in or not I'd say he was probably out. It's tough to say we got hosed there when it was so close and it seems like at least something probably touched down out. Plus, we should have scored a TD regardless. Not scoring a TD there was directly on Stafford. 

On the Wilson pick, only 1 angle appeared to show movement by the ball. I can see the argument to reverse it but it was really close. 

Just now, LeotheLion said:

Tutu was definitely held in the endzone. Was a bad miss. But I don't know about the rest. 

If you held a gun to my head and made me pick was Tutu in or not I'd say he was probably out. It's tough to say we got hosed there when it was so close and it seems like at least something probably touched down out. Plus, we should have scored a TD regardless. Not scoring a TD there was directly on Stafford. 

On the Wilson pick, only 1 angle appeared to show movement by the ball. I can see the argument to reverse it but it was really close. 

Well I originally thought Tutu was in but then I was like if they called Amari Cooper out there is no way they will call Tutu in. Amari was definitely in easily and the refs called him out. I know those were different refs but I was looking at being consistent league wide and if they called Tutu in you know people would be saying "well in the Browns game they called Amari out etc..". I agree though we shouldve scored regardless being on the 2yd line. Just run the ball with Williams and I do think we score.

The Wilson pick they said it wasnt clear evidence which I could see. I think the ball hit the ground but if there was no clear evidence and they called it and int then it was going to stand. I can live with that one just bc we've seen that so many times and the call usually stood. 

Overall I think the refs did a poor job in that game still. Anytime you question a handful of decision in key spots to me its poor officiating imo. This game reminded me of the NFCCG against the Saints where the Rams were getting hosed throughout the game. Now they were able to overcome it and win it but still no way the refs shouldve missed so many calls.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Well I originally thought Tutu was in but then I was like if they called Amari Cooper out there is no way they will call Tutu in. Amari was definitely in easily and the refs called him out. I know those were different refs but I was looking at being consistent league wide and if they called Tutu in you know people would be saying "well in the Browns game they called Amari out etc..". I agree though we shouldve scored regardless being on the 2yd line. Just run the ball with Williams and I do think we score.

The Wilson pick they said it wasnt clear evidence which I could see. I think the ball hit the ground but if there was no clear evidence and they called it and int then it was going to stand. I can live with that one just bc we've seen that so many times and the call usually stood. 

Overall I think the refs did a poor job in that game still. Anytime you question a handful of decision in key spots to me its poor officiating imo. This game reminded me of the NFCCG against the Saints where the Rams were getting hosed throughout the game. Now they were able to overcome it and win it but still no way the refs shouldve missed so many calls.

I agree, not a great officiated game. I just don't see it as lopsided as some Ram fans. It probably skewed slightly worse in our favor but part of that was Cincy was playing more physical in the secondary and we weren't. 

6 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

There was clearer evidence of Wilson's pick hitting the ground without possession than Tutu being out. The calls should have gone the same way. Those calls not going the same way had an enormous impact on the game. That said, he could have won it and failed due to a combination of great defense from Cincy and baffling decisions from McVay.

On 9/26/2023 at 7:43 AM, stl4life07 said:

McVay still had the ball on the 2. RUN THE BALL AND PUNCH IT IN!! The Rams still score a TD and it dont matter that Tutu didnt get in. 

Even if he's hesitant to run Kyren in this type of scenario (which he hadn't shown thus far this season in doing since KW scored twice in Week 1 and once last week, IIRC, from short distance), Puka was utilized as a runner by BYU and not just as a gimmick type thing (he was getting 3-6 carries/game); yes, he's not a burner, but from the 2 you don't need a burner, you need a guy with vision that can make a cut, plant, and keep driving through the hole.  Puka can do that especially on a flip or push pass.

6 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

I agree, not a great officiated game. I just don't see it as lopsided as some Ram fans. It probably skewed slightly worse in our favor but part of that was Cincy was playing more physical in the secondary and we weren't. 

I agree.  The bigger bone to pick with the officials than the individual calls was one that, frankly, I was expecting to be the case going into the game as soon as it was announced that Burrow was going to play - it was effectively a known-entity that the Bengals' OL wasn't going to get called for post-snap penalties.  Pre-snap, you kind of have no excuse especially as blatant as some of the infractions were, but one of two of the more subtle false-starts I was actually shocked we were given.  I'm not saying it outright rigged, but it's a soft-lean where the league is protecting its investment (the primetime games the Bengals are scheduled for this season, Burrow's endorsements, etc) because those have near the effect if the Bengals are seen as a team that's more-likely-than-not on the outside looking in at the playoffs than a contender.  There was a concerted effort (and not just by the Bengals) to make sure that Joey B was hit as little as possible, so as to safeguard against him aggravating or reinjuring the calf.  It is what it is, which is standard faire treatment given to the league's endorsement/marketing popular QB's and it's been going on since the Peyton and Brady days - and even some before.

11 hours ago, jrry32 said:

There was clearer evidence of Wilson's pick hitting the ground without possession than Tutu being out. The calls should have gone the same way. Those calls not going the same way had an enormous impact on the game. That said, he could have won it and failed due to a combination of great defense from Cincy and baffling decisions from McVay.

Considering what we've seen of McVay the last few seasons, is it really that baffling that he went so pass heavy? lol It was right on schedule actually.

Run game working, facing a team bottom 31st in Opp rush yards per carry, one score game, LT goes down...and running the ball never even occurred to him. And no one in the booth upstairs had the balls to scream down STOP DROPPING BACK SEAN. lol