Sashi fired

sdrawkcab321

6 minutes ago, mistakey said:

they got fired right before they got to implement their self-described super critical mass of an offseason.  of course they havent lived up to the hype when they've been planning for 2018 and havent got to reap the benefits...

c'est la vie

If the plan was to wait till year 3 to get a franchise QB, then how did they know they would even be in a position to do so?  Did they know that it would be THIS bad?  Didn't they think there would be any progress made from year 1 till now?  Just because they would have had the ammo, doesn't mean they would have had a trading partner to move up.  They couldn't have possibly believed that they would be picking 1 overall in year 3 of a re-build.  If that was the plan....to suck this bad for this long, and THEN get the QB????  It was a flawed plan.

3 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

How many years in a row have we had drafts, where we said it will take at least 2 to 3 years to figure out if this is gonna be good, only to find out that it wasn't good?  We have gone through several regimes, and I have seen plenty of people on this site, talk up how good we are (or are going to be)  and then...poof.....it's the same ol same ol.

Then we blame the coaches for not having developed this awesome talent, and guys like Mingo, and Richardson, and Weeden go on to have stellar careers right?

What we have right now is a very below average team, because of poor coaching, and yes... believe it or not....poor talent.  That's not to say that we don't have ANY talent.  We are going to look back....(like we always do) and say....damn...Coleman is just a guy...Ogbah is just a guy.

Sashi made the cardinal mistake of "when you don't have a QB....you get a QB"  It's really as simple as that.  Maybe this "so called" talent will look much better being lead by a stud QB.  Only time will tell.

What do previous GM's have to do with Sashi?

Firing a GM after 2 years because you feel they've drafted poorly is the height of stupidity, especially when they've looked toward the future with so many picks.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

What do previous GM's have to do with Sashi?

Firing a GM after 2 years because you feel they've drafted poorly is the height of stupidity, especially when they've looked toward the future with so many picks.

Wait what???  Firing a GM because they have drafted poorly is stupid?????

6 minutes ago, Kathouse Sticks said:

May I ask something?  I don't get on here too often.  From reading posts, it appears that there is the camp that likes what Sashi did in acquiring picks, salary cap, etc, and should have been retained.  There are those who feel like he gave Hue nothing to work with, and should have been fired.  I think some of both, but more of the latter, and since he was responsible for the roster, he had to go.  We have to do something with those picks sometime, and I think Sashii had to be fired.  So, now you get to Hue.  Either Hue has the talent to win with this team, or he does not.  Is that fair to say?  Okay, so the question is this:  Could (take your pick- Cowher, Shula, Lombardi, Andy Reid, whomever your highest regarded head NFL coach is)...Could that coach win with this roster right now?  I'm interested to see what you all think.  I don't think so.  How many games would Marty have won with this team?  3? 4?  Gee, that's just what we want!  No.  Look, I think we have some good, young players, but man, the talent to compete and win, is just not here-at this point in time.  I would LOVE to see this year's team have played their games with Watson?  Trubisky?  See if that really would have made a difference.

It's not about making the Super Bowl with this team.  I don't think anyone on here is arguing that we would have been a playoff team, but we are arguing that there is enough talent not to have 0 wins.  Without Andrew luck the Colts have less talent than we do, and they have a few wins.  When Sashi took over we were coming off having the most expensive defense in the NFL that was ranked dead last.  We had drafted players like Mingo, Erving,  Gilbert, and Manziel who were all still on the roster.  Our team was a cluster.  He could have very well added some medeocre talent and had this team winning 6-7 games in no time, but we would have been stuck there for years because of contracts to players who weren't really worth it.  The plan Depodesta had may have been the best thing for us, completely dump it all, and start to acquire future assents and build this team through the draft and over the long haul, so we could be more competitive in the long run, not in a year or two.

That being said our coach was more terrible than he though, throwing players under the bus left and right and constantly blaming the front office, while making bad calls on the field and not helping us win games, and the owner wasn't as patient as he needed to be for this rebuild.

You can blame sashi all you want for who he drafted, but Coleman, Garrett, Peppers, Njoku, and Ogbah ALREADY look better than anything the last 3 front offices have drafted us.  When you get a team whos most recent aquisitions were Ricardson, Weeden, Mingo, Gilbert, Manziel, and Erving (we also drafted Shelton, so yes, there's 1 good pick out of 7), he looks a HELL of a lot more capable than anyone we had before....

3 minutes ago, Kathouse Sticks said:

May I ask something?  I don't get on here too often.  From reading posts, it appears that there is the camp that likes what Sashi did in acquiring picks, salary cap, etc, and should have been retained.  There are those who feel like he gave Hue nothing to work with, and should have been fired.  I think some of both, but more of the latter, and since he was responsible for the roster, he had to go.  We have to do something with those picks sometime, and I think Sashii had to be fired.  So, now you get to Hue.  Either Hue has the talent to win with this team, or he does not.  Is that fair to say?  Okay, so the question is this:  Could (take your pick- Cowher, Shula, Lombardi, Andy Reid, whomever your highest regarded head NFL coach is)...Could that coach win with this roster right now?  I'm interested to see what you all think.  I don't think so.  How many games would Marty have won with this team?  3? 4?  Gee, that's just what we want!  No.  Look, I think we have some good, young players, but man, the talent to compete and win, is just not here-at this point in time.  I would LOVE to see this year's team have played their games with Watson?  Trubisky?  See if that really would have made a difference.

i think you can clearly see the difference in HOU with watson and without watson.  
Watson starts:
3-3
without watson
1-5

Cleveland Browns with Josh Gordon should be relatively close to the Houston Texans without Deshaun watson
Can Hue win one game? 
Yeah, a QB would make a difference with this roster! His name is Josh Rosen.  And if Sush dog hadn't tanked it, it woulda been AJ McCarron :(

Talking about Hue and QBs...

Mike Silver on Hue Jackson @ 12 last year:

There was 1 coach at Carson Wentz's Pro Day.
It was Hue Jackson.

Hue didnt want these guys.
Sashi takes his QB Guru's advice and then gets canned.  

Here's the thing that irks me more than anything.

We HAD to have known it would have been a process right?  We were coming off some of the worst drafts not in franchise history but the history of the NFL.  Sashi was given 2 years after they KNEW it had to be a long process, despite Haslem preaching continuity.  But who was the ONLY one not to freak out and make moves because they were in panic mode?  Sashi has kept a level head and made the moves that he thought were right for the team based on the long draft overhaul...

Hue? Yanking Kizer in and out of games desperately trying to win games now.  Having a team that is build for running the ball but throwing 50+ times a game because we go down by a touchdown.  The attempt to trade for AJ McCarron despite not being worth what he was being traded for and him becoming a free agent in a few years.  Constantly hinting in his post game comments and through the media how he is "doing the best with what he has" and "having no talent around him" while pointing out that he wanted literally every QB that has looked good, but hasn't said a word about wanting the ones that didn't turn out like Trubisky or Lynch.

We have one person who has stuck to his guns and followed the plan, and one who has done nothing but panic and blame everyone else.

And who's out the door....

This is just absurd....

10 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

If the plan was to wait till year 3 to get a franchise QB, then how did they know they would even be in a position to do so?  Did they know that it would be THIS bad?  Didn't they think there would be any progress made from year 1 till now?  Just because they would have had the ammo, doesn't mean they would have had a trading partner to move up.  They couldn't have possibly believed that they would be picking 1 overall in year 3 of a re-build.  If that was the plan....to suck this bad for this long, and THEN get the QB????  It was a flawed plan.

no the plan was to get the QB that Hue wanted without making dumb Washington Redskins-like-moves by trading 3 first round picks to move up to #1 to get Jared Goff.

hue didnt want wentz
hue didnt want watson

Criticize Sushi for not trading up to secure Mahomes, although Mahomes has yet to play so we'll see what happens there, whether or not it was a bad move

we finally get our qb.
sush dog wont get any of the credit tho.

2 minutes ago, mistakey said:

no the plan was to get the QB that Hue wanted without making dumb Washington Redskins-like-moves by trading 3 first round picks to move up to #1 to get Jared Goff.

hue didnt want wentz
hue didnt want watson

Criticize Sushi for not trading up to secure Mahomes, although Mahomes has yet to play so we'll see what happens there, whether or not it was a bad move

we finally get our qb.
sush dog wont get any of the credit tho.

I don't believe you answered my question???

We drafted a QB in round 3 Sashi's first year

We drafted a QB in round 2 Sashi's second year 

all while having very high picks

and then magically in year 3, the plan was to take one VERY VERY HIGH in the first round?????  GTFO

1 minute ago, big poppa pump said:

I don't believe you answered my question???

We drafted a QB in round 3 Sashi's first year

We drafted a QB in round 2 Sashi's second year 

all while having very high picks

and then magically in year 3, the plan was to take one VERY VERY HIGH in the first round?????  GTFO

no i answered your question.  you didnt like my answer.  you didnt like that it may not be entirely sushi's fault that we dont have a qb because he listened to the QB guru who's still here.  Sure makes you feel good about our pick next year doesnt it?

22 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

No their plan wasn’t to wait until year three to a get a qb necessarily. Their plan was to build up the roster and then get the qb. Dline is in good shape. Oline is in good shape. More than likely they would have gotten a FA wr and been in really good shape to get a qb. lo and behold we are in position to draft a good qb high in the draft THIS year. He will be put into a really good foundation by the FO you wanted fired. AND we have tons of money AND tons of draft capital to build around that qb for YEARS to come. Sounds a whole lot like another successful franchise I know. Or two. You can complain all you want about a lack of talent, great that’s your opinion. There is definitely enough talent to win a game or two which hue has failed to do. 

33 minutes ago, Kathouse Sticks said:

There is also another group (LETSGOBROWNIES, party of one) who didn't want to can anyone and believed the record was due to the process more so than incompetence and was cool with where we were headed.

Hue wasn't going to win with this roster, nobody would, but this roster isn't being built to win in 2017 so I'm not sure why that matters.

Oh well, doesn't matter now.

I'm rooting for Hue to win and hope he does great, but he's now officially out of scapegoats.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

There is also another group (LETSGOBROWNIES, party of one) who didn't want to can anyone and believed the record was due to the process more so than incompetence and was cool with where we were headed.

Hue wasn't going to win with this roster, nobody would, but this roster isn't being built to win in 2017 so I'm not sure why that matters.

Oh well, doesn't matter now.

I'm rooting for Hue to win and hope he does great, but he's now officially out of scapegoats.

did you see what hue said about not hiring an OC
what a gracious guy

Archived