Week 5: San Francisco 49ers vs Dallas Cowboys

J-ALL-DAY

6 hours ago, Forge said:

I'm not sure how the takeaway from the actual posted segment is that Nick can't get past the Mr Irrelevant title. 

Nearly the entire segment he's talking about Geno and why he likes Geno, which is pretty divorced from having anything to do with Purdy. The only thing he really says about Purdy is that some of the dropped INTs will turn around at some point. 

How many turnover worthy plays does Purdy have? Genuine question

I know he had 2-3 turnover worthy plays against the Giants. Can't recall anything else

2 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

How many turnover worthy plays does Purdy have? Genuine question

I know he had 2-3 turnover worthy plays against the Giants. Can't recall anything else

Pff has him charted with 5. Nearly 4% turnover worthy play rate which is 6th highest in the league

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Pff has him charted with 5. Nearly 4% turnover worthy play rate which is 6th highest in the league

Interesting. He had 2 fumbles in the Steelers game & 2 botched snaps after (Rams, Giants). I wonder if thats factored in. That is something he needs to clean up. But it seems like he's been pretty good with the throws. 

3 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Interesting. He had 2 fumbles in the Steelers game & 2 botched snaps after (Rams, Giants). I wonder if thats factored in. That is something he needs to clean up. But it seems like he's been pretty good with the throws. 

Fumbles in the pocket count, but that's it

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Fumbles in the pocket count, but that's it

Think they also got him for a turnover worthy play on the pass that Pat Pete jumped in Pittsburgh when it was a good read when he anticipated the route. I've made my mind known on that one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

This sounds worse when I hear it person. I legit don't know if he's trying to go Skip Bayless to make a name for himself. Pretty cringe. 

I think he's correct on the Aiyuk pass, it was a bad throw. My thoughts on Purdy go along with something I heard Steve Young mention in an interview like 10 years ago. 95% of quarterbacking is making the ordinary play. Extraordinarily athletic plays that the top 5 of the qb world can do can change a play or two in a game but it doesn't affect the other what is the average snap count for an offense? 50ish plays?  Purdy is elite in the every down, ordinary play and while that generally isn't as exciting as the QBs with the elite athletic talents, it also doesn't mean he can't run an offense at an elite level doing the things that need to be done on the other 48 plays of the game. That is a skill too that a very large portion of nfl quarterbacks including those with elite athletic traits don't always possess.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, N4L said:

I have NFL+ and they have every game from the last 10 years on there. 

And this year, NFL+ comes with RedZone! It really is worth the $100 it costs for 1 year. I can get my football fix even in the offseason. All the nationally broadcast games are available live on my phone, as well--which is really convenient since I am rarely home on Sundays. 

1 hour ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Thanks! Just clarifying because you've made it abundantly clear when you have an issue with my opinions in the past. But let's be who we are without the judgement, shall we? 😎

If you think this post

20 hours ago, Forge said:

I'm not sure how the takeaway from the actual posted segment is that Nick can't get past the Mr Irrelevant title. 

Nearly the entire segment he's talking about Geno and why he likes Geno, which is pretty divorced from having anything to do with Purdy. The only thing he really says about Purdy is that some of the dropped INTs will turn around at some point. 

Is a judgement rather than a query on your comment and how you arrived at your hypothesis, that's a you problem.  You said something I found odd with regard to to the content posted and wanted to clarify. 

If you don't want your comments assessed maybe a message board isn't the place for you.