Sashi fired

sdrawkcab321

6 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

So if we have no talent we may as well start over.

Trade Ogbah for a 7th. Garrett for a 6th. Shelton for a 7th. Kirksey for a 6th. Ogunjobi for a future 7th. Collins for a 6th. Shobert for a 7th. McCourty for a 6th. BBC for a 7th. Peppers for a 6th. Taylor for a 7th. Duke Johnson for a 7th. Gordon for a 6th. Corey Coleman for a 7th. Njoku for a 7th. Joe Thomas for a 6th. Bitonio for a 6th. Tretter for a 7th. Zeitler for a 6th.

This would be a good route to get the no talent players off of the team right?

This is my biggest reason for not wanting change

1 hour ago, big poppa pump said:

It didn't have to be a bunch of 21 year olds.  They could have, and should have provided the 21 year olds with enough veteran leadership. 

I completely understand that drafting, and especially the drafting of a QB is tedious business.  These guys did NOT GET IT RIGHT.  I want the GM that WILL GET IT RIGHT.  Is that too much to ask for???

Since when is 5 or 6 sacks a year good???  Just curious

when you have 6.5 sacks and are a killer run stopper in your 2nd season?
how can you say they didn't get drafting right? theres a very good chance that the people they draft turn out to be bonafide good players in this league at a higher rate than most teams. 

why am i even trying
you wont agree nor will you ever
you'll praise the next gm for nailing sushi's crown jewel draft and the team that he built in 2016 and 2017 that got better in 2018 and 2019

5 minutes ago, mistakey said:

when you have 6.5 sacks and are a killer run stopper in your 2nd season?
how can you say they didn't get drafting right? theres a very good chance that the people they draft turn out to be bonafide good players in this league at a higher rate than most teams. 

why am i even trying
you wont agree nor will you ever
you'll praise the next gm for nailing sushi's crown jewel draft and the team that he built in 2016 and 2017 that got better in 2018 and 2019

And if the next gm DOES nail the draft...you will say Sashi could have done that..so ur right...no point arguing about it

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I can't even....

Have fun with the straw man nonsense.

I actually want to team up with you and argue with you right now. I don't know though I don't want to rip a hole in the universe or anything crazy.

8 hours ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Any chance that Jimmy Truckstop is smarter than we're giving him credit for, and this was his plan all along?  Get the young kid (who'll likely get another shot with another club as capologist) to vivisect our roster, give us as much draft capital and picks as possible, and then turn the entire proceeds of that process over to someone that had a great track record of scouting and drafting quality players?

Andre Knott just speculated this exact thing on Browns Red Zone.  He's bald, I'm bald.  Great, shiny minds think alike?

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

There is also another group (LETSGOBROWNIES, party of one) who didn't want to can anyone and believed the record was due to the process more so than incompetence and was cool with where we were headed.

Hue wasn't going to win with this roster, nobody would, but this roster isn't being built to win in 2017 so I'm not sure why that matters.

Oh well, doesn't matter now.

I'm rooting for Hue to win and hope he does great, but he's now officially out of scapegoats.

So, that is my point. Hue couldn’t win with this roster because it lacks enough talent to win. We don’t have players on this team that can make plays. It is evident, and Hue even says this (l may get ripped for saying that), but the truth is we do not have NFL caliber playmakers. We need them. You guys watch the games. Tell me when was the last time you saw a Cleveland Browns blitz that resulted in a blitzer actually reaching the quarterback?  The last one I remember is the strip sack of Bortles. But invariably, we could blitz eight and still not get to the quarterback, and on the rare occasion we do, we either run right past him or fail to tackle him. Now is that scheme (coaching), talent or both?  

Now for the front office, we talk about picks, missed picks, and so forth. What about the letting Pryor walk and replacing him with Kenny Britt?  Now who among you thinks that is a good idea?  Or perhaps Ricardo Louis, Rashard Higgins sounds good?  And let’s talk about letting Gipson, Benjamin, Mack, and the worst one of all, Schwartz, leave via free agency. Gee, it wasn’t like we didn’t have the money to sign them. Now I know Mack was leaving regardless. But what about the others. Would our roster not be better with the other four instead of what we replaced them with. Oh, and someone earlier was mentioning how the Jets were supposed to suck up the joint with talent worse than ours. They may have a worse roster than us. But you know what they DO have?  Consistent QB play that is helping them win from (gasp!) Josh McCown, who I think could and should still be on OUR roster. Those are some reasons why Sashi had to go, in my opinion. Give us McCown’s level of play this year and how many games do we have in the win column?

I'm not sure what your point is with some of this?  Did the front office whiff on some free agents and picks? Yeah.  Show me one that doesn't.

I'm not going to write an essay breaking down your wall of text, let's just say I disagree for reasons that have been explained ad nauseum throughout this and other threads.

1 hour ago, big poppa pump said:

And if the next gm DOES nail the draft...you will say Sashi could have done that..so ur right...no point arguing about it

The next gm not nailing Sashi's served up on a platter draft scenario might well prove to be Haslam's greatest failure. 

I wanted us to get a football guy to help Sashi with this draft.

But I think Sashi deserved the opportunity to reap what he sowed.

1 minute ago, bruceb said:

The next gm not nailing Sashi's served up on a platter draft scenario might well prove to be Haslam's greatest failure. 

I wanted us to get a football guy to help Sashi with this draft.

But I think Sashi deserved the opportunity to reap what he sowed.

Yeah that’s what I wanted too. Looks like sashi (ultra organized can handle business) matched with Dorsey (good scout not so good with organization) would have been a perfect match. 

Maybe sashi didn’t want that?

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I'm not sure what your point is with some of this?  Did the front office whiff on some free agents and picks? Yeah.  Show me one that doesn't.

I'm not going to write an essay breaking down your wall of text, let's just say I disagree for reasons that have been explained ad nauseum throughout this and other threads.

Some people unfortunately need more than ad nauseum around here. 

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Just that why let our home grown talent get away and then have to start over by either A) having to use a draft pick to replace something we already had, or B) signing a far inferior FA replacement. And I’m not saying we don’t have talent, I’m just saying we don’t have enough NFL elite talent. And in my opinion, that was Sashi’s fail. As for all of this being discussed before, I don’t get on here that much, and I agree, the Browns play this year has made me nauseous, as well. 

4 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Yeah that’s what I wanted too. Looks like sashi (ultra organized can handle business) matched with Dorsey (good scout not so good with organization) would have been a perfect match. 

Maybe sashi didn’t want that?

Could be.

Still can't understand keeping Jackson, unless his exit is part of the process. 

Archived