In Flores We Trust - How Good Can This Defense Be?

cconocool

28 minutes ago, Sad People said:

THERES NOTHING WRONG WITH PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT DEFENSIVE PLAYERS IN A THREAD ABOUT THE DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR.

WHY ARE WE YELLING?

Because some people can’t help but talk about drafting offensive linemen that the Vikings didn’t draft in a thread about the DC. And every other thread.

Edited by JDBrocks
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Because some people can’t help but talk about drafting offensive linemen that the Vikings didn’t draft in a thread about the DC. And every other thread.

It was one paragraph and the last paragraph outta like 8 that mentioned OL. It isnt that egregious. Now if that entire post was about offensive players then  yeah call em out and mention it isnt the correct place but it wasnt.

Edited by Sad People
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sad People said:

It was one paragraph and the last paragraph outta like 8 that mentioned OL. It isnt that egregious. Now if that entire post was about offensive players then  yeah call em out and mention it isnt the correct place but it wasnt.

This is not isolated to this thread, and we don’t have moderators around these parts. Sorry dude, some folks need more reminders than others. Feel free to scroll past if it’s not about you 👍

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

This is not isolated to this thread, and we don’t have moderators around these parts. Sorry dude, some folks need more reminders than others. Feel free to scroll past if it’s not about you 👍

It aint that egregious my dude.

FeEl FrEe To ScrOlL PaSt If ItS NoT On ToPiC

• Like 1

4 hours ago, viking said:

I definitely approve of Flores and I think it's undisputable that the defense is better than last year.

I think the D is still missing an impact player on each level of the defense to be good however.  

The bar was so low with Donatells defense and Zimmer’s defense towards the end, there was only one way up. I love the aggressive style of defense Flores runs, it’s refreshing after watching Donatell and Zimmer play things so vanilla. 

Still have a ways to go however. The DL needs a complete overhaul, probably need a new edge to replace Hunter and definitely need a #1 CB.

• Like 4

Flores has brought an intensity to the defense that's been lacking since early in Zimmer's tenure. I don't think he even needs elite talent to produce a top defense, but he needs a lot more talent than they currently have. The defensive line has to be priority number one in the offseason. We simply don't have any talent there. Phillips should be the third best player on your DL. Not your best player. Lowry should be in a rotation. Nothing more. 

• Like 4

I was hopeful about Lowry, but he's been miserable. Keeping Tomlinson would have been huge for this defense. I'm still hopeful that they will make a big push for Wilkins from Miami. Phillips, Wilkins, and maybe Roy continuing his upward trajectory will help. They just need depth on the DL and I think CB play will be better.

29 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

I was hopeful about Lowry, but he's been miserable. Keeping Tomlinson would have been huge for this defense. I'm still hopeful that they will make a big push for Wilkins from Miami. Phillips, Wilkins, and maybe Roy continuing his upward trajectory will help. They just need depth on the DL and I think CB play will be better.

Blackmon & Evans have plenty to learn and talent to progress as players.

I'm still holding out hope Cine & Booth can turn into plus rotational players.

Getting talent in the front 7 will help all four of these players realise their potential for sure

• Like 1