Week 5: San Francisco 49ers vs Dallas Cowboys

J-ALL-DAY

18 hours ago, Forge said:

But it was an entertaining couple of minutes. He really went off on the pass to Aiyuk against Arizona and how it was a terrible pass, badly underthrown (during the live broadcast I thought Aiyuk was running a skinny post and that Purdy flattened the route to make the pass, however when you watch the end zone view of the throw, it does look like that ball just dies in the air as Aiyuk appears to make a rather sudden, jerky adjustment.  It's possible he just had trouble tracking it to start with, though.  I won't say that Ruiz was wrong about it being badly underthrown and he just got lucky since i think either are options). He said he felt like he was being gaslighted and how niners fans are basically trying to tell him that Purdy can tell the future LOL. I mean, it was a pretty funny diatribe. 

I think Purdy Was throwing the ball away from the trail defender.  The Deep 1 started out like he was going to play a shallow hook/curl zone or blitz, but he hit the turbo button and went straight back to cover the deep 1.  I don't think Purdy knew that the deep 1 would be there.  It's possible this is something they practice because Turbo button wasn't in a position to make a play on the ball.  He was going too fast facing the wrong direction.  Not his best read, but the throw worked out really well.

At this point, I like the hate.  It plays into Purdy's ah shucks attitude. He just goes out and wins.  People either love him because he is the underdog, or they hate him because he was drafted late and is good.  It's kinda fun.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Forge said:

If you think this post

Is a judgement rather than a query on your comment and how you arrived at your hypothesis, that's a you problem.  You said something I found odd with regard to to the content posted and wanted to clarify. 

If you don't want your comments assessed maybe a message board isn't the place for you.

It's simply the assumption. When we assume, it can do something to both of us. What might that be? Just spell out the word "assume" and we should all understand. 

Well, it's the fact that we are all stating opinions. Opinions are not facts. They are based on one's perception of a given material or situation. They can be based on facts but that does not make them facts. Opinions are by their very nature just opinions. We all have them. They are all to some degree subjective whether we pretend to be objective or not. It is the nature of opinions. No opinion is fact. If you don't agree with it, that is your right but don't spit on the person expressing it.

13 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

It's simply the assumption. When we assume, it can do something to both of us. What might that be? Just spell out the word "assume" and we should all understand. 

Well, it's the fact that we are all stating opinions. Opinions are not facts. They are based on one's perception of a given material or situation. They can be based on facts but that does not make them facts. Opinions are by their very nature just opinions. We all have them. They are all to some degree subjective whether we pretend to be objective or not. It is the nature of opinions. No opinion is fact. If you don't agree with it, that is your right but don't spit on the person expressing it.

My original post was in no way a judgement on you, nor was intended to be a slight. Accept that or don't, that's a you problem. 

I don't know why you would get seemingly get triggered by a comment stating confusion to your original post and take it as some sort of personal attack, but I fully support you if that's how you wish to react to it. I'm sorry you feel that way and I hope with time you'll see that it was simply a question on your original statement which I personally find to be well within the bounds of typical message board discourse. If you are posting something on here, my interpretation is that it's open to comment on. 

5 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Yeah, hit the nail on the head.

after I listens to Steve Ruiz bloviate, it begs the question, what would change his/any critics mind? Is it things he simply cannot change much, if at all? physical skills) 

is it the talent around him..something likely not changing..?

Nothing, they’re idiots because they don’t fundamentally value the most important aspect to the position and a pre-requisite for being anything more than a spot starter, which is “running the offense consistently”. 

if you take this one step further, there’s pretty much one aspect all top QBs have vs all below average QBs.  Top QBs are consistently on time in the offense and 75% (at least) of the time, make the right play. These are two different things but similar, and change person to person. Brady also spoke to this when he said he and mahomes played different sports.

mahomes is a freak because he can extend a play, breaks the rules and throw cross body, that’s within his wheel house. So it’s not a bad decision for him.

Drew Pur..Bree’s can manipulate a pocket and hit the check down with pinpoint accuracy or take the sack For Minimal loss or throw away.

one of these is a highlight reel that gets played non stop, the other will be forgotten. But they are much closer to importance than people realize. 

purdys game is not the insanity that people like, but in any nfl offense, short of a massive dearth of talent for a qb, if you’re making the right play with the right timing a majority of the time, you’re probably top 10 in the world and your offense is highly effective.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

I think Purdy Was throwing the ball away from the trail defender.  The Deep 1 started out like he was going to play a shallow hook/curl zone or blitz, but he hit the turbo button and went straight back to cover the deep 1.  I don't think Purdy knew that the deep 1 would be there.  It's possible this is something they practice because Turbo button wasn't in a position to make a play on the ball.  He was going too fast facing the wrong direction.  Not his best read, but the throw worked out really well

Also a reasonable assumption to make. 

Like you said, ultimately,  it worked out. I've said it before, I believe that process is often more important than results, but results still matter lol. If Purdy got fooled by a coverage, no biggie. that's what trap coverages are supposed to do (better word there is probably masked or disguised...don't want my comment to get misconstrued as an actual trap coverage). Other side gets paid to do a job as well. It won't be the first time Purdy gets fooled, won't be the last and he certainly isn't the only QB who gets fooled. For all I know, if Purdy was fooled by coverage there, he committed the small things to tip him off to memory and won't get fooled on it again, which would be the most important thing to come out of that (even more so than the actual play). 

It's possible it was a bad read that we just got lucky on, a bad throw that we got lucky on, or possible that Purdy really did just make a crazy good read and play. I wouldn't bash an opinion that followed any of those options. 

54 minutes ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

At this point, I like the hate.  It plays into Purdy's ah shucks attitude. He just goes out and wins.  People either love him because he is the underdog, or they hate him because he was drafted late and is good.  It's kinda fun.

This is pretty spot on lol 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Forge said:

My original post was in no way a judgement on you, nor was intended to be a slight. Accept that or don't, that's a you problem. 

I don't know why you would get seemingly get triggered by a comment stating confusion to your original post and take it as some sort of personal attack, but I fully support you if that's how you wish to react to it. I'm sorry you feel that way and I hope with time you'll see that it was simply a question on your original statement which I personally find to be well within the bounds of typical message board discourse. If you are posting something on here, my interpretation is that it's open to comment on. 

Is "that's a you problem" a favorite deflection of yours? Curious, because that's the second consecutive time used in a reply to me. 

Just expressing my opinion in general. Thanks for acknowledging it. 

I return you now to your Week 5 game thread. I am finished derailing it. 

8 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Is "that's a you problem" a favorite deflection of yours? Curious, because that's the second consecutive time used in a reply to me. 

Its telling you that it's something that you have to address within yourself as all I can tell you is that the intent / meaning you appear to be assigning to me (such as "spitting on you for an opinion") is erroneous. I can't make you believe that, I can just tell you it's wrong. Believe it or don't, but you're not going to lob that grenade as though it's objective. If you feel that way because of my comments, I'm sorry you feel that way, but there's nothing I can do about it. I do not feel that commenting on the confusion your initial post caused in me was out of line. Hopefully that is something that you can work through. Please feel free to reach out to me if you need to talk to someone about it. I'd be happy to listen and lend an ear. 

I will say that I don't think anyone has ever wondered if I was deflecting on football's future lol.  That's a new one for me. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

That's because they aren't running a cover 2 scheme and are playing more man than damn near every team in the league. They will challenge you on the sidelines. I don't know if that's exactly how they will play us though. Quinn has solid defensive game plans for the most part. Let's see if that DL forces Kyle to leave Kittle in to block instead of going out to run routes. Kittle can have a lot of success this game. 

Aiyuk should be able to do fine against Bland. 

Can't wait for the game, should be very intense and fun! 

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

That's because they aren't running a cover 2 scheme and are playing more man than damn near every team in the league. They will challenge you on the sidelines. I don't know if that's exactly how they will play us though. Quinn has solid defensive game plans for the most part. Let's see if that DL forces Kyle to leave Kittle in to block instead of going out to run routes. Kittle can have a lot of success this game. 

Aiyuk should be able to do fine against Bland. 

Can't wait for the game, should be very intense and fun! 

Biggest concern is really that Dallas pass rush. Brock was under such heavy pressure last year and it's possible the Dallas pass rush is better this year and our offense line is worse. 

I'm curious to see if we incorporate heavy power and duo in this game with CMC. I know that we've added some duo principles earlier in the season, and I think this Dallas defense is set up to defend zone better than power given how fast and light their boxes are