Week 5: San Francisco 49ers vs Dallas Cowboys

J-ALL-DAY

2 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Ruiz. I love Jonnydel's content. 

Same here, now this Ruiz guy says we can't win the SB with Purdy, and if we do he'll stop covering the NFL, I hope Purdy & the 49ers shut naysayers and haters up, and we win it all.

30 minutes ago, 49erscap said:

Same here, now this Ruiz guy says we can't win the SB with Purdy, and if we do he'll stop covering the NFL, I hope Purdy & the 49ers shut naysayers and haters up, and we win it all.

With the amount of content out there I only consume the things that I enjoy.  JohnnyDel's breakdowns are my favorite, I like John Chapman in the offseason, Sometimes I listen to Maiocco for filler.  The only time I comment or talk about the team is with you guys.  It keeps me from absorbing too many crappy hot takes.  The hot take culture has made the majority of sports commentary annoying to watch.

Horrible opinions are rewarded by the media, and I will not be a part of it.  I don't need someone to shout at my facebook about how Shanahan should be fired for Trey Lance, or people who don't watch Purdy talk about how he plays based on something they imagined.  There is a lot of garbage out there.  At least 9er fans have a solid cap guy with dependable cap information they can go to as well!

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

With the amount of content out there I only consume the things that I enjoy.  JohnnyDel's breakdowns are my favorite, I like John Chapman in the offseason, Sometimes I listen to Maiocco for filler.  The only time I comment or talk about the team is with you guys.  It keeps me from absorbing too many crappy hot takes.  The hot take culture has made the majority of sports commentary annoying to watch.

Horrible opinions are rewarded by the media, and I will not be a part of it.  I don't need someone to shout at my facebook about how Shanahan should be fired for Trey Lance, or people who don't watch Purdy talk about how he plays based on something they imagined.  There is a lot of garbage out there.  At least 9er fans have a solid cap guy with dependable cap information they can go to as well!

Agreed, love Jonny's stuff, same with Chapman, been on both of their podcasts. And thanks appreciate the love.

52 minutes ago, 49erscap said:

Even for a sensationalist, it's just a bizarre way to go down with the ship. Worse quarterbacks on less stacked squads have won a SB. The 49ers have been putting up 30 points a game in the majority of Purdy's starts. There's nothing to say the the 49ers can't win one with him as triggerman. Especially when he's looking like one of the better starters in the league. If Ruiz is going to become the villain, he needs to do a better job. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

This game is essentially going to come down to our RZ defense vs their RZ offense. With our style of defense and their style of offense, it's going to lead to a bunch of 3rd and shorts that they convert. But can they finish drives with 7 instead of 3? If we keep holding them to FGs, then eventually at some point we will pull away. 

BTW, sucks for Kerry Hyder Jr. that he got the axe in order to get Randy Gregory in the building. He'll always be one of my favorite hustle-bears to wear the red, and gold. Hopefully he finds another opportunity elsewhere. Even if he was never a megastar, he's come a long way as an UDFA.

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

BTW, sucks for Kerry Hyder Jr. that he got the axe in order to get Randy Gregory in the building. He'll always be one of my favorite hustle-bears to wear the red, and gold. Hopefully he finds another opportunity elsewhere. Even if he was never a megastar, he's come a long way as an UDFA.

If he clears waivers can we put him on the practice squad?