Favorite Sketch Comedies

Malfatron

Channel 101 isn't a show and isn't exactly sketch, but a similar concept. Anyone can make and submit a 5 minute pilot, 10ish get shown every month and then 5 of those get voted to make another episode until it gets voted out. 

Curt.com is a new one I got some laughs out of.. classics include Yacht Rock, Water & Power, and I Love the 30s

ITYSL and The State are my all-time favorites. One that I haven't seen mentioned yet is The Birthday Boys. Short lived series on IFC that was championed by Bob Odenkirk. They have some really great sketches, and members from the Birthday Boys went off to create some popular podcasts, including The Sloppy Boys and Dough Boys.

'Moms' is brilliant, dude hired a bunch of bottom tier middle aged actors to play the mothers of his friend group and forced them to react on the spot to all the heinous sh*t they were saying.- (NSFW)

The Jim Norton Show was another failed project by Jim, but I always though this sketch was kind of funny. It featured his famous creepy uncle character and some other comedians.- 

Sometimes funnier than a sketch itself is finding out insane ideas that were rejected and were never turned into a full bit. This idea pitched by Artie Lange(Formerly Mad TV, a couple movies, and 3rd mic on the Howard Stern Show) to Mad TV might have gone down in history as one of the most offensive entertainment offerings of all time. Norm MacDonald(RIP) throws Artie under the bus here and gets Artie to reveal his rejected pitch. Norm finding so much humor in how crazy the concept was makes the clip even funnier.-

These Canadian PSAs are actually intended to be serious and were created by an activist group, but they became famous internationally because they're so over the top that they resemble sketch comedy.-

• 1 month later...
On 10/16/2023 at 12:36 PM, MKnight82 said:

There's Chapelle Show and then there's everything else. One that no one else has mentioned is the Tom Green show from the 90s. 

That's because there was absolutely nothing funny about Tom Green... His stand-up, his show, his movies...I never understood how anyone found him funny but I've never really been into the "so dumb it's funny" kind of comedy (like Napoleon dynamite... That movie sucked)