The Week 5 Thread: 0-4 Bears at 2-2 Commanders - THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL on PRIME - GIF THEME now DROOPY

MikeT14

1 minute ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yup. Watch fans stop coming and then the players start grousing about the lack of fan support. Screw them. 

And the good news is we can’t trade any of these guys because half of our roster will be free agents at the end of the year lol

• Like 1

Just now, taylor made said:

How many more games does Sam start? Ron will have to start Jacoby eventually if he wants to save his job. 

I hope all of them. Starting Jacoby does nothing for this franchise. I'm hoping Ron gets fired tomorrow so we don't see a desperate coach try to save his job on a retread QB that isn't going to have a chance to develop into anything resembling a franchise QB. At least Howell might (not saying he will as I have no crystal ball). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thaiphoon said:

I hope all of them. Starting Jacoby does nothing for this franchise. I'm hoping Ron gets fired tomorrow so we don't see a desperate coach try to save his job on a retread QB that isn't going to have a chance to develop into anything resembling a franchise QB. At least Howell might (not saying he will as I have no crystal ball). 

Rivera has never done a save his butt move throughout all of the nonsense the past year. I'm skeptical he would bench Howell.

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

Can Jacoby play defense? If not, I’m not sure what he fixes here

I concur SH is not playing well but the D has to support him by making stops to many 2nd and short. This puts to much pressure on the QB and really the D has been playing good all yr.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Rivera has never done a save his butt move throughout all of the nonsense the past year. I'm skeptical he would bench Howell.

Rivera's seat has never been as hot as it is now. He was "Coach for Life" with Danny. He knew he wasn't getting fired this offseason. But this season is a new animal altogether. 

• Like 1

Just now, Thaiphoon said:

Rivera's seat has never been as hot as it is now. He was "Coach for Life" with Danny. He knew he wasn't getting fired this offseason. But this season is a new animal altogether. 

You put in Brissett and they says you’ve given up on Howell. If you’ve given up on Howell that means your first pick is going to be a QB. Nobody gets to pick a QB in their 5th year as headcoach after the previous 4 were bad. The moment he goes to Brissett it’s over for him. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Ron Rivera is going to do a press conference where he says he didn’t know this game counts towards the standings 

Well you see guys, the Bears are in the AFC so this doesn’t count towards our playoff standings…

uhhh Ron