Sashi fired

sdrawkcab321

46 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

If the plan was to wait till year 3 to get a franchise QB, then how did they know they would even be in a position to do so?  Did they know that it would be THIS bad?  Didn't they think there would be any progress made from year 1 till now?  Just because they would have had the ammo, doesn't mean they would have had a trading partner to move up.  They couldn't have possibly believed that they would be picking 1 overall in year 3 of a re-build.  If that was the plan....to suck this bad for this long, and THEN get the QB????  It was a flawed plan.

They prolly hoped Hue would of done a better job and maybe coaches the browns to a win or too. We have seen plenty of times that talent can win you games and coaching can win you games. There have been plenty of close games over the past two years year that could have been won if coaching was better. There would of been more too if there was more talent. You look at how the roster has been set up that they were going to be bad and have ammo to trade up. 

Also with hue there have been plenty of issues with his performance that is outside the talent of his players. 

5 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

I don't believe you answered my question???

We drafted a QB in round 3 Sashi's first year

We drafted a QB in round 2 Sashi's second year 

all while having very high picks

and then magically in year 3, the plan was to take one VERY VERY HIGH in the first round?????  GTFO

There was no guarantee , but it makes sense, when building a team from the ground up, to not waist valuable assets in the draft unless you are sure of them.

Gah its so easy to look back right now and say "You're dumb for not taking Wentz or Watson" but 1 you don't know that they would have worked out with what everyone seems to be enjoying calling a talent-less roster.  and 2 they were not a sure thing when they came out anyway...

We could have just as easily ended up with Blake Bortles and Paxton Lynch and hind site people would be complaining that they took QB's too early, or they suck at evaluating.

They could have taken Wentz or Watson and if they didn't pan out everyone would be screaming for being the same old browns and sucking at evaluating talent.  (Hue has not made the system easier for a QB success in cleveland when thats all philly and Houston have been doing to acclimate their players to the league, take some time and listen to Cian Fayhe if you need convincing)

We spent time acquiring assets, and the idea that there is a higher chance you pick good players with more draft picks than Just 1 makes a lot of sense, and is a good way to build a team.  It might mean the team takes a while to build, but everyone says building through the draft is how to create a successful team, and that is exactly what we have been doing.

Also you had a great time bashing sashi for drafting poorly in his two years...But please tell me how our previous regimes have been better? Please tell me you think this list of first rounders from 2011 - 2015

Phil Taylor, Trent Richardson, Brandon Weeden, Barkevious Mingo, Justin Gilbert, Danny Shelton and Cam Erving

Are better than who this current regime drafted in the last 2 years

Corey Coleman, Myles Garrett, Jabril Peppers, David Njoku

Please tell me how the free agent signings and trades have been better

Tell me how Dante Whitner,  Karlos Dansby, Dwayne Bowe, Paul Kruger, Desmond Bryant, Myles Austin, Andrew Hawkins, Randy Starks, and Tramon Williams were all players that were moving us in the right direction...

And how Jamie Collins, Jamar Taylor, Jason McCourty, JC Tretter, Kenny Britt, Brandon Colquitt and Kevin Zeitler are all garbage.

1 - Hindsight is 20-20 and your comparing apples to oranges with QB's.  No they haven't drafted one but we are certainly set up to do so now

2 - this is not a talent-less roster, its a ridiculously young roster with little help from coaching

3 - The drafts may not have produced constant pro-bowlers but its only been 2 years and its been better than we have

4 - You're happy now right? we got rid of the guy you thought sucked? can you please just enjoy it and not jump all over everyone else for being upset.  Enjoy the fact that we have a young team that could be promising, and the #1 draft pick in a draft that seems littered with good QB's so you will get what you want now right? We have 120 million and the new GM will spend that money to bring in difference makers right? we have 6 picks in the top 65 that we can use to get more players with someone who has to be able to draft better than sashi right? Just enjoy it!

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

@buno67 essentially he didn't want to hire an OC with such putrid talent because he wanted to take the blame himself and not have the OC appear responsible.

Sounds to me like he’s trying to put a martyr’s spin on a pride-based decision of not wanting to give up the reigns.

On my phone and I’m a dumb operator of this smart phone so don’t know how to quote.

Sashi just realeased a statement. Basically  took some responsibility for the record, but said the team is well set up to turn it around and that will be a bitter sweet moment 

27 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

There is also another group (LETSGOBROWNIES, party of one) who didn't want to can anyone and believed the record was due to the process more so than incompetence and was cool with where we were headed.

Hue wasn't going to win with this roster, nobody would, but this roster isn't being built to win in 2017 so I'm not sure why that matters.

Oh well, doesn't matter now.

I'm rooting for Hue to win and hope he does great, but he's now officially out of scapegoats.

Believe it or not despite what I’ve said in here, I still think the best thing to do was give everyone another year. I think sashi has done a pretty good job. And despite the crap we see from Hue, these guys are still playing hard fo him.  

Archived