Sashi fired

sdrawkcab321

Brethern I fear today will be known for ever as a day of infamy for our beloved Loland Browns.
this is the firing of Bill Belichick all the f over again. Today I know we got poorer as a franchise. 

In 5-10 years time Sachi Brown will be holding a Lomabrdi trophy. 

We will still be floundering around doing sweet FA looking forward too next year. 

Sachi was not a complete GM by any stretch, he needed a performance review not to get fired. 

I think he failed in two key area's, we have had the worst RB and WR's in the NFL for much of the season. 

He could not buold bridges to work with the Coaching staff. 

Those 20 pages was a lot of reading.  My comment will echo what others have said, how do we not fire Hue as well when he coaches the team to this record .  After the jets game, I was done with his decisions on the field.  

Feel bad for sashi to not get to see his plan through.   Maybe he wasnt ever going to be great but to get the carpet pullsd out from under you before two years is up is rough.  And I thought Haslam said no major chamges this year cause this year was still rebuilding and that next year was the big jump we are waiting for?

46 minutes ago, Powertower said:

Those 20 pages was a lot of reading.  My comment will echo what others have said, how do we not fire Hue as well when he coaches the team to this record .  After the jets game, I was done with his decisions on the field.  

Feel bad for sashi to not get to see his plan through.   Maybe he wasnt ever going to be great but to get the carpet pullsd out from under you before two years is up is rough.  And I thought Haslam said no major chamges this year cause this year was still rebuilding and that next year was the big jump we are waiting for?

I agree, firing GM's after 2 seasons is awfully weird, but that is what you get with an incompetent owner, and it was called for. Sashi took on a rebuild, and rebuilding teams usually show improvement in year 2, they do not go from 1-15 to a possible 0-16, that's not a rebuild, that's a disaster in the making.

Let's look at his record:

He failed to find a franchise QB, the #1 priority for any GM, worse yet, he had a shot at drafting 2 and passed on both, raising real concerns about his ability to judge talent.

In 2 drafts, the only impact player we drafted is Garrett and that had little to do with his talent for appraising prospects. It was strictly a no brainer!

He wasted a 2nd rounder on a QB who will never cut the metal, our offense is beyond bad, it may well be the worst in NFL history.

Actually, for the owner, selling season tickets is the #1 priority for a GM, and I have to believe, we would have struggled to do so this coming season.

So, he fail;ed miserably in the 2 areas where a GM simply must get the job done, if he wants to keep his job!

At least, he left Dorsey with the potential for a fast rebuild, but it will also depend on how good a talent appraiser he is, he has the picks, now go get the talent!!!!

5 hours ago, mistakey said:

when you have 6.5 sacks and are a killer run stopper in your 2nd season?
how can you say they didn't get drafting right? theres a very good chance that the people they draft turn out to be bonafide good players in this league at a higher rate than most teams. 

why am i even trying
you wont agree nor will you ever
you'll praise the next gm for nailing sushi's crown jewel draft and the team that he built in 2016 and 2017 that got better in 2018 and 2019

That's not an absurd success rate.  There's a couple of guys that are good.  There's a ton of guys we have been forced to play a lot because they competed with nobody for their respective roles and have been awful.  I give him credit for Ogbah, Kindred, Garrett, and Ogunjobi.  The jury is out on everybody else.

6 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

That's not an absurd success rate.  There's a couple of guys that are good.  There's a ton of guys we have been forced to play a lot because they competed with nobody for their respective roles and have been awful.  I give him credit for Ogbah, Kindred, Garrett, and Ogunjobi.  The jury is out on everybody else.

Go and look at other teams’ drafts.  People underestimate their own disliked gms and overrate other teams’ that they are envious of.

18 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Unfortunately it may work as long as we the fans buy merchandise and tickets.

I hate to call for a boycott...but...

In all seriousness, I will invest my time and energy into watching/talking about them, but I'm not buying any more gear or tickets until they right this thing. Jimmy's not getting richer off of me.

I haven't given them a dime since Pettine's 1st season when they were still marginally in the playoff hunt - they don't deserve it until they show organizational competency.

18 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

This is the equivalent of reading the first few chapters of a book and determining it sucks.

Maybe it does, but maybe it really picks up and has a great ending.

I guess we'll never know.  

Dude set us up with a 6 top 65 picks and 100 million in cap space and we canned him. I'm glad someone is happy about it.

I'm hoping Dorsey keeps on a contingent of the analytics department currently in the Front Office. It doesn't have to be one or the other (football guys or analytics guys), it should be the right mix of talented guys in each field in roles that fit their strengths. 

11 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Brethern I fear today will be known for ever as a day of infamy for our beloved Loland Browns.
this is the firing of Bill Belichick all the f over again. Today I know we got poorer as a franchise. 

In 5-10 years time Sachi Brown will be holding a Lomabrdi trophy. 

We will still be floundering around doing sweet FA looking forward too next year. 

Sachi was not a complete GM by any stretch, he needed a performance review not to get fired. 

I think he failed in two key area's, we have had the worst RB and WR's in the NFL for much of the season. 

He could not buold bridges to work with the Coaching staff. 

Are you serious, or is this a bit of disappointed hyperbole? Belichick won super bowls with the Giants before he came to Cleveland, Sashi had a losing record as part of Jacksonville and Cleveland front offices before he was handed the keys to the entire car, and continued to have a losing record. I was on record for giving him & is rebuild another year, but let's not pretend the guy turned water into wine, or in fact was ever a winner. He was good at managing the salary cap and contracts (though one could argue what's the point of having all this cap room if what you have to show for it is a 1-27 record).

Also you forgot to mention the biggest key area he failed in: drafting Wentz to really kick start his rebuild the right way with a franchise QB, and also subsequently failing to procure one since that epic mistake. Again, an avalanche of picks and cap space isn't going to do any good without getting that cornerstone in place ASAP as part of your rebuild.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2016/04/30/patriots-draft-9-players-make-3-trades-at-2016-nfl-draft/

man this 2016 patriots draft looks like a killer
http://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/18570/2016-pittsburgh-steelers-draft-picks-analysis-for-every-selection
2016 steelers really outdid us by a BUNCH

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Top-Question-For-Each-2016-Ravens-Draft-Pick/beb2c1f4-e0f9-4997-8b7e-b857f843982a
2016 ravens really out did us too

(i bet you ravens/pats/steelers fans will come in here and say their 3-5 rounds picks show promise and are actuatlly good kind of like we have to do for shon coleman and joe schobert and derrick kindred)

Archived